Not sure anyone reported on this, but found a new GBC (haven't seen it before) on u-tube.

Edited by DrJB

Ok, it´s working good but what is the sense of this?

You probably haven't seen a GBC loop :D GBCs are fascinating to watch,build and study how they work.

The mechanism behind how this works is truly amazing! i'm glad the video showed some behind the scene prototyping. the fact that there is no NXT and no sensors, making this a brainless mechanism is really cool. at first i was wondering how it knew there was a ball there and that it should lift it up, then i saw how it worked. very smart solution.

the stuff Akiyuki makes always amazes me!

bob

What Akiyuky does is truly amazing. :wub_drool:

Some of the modules look kind of boring, but when you see the mechanics behind it, your jaw will drop to the floor.

He mostly works with mechanics instead of electric or even programmed NXT solutions.

Look at

and tell me after ten seconds how many motors you think are used for this.

Then watch to the end.

If you still have no idea how many, see

:grin:

I should have a GBC module in my office to distract people wanting to bother me :P Great work by Akiyuky as always!

The mechanism behind how this works is truly amazing! i'm glad the video showed some behind the scene prototyping. the fact that there is no NXT and no sensors, making this a brainless mechanism is really cool. at first i was wondering how it knew there was a ball there and that it should lift it up, then i saw how it worked. very smart solution.

Before I saw the prototypes I thought it was sensors needed for this, but it really is a great solution :classic:

Wow, i saw the video of the "Ball Factory Ver.2" really great and nice to look if it´s working. :thumbup:

At the end of his more recent videos he posts some solutions he tried which didn't work, which make his stuff even more mind-blowing - while his mechanisms are elegant and make sense, to get there he's had to solve some unexpected problems which have non-obvious solutions.

There is beauty in his designs, always built so clean and elegant.

I always wonder why TLG does not make a technic GBC just to see if there is a market for it, after all there are tons of marble toys.

If they were designed like Akiyuki's machines I would collect them and keep them built as a big GBC

Just don't let the colorblind designers get into the GBC team.

OMG, i don´t want to know how expensive these components are............. but really nice :thumbup:

I saw this on youtube a few days ago. It's epic and must have taken ages to design and build. I would have liked to see the balls being seperated out at some point but no matter. I've watched it a few times. It's very clever.

H

I would have liked to see the balls being seperated out at some point but no matter.

In fact, Akiyuki put out few version of his 20 GBC modules. One of them uses a Mindstorms NXT Color Sensor to separate the balls ... but they get mixed up again later in the contraption. Look in his youtube channel.

Edited by DrJB