just2good

LEGO Minecraft (Minfigure Scale) 2014 Rumors and Discussion

Wow, Minecraft must really be doing well if they're not just expanding the line beyond that initial set but actually embracing multiple scales and styles, the way they've done for a handful of other licenses.

Also, I suggest this be moved to the Licensed Themes forum.

I second this. I know discussions of various licensed sets and themes are scattered hither and yon all over EB already, but still.

Found some, rather low-quality, pictures of the prototypes they were showing off at Minecon:

hvzQRER.jpg

TL7grbF.jpg

Looks like we're getting a sword mold as well. Not surprising.

9xWvWb7.jpg

Edited by TheNerdyOne_

Found some, rather low-quality, pictures of the prototypes they were showing off at Minecon:

They look nice. From what I can see, the spider looks spot on to the one in the game, and the proportions are great with Steve. The cow also looks true to the game as well. Steve looks quite the same as the one in the video (hard to see, near the Creepers), and I hope the sword has a cool mold.

Edited by Rick
Please don't quote images unnecessarily

Minecraft might well be the licensed theme requiring the fewest theme-specific molds ever. From what I know of the game, they could probably make no more custom elements beyond the sword, and still produce official sets with greater fidelity to the likenesses of everything in the game than almost any other licensed thing they've done.

I want this now! :wub: I think Steve's head should be one plate taller though, it looks kind of rectangular.

I like the spiders, but the cows are ugly. I think lego should add new pieces for those creepers. Like those castle horses and dragon or minifigs.

Edited by Rick
Please don't quote images unnecessarily

I agree, the cows look kind of ugly, but the spiders look great!

Sorry to be a minimodder, but stop quoting those pics, there isn't even a reason for that! I can hardly read the topic... :look:

Loving that pickaxe mold! :wub:

For those who can't view the video, or want a high quality image, here are most of the prototypes shown at MineCon. The only things missing in this photo are the spiders.

10677053506_75517fd36f_o_d.jpg

This looks like fun!

https://community.le.../bd-p/Minecraft

this is where you can vote :P

also it seems to be alot of people like number 6

Minecraft%20creepers.jpg

I think:

1 and 4 are the best

the others are fat or got a weird sticky face/are weird

Number 4 would really be an offical minifigure if they remove somestuds at the body

Edited by larsyuipo

Hmmm, they are good but I wanted to have a go at designing one myself as it seems a lot of people (including me) wanted movable legs. What do you guys think? legocreeper.png

Hmmm, they are good but I wanted to have a go at designing one myself as it seems a lot of people (including me) wanted movable legs. What do you guys think?

could work.

Maybe: design 1 or 4

my idea:

1: 2 by 4 soft tile and brick

1: 2 by 1 tile with 1 stud

2: 1 by 2 bricks

1: 3 by 2 plate

2: 1 by 2 plate

then put it together

Found this over on reddit , fellow that goes by the name of "TheNerdyOne_" posted this on /r/minecraft

http://imgur.com/a/eFmqy

Personally I think he has some great designs , especially that wither :wub:

I think those are some ideas, but the cows would work

Found this over on reddit , fellow that goes by the name of "TheNerdyOne_" posted this on /r/minecraft

http://imgur.com/a/eFmqy

Personally I think he has some great designs , especially that wither :wub:

I'm glad you like them! If we're posting designs, I hav plenty more where that came one. I think I have a better solution for the Cow's horns as well, I'll see if I can post them once I get the chance.

EDIT:

pFkpRNM.png

Edited by TheNerdyOne_

I'd like to see a set like micro world.

-top kayer (grass and stuff: you can take this of)

-cave: One side is closed and one side is open.

I will post a pic when I have made one :/

I've been waiting for this :blush:

Looks like sets could be bland but could also be very interesting :sceptic:

Don't really like any of those creepers though :grin:

I have to agree, I really don't like any of those creeper designs, look at #5 :sick:

I think out of all of them though, I like allanp's design the best.

I am loving that wither, the use of the tiny space between the stud and the top of those SNOT bricks is brilliant! :wub: Not sure about that enderman though...

I am loving that wither, the use of the tiny space between the stud and the top of those SNOT bricks is brilliant! :wub: Not sure about that enderman though...

That's a Wither Skeleton. I probably should have included a stone sword with it to avoid confusion.

It's just a picture. Strangely I haven't been able to find any pictures or videos from the LEGO booth aside from that one. Supposedly they're showing off Steve, Creeper, and Spider prototypes. I'm assuming the Steve and Spider prototypes will be posted to their FB page soon, as the Creeper ones are already there.

Here's my video from MineCon:

And some of my pictures:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mwhuffman/sets/72157637323608844/

with instructions on how to build Steve.

--Mike.

Edited by Michael Huffman

I prefer number 1. xxlrocka, is there any specific reason you chose 5? It's probably the least accurate.

5 looks fat

I prefer 4 or 1