Sign in to follow this  
Endgame

Heroica RPG - Quest #86: Gaiden

~This Quest is for chosen heroes only. If you would like to learn how to join, please refer to the

Rules & FAQ topics.~

ejSR9xr.png

Three heroes, chosen by their eccentric employer, follow the directions on the posted quest sheet. Shuffling through crowds of people as they go through Eubric, they watch the sun rise above the horizon. Even in the morning, the city was bustling; Eubric truly was The City that Never Sleeps. Before long, the three heroes reach Storefront avenue, searching for their slightly deranged employer. Those three heroes were...

skrall_avatar.jpg

Skrall (Waterbrick Down)

80 year old Male Ogre Hunter

Level 31.5 *Favors Ancient and Rock enemies* *Immune to Fragile, Blinded, and Confused* *Gains 3x experience*

Power Bonus: +2 WP

Defense: 8

Health: 45/45

Gold: 38

Equipment: Hunter's Crossbow (WP:12/24 vs. Beasts, fire, ice, wind, and darkness-elemental), Hunter's Quiver (Bows and Crossbows +2WP, allows Hunters to favor two types of enemies, back wear), Tricorne (SP: 3, head wear), Heavy Armor (SP: 5, wearer is immune to fragile, blind, and confused effects, body wear), Medal of Glory (Wearer gains 3x experience from fights, accessory)

Inventory: Composite Bow (WP:12, ignores SP, light, lightning, water, wood, and earth-elemental; bow), Wooden Shield (SP:5), Lucky Doubloon (Grants "Special Guard"), 9x Smoke Bomb, 2 Dirt Bombs, Fire Bomb, 5 Water Bombs, Lightning Bomb, Minimizing Dust, 4x Bone, 6x Venoms, 2x Deadly Venoms, Potion, 2 Grand Potions, Phoenix Essence, 6 Phoenix Incenses, Smelling Salts, 5x Meads, 2 Nostrums, 2x Titan Heart (Grants encouraged- and inspired-effects when consumed), 1 Deluxe Skeleton

karie_syndicate.jpgKarie Alderflask

Level 19 Witch

Power: 30

Defense: 2

Health: 33/33

Ether: 25/25

Gold: 22

Equipment: Oculoid Palm (WP: 11, Whip, successful hits lowers the target's level. Coils around the user's arm and mimics a tattoo outside of battle.) by 1. Ethereal Cloak (SP +2, Max. Ether +4),Catsuit (Wearer has 1/3 chance to completely avoid rolls of COUNTER and DAMAGE and Free Hits; suitable to women only; bodywear)

Inventory: Mead (1),Nostrum (1), Remedies (3), Venom (7), Smoke bomb (1), Pixie Dust (1),Telescope (1), Bedroll (1), Grand Tonic (4), Potion (1), Military Grade Light Bomb (1), Military Grade Darkness Bomb (1), Pumpkin Bomb (2) (causes stunned, poisoned, asleep, blinded, sealed, and confused to all opponents when used.)

Quest Items: Entry 11, Map of Brendenton (1), Spider Coin (worth 1 gp), Forest Journal

Aretefacts/Weapons: Heirloom Dagger (WP: 3), Scroll of Newtity (costs 10 ether)(usable by ex-Amphibians only), Scroll of Frailty (Costs 1 ether, causes fragile effect to target for three rounds), Scroll of Blindness (cost 1 ether, target is blinded for three rounds) Lover's Locket (Accessory, Protects from enamouredeffect), Trickster's Mask of the Elf (Accessory, changes user's appearance into an Elf) Sexy (WP: 8, Rapier, Disregards SP, usable by Knights and Rogues), Paper Doll (Accesory, prevents Hexing), Rusty Dagger (WP:2 - Deals the Badly Poisoned Effect, Breaks After 3 Uses)

Gemstones: (None at this time)

Screen_Shot_2013_10_31_at_5_19_51_PM.png

(Cryos)

?? year old Male Human Barbarian

Level 1

Power: 4

Health: 8/8

Gold: 5

Equipment: Starter Halberd WP:3

Inventory: Bottle of Mead, Potion x2

The trio's gaze darts around, looking for their employers distinctive garbs. They look around the street, looking up and down the rows of stores - before finally spotting him. He lingers in front of a gurgling fountain, a large corseque in hand... Although the party swears he wasn't there a minute prior.

cLLBp2y.png

Octavyn locks eyes with the party, waving them over. The party walks towards him, the Syndicate Admin sitting down casually at the edge of the fountain, leaning back on the shield-bearing statue. He speaks in a freindly tone, as happy as ever.

PDNmfNS.png

"Hello there, folks! Looks like you guys were a few minutes earlier here then I was, heh."

QM Note: Hello there, and welcome to Quest 86! :classic: You all have 24 hours to confirm.

Baradock's eyes perk up as he finally sets eyes on his golden quest-giver. He gave a warm nod in Octavyn's direction, but takes no time to detach from the group. He wasn't...Good in conversations.

