Also a good way to reuse those ball joint pieces if they cracked instead of throwing them out.

Here's a couple of videos of my latest GBCs.

The Bucket Scoop one is 90% made from parts in the Bucket Wheel Excavator.

I really like the red & black rotating arm on this (You can see it on the right in the preview image):

Although I am not that bothered about Mindstorms in relation to GBC (I just like the idea of everything being done of one motor), I have to say, the way this manipulates the grabber really is cool. Also like how it is precise enough to pick up the balls.

except at 1:13 where it fumbles a dropoff!! :D

very nice version of 'fast ball sorter'...  and same.. as much as I like 1-motor-mechanical solutions..   when someone does a mindstorms module that perfoms a *really* neat trick, I'll always be impressed!

The two balls near the grab point suggests it may have failed a few times there too.

I hadn't noticed to be honest.

Well noticed, I didn't see it :)
It runs great though, no problems in three days running at an event. I have put the 'display' meanwhile 45 degrees up so it's more natural to look at at that angle when standing in front of it.

It totally missed Brothers Bricks had a nice article on it, my apologies to them.

GBC-Counter-Count.gif?resize=600,338&ssl

I have built Nico71/David Manleys one.. but found the input unreliable.. so will redo it one of these days

Was thinking of using a stepper, that guarantees 1 ball at a time, to feed onto the conveyor... rather than a 'tumbler-style' conveyor, that can occasionally bring 2 balls up

I do like your numbers setup.. although a lot more brick-intensive than their design!

This is nice, I like the motion of the tipping cups:

Edited by Ankoku

Nice one! I really like the overflow elements of that machine.

It is a very polished machine, image wise, even though it seems it isn't 100% reliable.

Thanks for videoing it @Maico!

(I try not to post stuff on here when I know said video is done by an active member on here.)

I really like the speed of this. It is slow enough that you can enjoy watching the ball going round the loop.

Edited by Ankoku

haha.. thanks for the post!  still only a work-in-progress.. it needs to have it's own ball input.

I'm almost thinking of having something that feeds balls in pairs.. as two balls going around looks pretty cool!