The marbles I ordered arrived yesterday, I've now been trying out various types of rails. Can someone confirm these all would work with the normal GBC balls/beads as well?

IMG_6359sm.jpg

All the rails you have made work for normal GBCs except for the bottom right type.

The normal GBC balls pass trhough that piece.

I hope I have helped you!

Edited by Yiharua

Oh dear. I may have found a new hobby. And an excuse to buy Friends sets. Ah, curse you for making me aware of this.

This galery work as instructions for my module "RODII"

http://www.brickshel...ry.cgi?f=525902

oc3rFuWl.jpg

And what is better than instructions for that MOC? Here you have the LDD FILE for the EXACT SAME MODULE :). http://www.hispalug.....0;attach=26288

More info: Here you have some downloads related to GBCs ;). http://yiharuablog.wordpress.com/downloads/great-ball-contraption/

A lot of GBC info out there :).

Oh dear. I may have found a new hobby. And an excuse to buy Friends sets. Ah, curse you for making me aware of this.

I am glad there is a new GBCer ;).

Edited by Yiharua

Careful, it's highly addictive.

Thanks, that's exactly what I wanted to know. I guess my information with 14mm diameter was off since the opening in that piece is 13mm.

Maybe I'll start GBCing too, once I'm done sorting my 20000+ parts. I love all the mechanical goodness in every module. :wub: Plus I'm not so good at building cars :grin:

Got few sources for you then:

1. Search for Akiyuki GBC LXF. There are several 'reverse engineered' GBCs on Brick-Doctor ... The page is in German, but there are some good LXFs

2. Check Philo's page. He has LDDs of some 'famous' GBCs such as the shovel and one that uses the StarWars HailFire Wheels

None of my own design. I did most of those on Philo's page, plus was able to reproduce the pneumatic one by Akiyuki (video below). I should take some pics and put them on brickshelf. My 'plan' ... (more like wishful thinking) is to get back into this during the holidays and complete a couple of WIPs, including the 'birds' by Akiyuki and one based on some Bionicle pieces for a bucket wheel excavator.

Got few sources for you then:

1. Search for Akiyuki GBC LXF. There are several 'reverse engineered' GBCs on Brick-Doctor ... The page is in German, but there are some good LXFs

2. Check Philo's page. He has LDDs of some 'famous' GBCs such as the shovel and one that uses the StarWars HailFire Wheels

Could you please put the links for the LXF files of Akiyuky's GBCs? I searched the forum you specificated but didn't find anything.

Could you please put the links for the LXF files of Akiyuky's GBCs? I searched the forum you specificated but didn't find anything.

They're all in the thread below. From page 2 onwards. Typically it is a ZIP file towards the end of a given post. Let me know if you can't locate them.

http://www.doktor-brick.de/board7-bauen/board1-lego-technic-und-nxt/448-gbc-sammelthread/f95dea57

Very welcome ... happy building!

Actually I wasn't planning on building them as I'm already working on of my own GBC modules. I was more intrested to see all the mechanisms :D

Still .. Happy Building .. whether it is Akiyuki's or your own creations :)

Edited by DrJB

LegoGBC's playlist on YT is a fab for sitting transfixed infront of your computer for hours at a time!

I'm absolutely fascinated by these GBCs. They epitomize what LEGO is all about for me - function over form, creative freedom and clever and intuitive mechanics. Since I struggle to build vehicles and don't really have much interest in cars outside of LEGO (don't own a car), GBC is probably the way I'll go.

I have a small stock of parts, but my question is do GBCers buy sets to boost their parts or do they buy job lots of random bricks etc on eBay? Obviously specific parts can be bought individually, but it strikes me that this is less necessary than if you are building a specific vehicle that needs certain parts.

I have a small stock of parts, but my question is do GBCers buy sets to boost their parts or do they buy job lots of random bricks etc on eBay? Obviously specific parts can be bought individually, but it strikes me that this is less necessary than if you are building a specific vehicle that needs certain parts.

Hi!

In my case I dont buy specific sets for GBCs. I just buy the sets that I enjoy building and playing with, and then I use them in GBCs. That happens most of the times. 2 years ago or so there was a Lego Technic model of an excavator, and I bought two of them becouse of the chains (FOr the use in Lego GBCs) but I eventually I have never used them...

The only piece I buy specificly for GBCs are the Lego Sport balls. Those are a basic, although you can replace them for beads necklace (Which can be bought at your local oriental provider :D)

Cool, good to know!

I got 33 of the balls off BrickLink recently and will be beginning my GBC adventure soon!

I used to buy some deeply discounted Technic sets for starter to get the ball rolling. These days I use Pick A Brick wall for most non-Technic pieces. If I need a specific piece I would use BrickLink. I use my VIP points to get motors from Lego Shop@Home.

Good stuff. Akiyuki's ball shooter is out of this world. Whenever I show it to people, they are just speechless as to how it works!