Only a few meters away he surveys the area. How blissful and care-free the people of Eubric are, yet he was still close enough to listen in. He slightly doubted his ability when compared to two veteran hero's, especially Skrall. What a lost cause, he thought. Shaking his head.

OoC: I confirm! Edit: Also, if you want to use the picture in my sig, the one your using right now in comparison is huge!

Edited by Cryos

Karie walks up to the group, her black and white cat slowly trailing behind her, more preoccupied with other things. She looks at the fountain with a mish-mashed look of both nostalgia and regret. What happened that night with the crew... spiralled into so much... everything, really.

"Morning to you, Admin. Or is it Octavyn, since technically this isn't the same as the payroll I get with you guys? (as little as that is...)"

She notices the barbarian loafing about the perimeter of the fountain. A newbie. She remembered when she was classified as a newbie. Good times...

Wait, no they weren't!

"Oi! Barbarian! What're you doing over there! You looking to catch a cold!"

Karie had finally realized how much of a godsend the Syndicate uniform really was. It was warm, and it kept heat in. Her sweater was comfy too, but not as insulated as this blue beast of fabric. That and it was decent at keeping her figure relatively hidden. Her mask was folded and tucked into her bet, the black meshing staring into oblivion. Karie taps her foot, her boots making a thumping noise on the dirt, confirming her existence in the universe.

Baradock slowly craned his neck so that he could see Karie from the corner of his eye. A witch.

Baradock gives a nod in false admiration. Witches weren't paraded in Konotar, quite the opposite. He turned back around and sighed under his breath.

Great, a ogre that fancies a bow. and a witch. He continued mulling around awaiting some kind of debrief.

OoC: I'll be at a conference all day tomorrow so I'll be on very minimally, however that is my only planned absence for the next few weeks so I'll be back up to normal speed after that.

Skrall strode forward addressing Octavyn, "We do try an' be punctual. Octavyn I presume?"

The ogre observed the goings on between the Syndicate admin and Karie. He had seen the young woman in the hall before, but hadn't had any real interactions with her yet. Apparently the two knew each other or had worked together or something. The third member of the party was still hanging toward the back of the group, though Skrall paid him little mind for the time being.

"Right, so apparently ya called us here about some light house wailin's? Seems like somethin' I'd be expectin' the Town Watch or Bonapartes to be attendin' to."

Edited by Waterbrick Down

Octavyn gives a nod in Baradock's direction.

PDNmfNS.png

"Hey, no need to linger in the back! We're all friends here."

He turns his attention to the other tow members of the party.

"Admin, Octavyn, whichever you prefer! I'm not formal, nor am I the one who fills out your payroll - as small as it may be. That job falls to the bossman.

The Town Watch has their plate full with the Wolfgang in the hovels, and with their family broken, the Bonapartes are currently only dealing with the larger tasks - the complaints of a few people in the Hovels are of little importance to them. Thus, The Syndicate has to take care of this one."

Octavyn has a passing look of sheepishness.

"Or, well, at least, I have to. You see, the witness that we have to contact for this one is a special case."

Edited by Endgame

"Octavyn, is everything alright? Who's this "special case" we need to contact?"

Karie feels more than a little concerned. She hoped her suspicions were wrong.

PDNmfNS.png

"Yes, perfectly fine! The witness, the one who has reported hearing these wailings in greatest detail... Well, he's my brother.

It's just... We haven't had the most table sibling relationship lately."

Octavyn looks down at his feet, for the first time mentioning the sensitive subject in a long while.

Edited by Endgame

"Contrary to popular belief, seems like most people don't get along too well with their own family," Skrall shrugged.

Edited by Waterbrick Down

Karie ponders herself her own family relations.

Who the hell is my family?

"Octavyn, you may have some issues with your brother, but you need to put those aside, at least for a little while. What's your issue with him, anyways?"

Octavyn harumphs.

PDNmfNS.png

"We used to get along just fine. We keep our distance nowadays, despite living 15 minutes away... At least I get to spend time with my niece, so hey, something to be thankful for.

Karie, I have no issue with him. However, he has issue with me, that's for damn sure."

Octavyn switches to a more professional demeanor, seemingly unhappy about having to confront his brother within the next hour or two.

"Now, the witness's house is located just outside the Hovels wall. The quickest way to there from here to here is going through the Luminous Passage of Triad Park. After that, its only a couple of minutes until we reach our destination.

Of course... When we get what we need to locate the source of whatever's screaming its head off near the lighthouse, we can probably expect a battle or two. I'll be accompanying you the whole way through this journey. Can't actually call for back-up when you're not going yourself, right? It's been a while since I've been able to operate in broad daylight like this, heh."

Syndicate Admin Octavyn has joined the party!

PDNmfNS.png "Onwards!"

