Sign in to follow this  
Zane

Doctor Who Series 3

Is it USS Valiant? I would have thought HMS.

Hmm, dunno. I just assumed USS. I'm not sure it was specified in the episode, actually, so I'm not sure where I got that idea from.

That means the 'Toclafane' could be anything, even Daleks. I doubt it, but you know what I mean.

Y'know, that was a thought that crossed my mind. It's certainly possible. What's interesting is that The Master said their identity would "break The Doctor's hearts."

Don't take all the credit X-D :-D

Wouldn't dream of it. ;-)

Did anyone see that bearded bloke in the trailer who was running about with Martha. Wonder who he is.

That's one thing that fueled my suggestions about the Paradox Machine. Perhaps he's one of the 'last vestiges of humanity,' who're holding out against The Master and the Toclafane (or whoever they are).

Well that episode was a bit of a suprise, but a bloody great episode. As for the Toclafane I have two theories. The Master was around during the Time War so they could be "new Daleks" as UltraPrime suggested, that The Master somehow made or was given. Or they could contain the souls (or something along those lines) of the entire Time Lord race after all the orbs seem to appear from the Rift. So perhaps they are Daleks from a different dimension.

Either way it would break the Doctor's heart.

The Valiant is a UNIT craft so it wouldn't have a USS or HMS title before the name.

I don't know about everybody else but I can't stop tapping my fingers all the time to the drums of war.

I hope Utopia is part of finale. That is a plot line just hanging at the moment.

Aye the final episode of the series is next saturday so it's a rather epic three parter finale. Exciting, eh?

Edited by Eothein

Or they could contain the souls (or something along those lines) of the entire Time Lord race after all the orbs seem to appear from the Rift. So perhaps they are Daleks from a different dimension.

That was another thought I had. But then, why would they be killing everyone?

Either way it would break the Doctor's heart.

Hearts ;-)

The Valiant is a UNIT craft so it wouldn't have a USS or HMS title before the name.

And it occured to me that if it was either, it would be HMS because it was designed by Saxon in his role as Minister of Defense. But yeah, it would be neither being a neutral territory in international airspace under the control of UNIT. That's another thing- it's always good to see UNIT, and nice to know they haven't been forgotten.

Exciting, eh?

Huh, yeah!

That was another thought I had. But then, why would they be killing everyone?

Hearts ;-)

And it occured to me that if it was either, it would be HMS because it was designed by Saxon in his role as Minister of Defense. But yeah, it would be neither being a neutral territory in international airspace under the control of UNIT. That's another thing- it's always good to see UNIT, and nice to know they haven't been forgotten.

Huh, yeah!

I'm in doubt that the orbs contain any form of Time Lords now since I don't recall there being 6 billion of them. Although in terms of them attacking innocents they could either be under The Master's hypnosis or they have been tortured beyond any recognition of what good they used to do, ala Anakin Skywalker. I'm going more towards them being nu-Dalek type of beings.

Hearts ;-) Bloody Doctor and his silly anatomy.

Hopefully UNIT will make some form of intervention against The Master next epsisode. I'm just disappointed about Torchwood being up a hill in the Himalayas unable to help out. Surely they would have heard about the first contact with the aliens and been rushing to play a part in it?

I think we will have a Davros episode next year. Its the only way to bring them back in force, and RTD said he plans on bringing another Who icon back.

I'm just disappointed about Torchwood being up a hill in the Himalayas unable to help out. Surely they would have heard about the first contact with the aliens and been rushing to play a part in it?

Unless, of course, they're in such a remote place thet they haven't picked up any messages.

I think we will have a Davros episode next year.

Oh, God I hope so. Davros is great, especially in his first appearance 'Genesis of the Daleks.' My dad remembers seeing the end of part 1 where we just see Davros for a few seconds, and everyone thinks "Who's that? He's half-Dalek!"

and RTD said he plans on bringing another Who icon back.

Well, let's face it, the 'biggies' are Davros, the Sontarans, the Ice Warriors, the Silurians and the Sea Devils.

Well, let's face it, the 'biggies' are Davros, the Sontarans, the Ice Warriors, the Silurians and the Sea Devils.

The Rani, perhaps?

Romana? (good, but still an icon)

Wouldn't suprise me at either of those two, what with all the romantic tension / love story stuff of the new ones.

The Rani, perhaps?

Romana? (good, but still an icon)

And with the Master revealed to have survived the Time War, the possibilities of otheres are there. Perhaps The Monk/Time Meddler, Rassilon or Omega. I, for one, would love to see Romana back.

