Here's my latest MOC:

10659849883_27756d0793.jpg

Bright sunlight filtered through the intricate stained glass of the Hall’s windows. The cold stone brick walls and floor of the room soaked in the warm illumination. Around the Hall, courtiers stood in small, casual groups, talking of politics and court gossip. Suddenly the great wooden doors at the end of the Hall burst open. A fully-armored knight strode in; the king jumped excitedly to his feet.

“Your highness,” the knight said with a bow. “I bring news of the western front. I have ridden all the way from the township of Ellithshire to bring it. The war goes not well! All the countryside is ravaged with brutal warfare. Reinforcements are desperately required!”

Breathing heavily from this exhortation, the knight gazed about the room, his grim countenance silencing the many whispering groups of excited courtiers. The crow-shaped crest atop his helmet bobbed up and down with each breath; it almost seemed alive and ready to fly away.

After a moment of thought, the king called aloud to the captain of the guard. “Captain! Send messengers to the villages. Issue a call to arms to all military age men. Once they are gathered, we ride off…to war!”

The excitement in the court couldn’t be held in any longer. Wild whispers rose to shouts as the courtiers suddenly realized the gravity of this proclamation. The war was no longer just a distant rumble; it had now grown to a mighty roar!

I came up with a lot of new techniques for this build, including a ton that I didn’t use. I probably have enough unused techniques to build another throne room. (hmmm, if only there were some kind of contest going on right now that I could do that for…;)

Anyway, thanks for viewing! :D

Soli Deo Gloria! :)

Wow! Beautiful. If I had the pieces for it, I'd try to use your technique to build the throne room of Minas Tirith.

I was also wondering why this doesn't get any comments. It is a splendid throne room (something I've wanted to build for a long time, so this will surely be of inspiration for me). I love the mat on the floor and the floor patterns. The walls and the windows are great :) I'd like a close up on the throne, though!

Great. Just splendid. Thanks - I checked out the pic "embiggened" and was not disappointed. Tons of great details, some so simple they blow my mind in that I've never seen them. Very fresh masonry and brickwork. And solid "copy" to go with the solid build. I can feel the deliberate crafting of each.

Now...I just wish I could get a better look at those windows....

Well worth looking at the more detailed pictures for this....there are loads of really great techniques and inspired parts usage.

Very nice build, I especially like the windows and their frames! And the color scheme of the whole build is also very good :classic:

Thanks guys! Sorry about the lack of detail picks...I'm planning on doing another throne room soon, so i might use some of these techniques again. Hopefully you'll be able to see them better there.

@ZCerberus: Haha! It's certainly tempting...ya'll do pump out a lot of quality builds! ;)

This really is a fascinating piece. Gives me some great ideas, truly.