Octavyn Scelin, Level 30 Rogue

HP: 39/39

SP: 5

Power Bonus: 4

Gold: 50

Equipment: Octavyn's Corseque (WP: 13), Syndicate Cape (SP: 4, Backwear), Sticky Gloves (Handwear), Golden Headwear (+4 power, immunity to Fragile and Blindness)

Inventory: Nostrum, Neutralizer, Ambrosia, Grand Potion, Red Phosphorous Grenade x3, Dozing Syringes x3

Karie doesn't remember Octavyn being this storng on their last encounter... Perhaps he had been training up.

PDNmfNS.png

"Now, any other questions?"

Edited by Endgame

"Nope, I'm ready to head out. However, those grenades and syringes, mind if I see them?"

OOC: I just want the stats of them so we know what Octavyn's items do.

PDNmfNS.png

"Ah, sure."

Octavyn reaches into the pockets of his uniforms, pulling out a grenade and a syringe.

"I used this one..."

Dozing Syringe: Can be used on an enemy to make them fall Asleep.

"...On Nevron back at the Albatross. Oh, and this one..."

Red Phosphorous Grenade: A smoke grenade made to ensnare enemy forces rather then flee the scene. When thrown, all enemies have a 1/3 chance of becoming Confused for 3 rounds.

"...Was used to psuedo-kidnap you.

...That sounds really odd in retrospect, huh?"

Baradock finally joins with the rest of the party. His heart temporarily dropping when he wrapped his head around the fact that he' about to start his first quest.

Especially when he was so unskilled in combat comparatively to the rest of the group. But nonetheless he was ready to go.

"Eh, I've heard odder. Try being a newt for a god fifteen minutes. Awkwardness abound, for sure."

It seemed so mundane now, but she still couldn't shake the fact she was an oversized newt. It was still absurd, and no one'd probably believe her neither, but maybe that was a pro and not a con. Labelling yourself as "ex-newt" isn't a selling point.

Octavyn lights up, his carefree attitude coming back to him.

PDNmfNS.png

"Huh! Guess magic really is progressing, huh? You're a Witch, right? Think you'll ever be able to master stuff like that?"

Karie pats herself down until she finds her scrolls, looking at each of them until she finds the right one, her Scroll of Newtity, and unfurls it, holding one end of it and letting gravity take over a bit of a wicked smirk crawling across her face.

"Shall we find out?"

Baradock takes a cautious few steps back,

seeing a cryptic scroll unravel in Karie's hands not knowing what kind of witch craft may occur.

Edited by Cryos

PDNmfNS.png

"Heh! Bravo! But seriously, careful where you point that thing. Always figured you wanted to see Masson in the newt, but not me..." Octavyn chuckles.

Karie winds the scroll back up, giggling.

"No need to fret. I've got enough sense to know where and when to use this."

She notices the barbarian back away. Oh great, it's Thothwick all over again.

"Look, barbarian, I want you to tell me right now, do you got anything against me for being an awful, nasty witch, or are you going to be a two faced idiot and keep it to yourself? I'd like to know now in order to avoid any potential friction between us."

The words "awful, nasty witch" were stressed enough to show Karie was being sarcastic. However, her question to the barbarian wasn't.

Baradock was taken aback by this question. She must have used some spell on him to read his thoughts! She could have planted a demon in his soul, or maybe shorten his life span, or-

He gave Karie this look. But that was enough to say it all.

PDNmfNS.png

"So much for "all being friends here"..." Octavyn mutters.

"You don't say much, huh, Baradock?"

Karie gives Baradok a look of unease.

"Sheesh, you can stop staring. What's everyone's beef with witches around here, are they all a bunch of old hags sitting around a cauldron in their covens? Sheesh."

Baradock turned to Octavyn giving a mellow if not slightly annoyed 'hmphm'.

Turning on his heel Baradock abruptly removed himself from the conversation once more.

This witch was different from the stories they told in Konatar. If not a bit pleasant. But it's probably one of their many deceptive illusions. He would have to sleep with one eye open...

Edited by Cryos

Octavyn shrugs and sighs.

PDNmfNS.png

"Well, if you two have finished exchanging pleasantries, then..."

Just as Octavyn was beginning to lead the way to Luminous Passage, he glances over his shoulder, looking down the avenue. Amidst the stalls and the shoppers he picks out one similarly clad gentleman walking towards the group: wearing purple.

ZnjQKLC.png

His cape billows behind him, a formidable sword in hand. he has a rather sophisticated sheath attached to his waist, his cape concealing the odd mechanism. he was clad in head to toe in flexible garbs, his body armed and his face obscured by black mesh. He carries an authoritative air with him, clearly not one to trifle with. Despite this, he lacks that certain chilling air and edge he had when Heroica first met him - he was clearly a more relaxed a trusting person now, if not even more proficient in battle then he was before. He was clearly more professional when he had the mask, a far cry from the awkward lover he was just a few hours prior.

He raises an eyebrow at the small gathering of heroes and his right hand man.

FHwqAlg.png

"Octavyn, what is this?"

PDNmfNS.png

"Just... Just going through our report backlogs, boss."

Masson seems skeptical.

FHwqAlg.png

"Hmm..."