just2good

LEGO Minecraft (Minfigure Scale) 2014 Rumors and Discussion

Yeah, they definitely look much better than the early pictures we saw. Loving the printed pieces especially!

Although I'm not into this theme, I get a better feeling when I see these than I did with some of the more recent efforts. The layouts for both look aesthetically pleasing and inspire ideas for further customization.

While I'm not a fan of the game, I gotta admit that these were done right. The tools look tremindeous! Also, they managed to make both sets filled with unique pieces, very little overlap.

Haha, Hamley's again... we got 2012 SW descriptions from there.

Again, I'm not a Minecraft fan, but the sets look pretty alright.

-Sci

Edited by CM4Sci

I agree with the general consensus-these sets look far better than the preliminaries. I think it was a bad idea for LEGO to show their preliminary designs to fans. It made a lot of us worried.

Anyways, I'm glad that the final sets look so awesome. :thumbup:

Edited by montyofmusic

I hope this license will have a long run so that they can improve on the designs. We all know how great the Star Wars sets was in the beginning and Lego are still improving on that license.

BUT I wan't to have my custom skin .... not Steve. (I do love Steve)

Not a Minecraft fan (I have nothing against it though) but these look spectacular! The Farm seems a little small for $30 but they both look very great.

These look like crap! Sure I expected them to be a mish-mash of bricks but the new molds for the pickaxe and shovel looks bad, crafting bench looks bad, Pumpkin doesn't look like it does in the game!

Probably won't be cheap either, Notch gotta has his share. I bet they'll sell like hot cakes anyway!

Love all the little knick knacks. Though the heads look oddly small. I guess after playing years of Minecraft you get used to big heads :laugh:

I never saw the prelims that everyone seems to be comparing these too, but those must have been horrible, because while these are apparently better then those first images, they still look absolutely terrible.

These builds are very basic, boring, and overpriced. I feel like you could make 90% of the sets with random Pick-a-Brick parts! I don't understand the love for these whatsoever.

Honestly, none of this looks that interesting. For a Minecraft lover it's probably cool, but the builds are basic and boring looking. :sceptic: The accessories and prints are cool, but that's about it.

For everybody who is complaining about these, these sets are for kids and minecraft fans. So PLEASE stop complaining, because it is annoying and repetitive.

The frontpage post that directed me here said "do these appeal to you or more to Minecraft fans? Discuss" which is why I'm here.

I am not a Minecraft fan, but all lego sets can have some potential value. Friends, TMNT, Chima, Galaxy Squad even, have all introduced new pieces or figures that are useful outside their lines, but just like the micro Minecraft sets, minifig scale sets hold no appeal for me. There are no new pieces of any value. If the tools wouldn't have been so detailed, if they would have made one single new plant vegetable or fruit for the "farm", these sets could have had some value, but as it is, these will again be sets I just gloss over.

Now I read a bit of hate of these all ready, mmm.......it says from ages 8+.....I know for a fact, actually know of many children who are Minecraft fans.

That's the reason why they might look a bit more basic.....I also read the details of the sets saying to build on to expand the Minecraft world.....go figure it's block world and this is Lego. :wink:

I like them, though I'm not into Minecraft I know I'll be buying them as Christmas presents to give to friends of my son or kids belonging to friends of mine.

Now I read a bit of hate of these all ready, mmm.......it says from ages 8+.....

Hey, hey, hey! That's a suggestion; they have to put that on there!

I really don't get all the negativity here, what did you expect, tons of slopes and curves? :grin: These are Minecraft sets after all and IMO, they managed to capture its essence perfectly, even more so than the Micro Worlds :thumbup:

Yeah, these sets look like... Minecraft made out of Lego bricks. It's bound to be boring to someone who isn't a Minecraft fan. (Never played the games myself)

They're basic because Minecraft itself is basic, they aren't simplified for children. Like Lego-Freak said, they captured Minecraft perfectly.

For everybody who is complaining about these, these sets are for kids and minecraft fans. So PLEASE stop complaining, because it is annoying and repetitive.

Hear that guys? Quit voicing your opinions if you don't like these sets. Your negative sentiments are repetitive! :sarcasm:

Edited by Sir Walter Maugham

Hey, hey, hey! That's a suggestion; they have to put that on there!

I didn't mean to offend you, but I was only implying that the only fans of Minecraft I know are children hence the reason behind what I said what I said.

Be interesting to see the other sets, it's hard to judge a theme based only on seeing two sets.

I'm not a fan of Minecraft myself, but the sets do have a certain charm to them. Do you think it would be cheaper just to build your own Minecraft world with regular bricks and then Bricklink the figures?

Yeah, these sets look like... Minecraft made out of Lego bricks. It's bound to be boring to someone who isn't a Minecraft fan. (Never played the games myself)

They're basic because Minecraft itself is basic, they aren't simplified for children. Like Lego-Freak said, they captured Minecraft perfectly.

Hear that guys? Quit voicing your opinions if you don't like these sets. Your negative sentiments are repetitive! :sarcasm:

I'm not saying that, but it's like people are expecting there to be tons of detail put into it. So unless you play minecraft, I do, then you shouldn't be so quick to judge the sets. It's annoying to hear people complain about things that they don't even know about. That'll be like me complaining about Halo, when I've never even played the game in my life.

I didn't mean to offend you, but I was only implying that the only fans of Minecraft I know are children hence the reason behind what I said what I said.

Be interesting to see the other sets, it's hard to judge a theme based only on seeing two sets.

No offence at all, although if you didn't catch the quote...then we may have a member who's not seen the Lego Movie! There he is! Get Im' boys! :grin:

I'm not saying that, but it's like people are expecting there to be tons of detail put into it. So unless you play minecraft, I do, then you shouldn't be so quick to judge the sets. It's annoying to hear people complain about things that they don't even know about. That'll be like me complaining about Halo, when I've never even played the game in my life.

Well obviously there's going to be a lot of people who play Minecraft and a lot who don't. Even though it's based for Minecraft fans, the sets should also appeal to non-players. Lego is generally very successful with this task, but in this case it seems that while it appeals to some fans for it's accuracy, it doesn't appeal to non-players because it's accuracy means a lack of detail and bland bricks. I've never played Minecraft; but if the set looked more interesting I may buy it; a person does not have to know the source materal to like or dislike a set based off it.

No offence at all, although if you didn't catch the quote...then we may have a member who's not seen the Lego Movie! There he is! Get Im' boys! :grin:

Well obviously there's going to be a lot of people who play Minecraft and a lot who don't. Even though it's based for Minecraft fans, the sets should also appeal to non-players. Lego is generally very successful with this task, but in this case it seems that while it appeals to some fans for it's accuracy, it doesn't appeal to non-players because it's accuracy means a lack of detail and bland bricks. I've never played Minecraft; but if the set looked more interesting I may buy it; a person does not have to know the source materal to like or dislike a set based off it.

That is true, but it wouldn't be good if they aren't accurate- there will probably be some people who play minecraft, but never with Legos, that will get the sets for their accuracy. If they are not accurate, then they will not buy them, and that will ultimately be a loss for lego.