L@go

MOC: Service with a Smile - modular gas station

It's so brilliant... it is almost shocking... I love the interior details and cars... Great job!

Incredible attention to detail! Really nice and full of everything.

The more complete and detailed service station view from now. Congratulations!

Really nice work.

Since some time one of my planned future MOCs is a car park with a ramp like that, but with multiple levels.

The ramp takes a lot of space indeed. Hence why I abandoned that idea for the parking lot I made for the Modular Madness contest last year [ on this thread ], as there was a 32x32 size limit

But I sill think doing a bigger one some day.

At the first sight i toght this is gigantic, but the many details and little things so amazing.

And yeah the hot-rods are awesome

Thanks again, guys! I really appreciate the feedback :)

what i wonder with these large mocs, and any moc in general, do you guys keep them ? or is build the thing, take pictures, maybe a build plan and then destroy it again ?

While I can't speak for others, I have kept all my MOCs to date together. But then again, I haven't really been MOCing for more than about three years, so I don't have all that many. It is pretty clear to me that I can't keep building and building - I don't have the room - but I'll be dismantling most of the official sets that I have sitting on my shelves. I don't really need them anymore - I prefer MOCing :)

Hi L@go,

Wow, what great work!

Since I'm unfamiliar with the LEGO Adventure Book(s) and am considering purchasing the upcoming edition, would you mind clarifying something for me: Is this gas station MOC detailed in the Adventure Book, Volume 2? Or only the cars and hot-rods you have pictured?

Thanks so much!

Thank you, chillmodious, I'm glad you like it!

Is this gas station MOC detailed in the Adventure Book, Volume 2? Or only the cars and hot-rods you have pictured?

With almost 5,000 parts, instructions for the whole thing would probably fill more than a book alone - so no, you won't find instructions for the gas station. What you will find, though, are instructions for parts of the bigger build: The gas pumps, the street lamps, the parking ticket machine, the barbecue, the garden chairs, the sofa in the clubhouse lounge, and the fountain in the back. You will also find instructions for the Gas Guzzler (the tanker truck) and the Blue Eagle (the medium blue vintage car).

And in the other chapters? You'll find instructions for this, this, this, this, this, and this - and much more :)

With almost 5,000 parts, instructions for the whole thing would probably fill more than a book alone

If you ask me, this Moc would be very plausible as an UCS set. In some cases we've had sets like Tower Bridge and Taj Mahal etc...

All kinds of huge buildings with extensive instructions, so... ever heard of Cuusoo?...

:wink:

Cheers,

JJ.

Edited by Jasper Joppe Geers

Yes... but Cuusoo isn't turning into what I hoped it would, and I don't have much hope that anything this big would ever be considered for production as a Cuusoo set. I appreciate your optimism, though - and I certainly wouldn't say no if TLG wanted to market this :)

Wow! There is too much to point out, so I'm just going to say: Fantastic! 10/10 :tongue:

If you don't mind, could we get a street-level picture of the ground level with the top on?

Thanks - these are the best I have :)

9941596066_62867fd9a5_c.jpg

9922239233_fb238fc9d8_c.jpg

9922118046_5a726ef4bd_c.jpg

9922141594_36d7fc8bcf_c.jpg

But again, there are more here, in the Flickr album. See if you find anything you like!

Edited by L@go

This build is so cool .... I love the overall details. I have been thinking really hard to find one thing in particular but its overall such a clean build with everything thought out ( or you just got lucky ? ) .... *The club is awesome and the fact that it can be removed and make more parking space is cool. Your interior for the gas station looks superb even though most of it is just pure clean bricks.

This is really a top 10 of my most liked builds ive seen around of city. Very well done !

As someone with several old Town sets your redo's, especially on the Hot Rod Club, are inspiring. I really appreciate your work and think Lego should consider revisiting classics with your creative style. Great job!

hmm wow what a bump but i have to thank you guys since i was thinking about this masterpiece and wanted to take a look at it again.. its still awesome

A thoroughly impressive build - well deserving of a place in any town layout. Thank you and congratulations.

Fun to find this on the first page again. I'm glad you like it - it's still my favourite of all the things I've built, so it's rewarding that it appeals to other people as well!

being new to the forum and having not seen this thread before... all i can say is WOW, love the details, very inspiring work

hi !

what an awesome building !

I like all the tiny details, it's like you have think of everything as if the station was used since years

I wonder if you're maybe selling a part of instruction or so one ? (like some MOC that are on ebay ?)

I'd like to realise such model

an affol

(sorry for my bad language, i'm french ^^" )

Hehe, thanks for the bump - it's fun to see this surface every now and again :)

hi !

what an awesome building !

I like all the tiny details, it's like you have think of everything as if the station was used since years

I wonder if you're maybe selling a part of instruction or so one ? (like some MOC that are on ebay ?)

I'd like to realise such model

an affol

(sorry for my bad language, i'm french ^^" )

Ton anglais n'est pas aussi mauvais que tu penses!

But I'm sorry, I don't have instructions for the buildings. There are instructions for some of the details though, in the LEGO Adventure Book 2 (link goes to French Amazon page), and there are many more pictures in this album on Flickr, so if you study those I'm sure you can work out how it's done - it's not a very advanced design. I'm glad you like it, Lily - feel free to ask if there's anything in particular you are wondering about!