Well, given that it's an EV3 event, makes sense, doesn't it? :blush:

yes bat its kinda annoying that we have to buy a new product to upload it to the lego website

Well since it is the "MINDSTORMS community" I think it would be appropriate for them to only allow creations that include MINDSTORMS.

Also, in the rules it clearly states that you can use older versions of the MINDSTORMS (e.g. RCX and NXT) if you'd like.

to new modules today

Those images are just thumbnails. If you actually want to see the modules, try http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=552922.

9v system, you asked in an earlier post if that pump jams, and I said no. At Brickworld Indy I found that if you run it faster than one ball per second, it will jam and start to break apart.

The double sweeper is one I haven't seen instructions for. Is that your own design?

I've just had a good testing session of my latest module.

Balls sent through: 1200+

Balls spilled (other than due to a jam): 4

Jams that didn't clear of their own accord: 1

I can live with the spill rate, but any jam rate greater than 0 is too high. Unfortunately, it's low enough that it's incredibly difficult to troubleshoot. Anybody got a high-speed video camera I can borrow? And a tripod? And a lighting studio? :-)

I can live with the spill rate, but any jam rate greater than 0 is too high. Unfortunately, it's low enough that it's incredibly difficult to troubleshoot. Anybody got a high-speed video camera I can borrow? And a tripod? And a lighting studio? :-)

Cool! Is it made out old or new technic this time? Unfortunately I have none of those though:(

Post a pic and video of module if you looking for diag help. :wink: Did it run for around 20 minutes without jamming? Are using real LEGO balls?

If you haven't already tried it, a standard speed camera may be good enough. If you're in southern Indiana, USA, I'll loan you my tripod. :-)

Seems obvious, but I have to ask: You have 1200+ balls or ... many of them went through several times?

Last weekend I attended an event organised by Belug: Brick Mania Wetteren.

This GBC circuit was setup by 6 persons.

Last weekend I attended an event organised by Belug: Brick Mania Wetteren.

This GBC circuit was setup by 6 persons.

Are you going to make more instructions soon?

Cool! Is it made out old or new technic this time? Unfortunately I have none of those though:(

what is this new GBC module you are working on ?

It's a passive one, taking balls from the top of a chain lift (that has now seen about four different versions, in my modules over the last few years). I've got a drop of about 20 studs from the top of the lift to the height of the input bin of the following module. The balls go into the first mechanism that collects four balls and releases them all together. They run into a second mechanism that spaces them out again, so they get passed to the next module one at a time.

It's built primarily out of studless, with a few studded bits thrown in, mainly to attach it to the baseplate.

Post a pic and video of module if you looking for diag help. :wink: Did it run for around 20 minutes without jamming? Are using real LEGO balls?

I'm not really asking for help, just expressing frustration at the difficulty of diagnosing such an intermittent problem.

One jam in 1200 balls @ 1 ball per second = almost running for around 20 minutes without jamming :-) I actually see small jams happening much more frequently but the vibrations from the feeder module are enough to get things moving again pretty quickly. As far as I can tell, the problem stems from my counterweight being too heavy while, at the same time but for a different reason, being too light - those balls (I'm using the white and orange Friends balls) don't weigh very much!

If you haven't already tried it, a standard speed camera may be good enough. If you're in southern Indiana, USA, I'll loan you my tripod. :-)

Western Australia is probably a bit far from Southern Indiana. I appreciate the thought though :-). I think my problem with what I've tried so far is that I haven't tried analysing the video I have taken with any software that allows me to step through the video frame by frame. If I can only go back and forward to the next keyframe, it makes it a bit tough to see what's actually going on.

Seems obvious, but I have to ask: You have 1200+ balls or ... many of them went through several times?

Ha. I wish. I have ~100 balls, so when I run out of balls to feed the module, I empty the container that had been collecting the balls, and add another hundred to the count.

Owen.

I think my problem with what I've tried so far is that I haven't tried analysing the video I have taken with any software that allows me to step through the video frame by frame. If I can only go back and forward to the next keyframe, it makes it a bit tough to see what's actually going on.

Among the free and commonly available video software on Windows machines, I find the Quicktime viewer to be best for going frame by frame. Between that and my Samsung S4 at about 30 fps, it's sufficient to analyse our 4-meter trebuchet. Best of luck.

Turns out Windows Media Player can do it too!

So of course when I set up a video recording, it runs for a solid half-hour without missing a beat. Though I suppose I shouldn't moan - that's exactly what I want in the end anyway.

This weekend I have setup a GBC circuit at the Open Deur dag at Evonik in Antwerp, Belgium.

Follow the blue ball :-)

While awaiting bricklink orders... I build Akiyuki's zigzag module...

works pretty well.. doesn't like running at slow speeds... jams every once in a while..

Edited by RohanBeckett