Oh, just thought, the Zygons!

Or, perhaps the Jagaroth, Sil, the Menoptra or the Zarbi... ;-) :-D

Edited by Brainbox

Y'know what'd be cool? A cliffhanger series ending. The Master could win in tonight's episode, and he could force the Doctor to flee. That could set up series four, with the Doctor trying to find the Master but at the same time fighting other aliens/monsters while trying to get to him.

'Course, that wouldn't be the whole of series 4... or would it?

TK

I doiubt it - RTD generally tries to keep things so you don't need to know much to keep up with an episode.

Plus you have the Christmas special, which will have to stand up on its own.

I'm not going to speculate too much about tonight's episode, but Ithink the line "I'm not here to kill him, I'm here to save him" from last week will prove significant.

Don't you think the BBC have been exceptionally good this year? There are no spoilers anywhere for this ep (yeah, I know, shouldn't really be looking lol).

sorry I forgot about this topic so I havent posted in ages hope you all forgive me! ;-)

I watched that last episode on BBC3 yesterday again and I cant wait till tonights. I liked the way they showed you Galifrey in the last one and it looked really good especially with the time thing they had to look into. Was the kided who looked in the doctor or the master?

I really like John Simm playing the master aswell. I really liked him in life on mars and he is great in doctor who being both insane but funny at the same line. It was hilarious when he was watching the teletubbies! :-D

I also wondered about how the master said if he told the doctor who the balls where that it would break his hearts. Could they be time Lords? (probably not :-P )

I hope tonights is great! ;-)

( I also really liked Martha's driving skills! :-) )

I watched that last episode on BBC3 yesterday again and I cant wait till tonights. I liked the way they showed you Galifrey in the last one and it looked really good especially with the time thing they had to look into. Was the kided who looked in the doctor or the master?

Master. He looked into it and went mad... though I'm thinking the creatures may've spoken to him through it, setting things in motion long ago.

I also wondered about how the master said if he told the doctor who the balls where that it would break his hearts. Could they be time Lords? (probably not tong.gif )

I thought so too, though he seemed genuinely disturbed at the news that their planet was gone.

All I know is it better not be the freaking Daleks again. Christ.

Y'know what'd be cool? A cliffhanger series ending. The Master could win in tonight's episode, and he could force the Doctor to flee.
Don't you think the BBC have been exceptionally good this year? There are no spoilers anywhere for this ep (yeah, I know, shouldn't really be looking lol).

Actually, I could've sworn I heard months ago that it was Martha he'd be spending episodes in series 4 trying to save.

AMAZING EPISODE! :-D really good how the balls where the people onboard the utopia flight yet I seemed a little disapointed for some reason dont know why!

JACK IS THE FACE OF BOE! :-D That was umbelievably funny! :-D

plus the fact that the masters wife picked up his watch thing at the end, A later episode perhaps?

That Titanic one looks really good and I haven't even seen a trailer!

over all great ending! (especially the face of Boe!)

Aye, brill ep, the whole Jack/Boe thing was brilliant, I thought...

So, perhaps the Sun were right about Martha leaving... perhaps the Doctor will wait, and he'll never get the call, and it'll seem like years to him, whereas to Martha it'd be just days... and maybe he'll get bored, and find someone else. Or maybe he'll get lost trying to come back for her; for example if Earth was under attack and she called him, and he tried to come back, but ended up somewhere else, which could lead to this:

Actually, I could've sworn I heard months ago that it was Martha he'd be spending episodes in series 4 trying to save.

Which, incidentally, I also heard.

TK

Fantastic episode. Simply genius setting it a year after the last one... also genius having the future humans in the spheres - plenty of clues last week, should have seen that coming.

I love the 900 year old Doctor - remind anyone of the Mecon from Dan Dare (if anyone remembers that)? Or even a little of another 900 year old alien?

The end bit where someone (presumably his wife) picks up the Master's ring was interesting. I don't think we've seen the last of the Master. It also makes the Master even cleverer than the Doctor realises, and her shooting him wasn't an act of revenge, but an escape plan!

Could Jack be the Face of Boe? I wouldn't read too much into it, but it makes a lot of sense. Would explain why he would have come to see the end of the world, and why he would know the Doctor was not alone. I hope we'll see Jack again. He could become a sort of Brigadier figure, and I could make occasional appearances as part of Torchwood for the next few years. They've now explained that he will age, but very slowly, so he can appear in present day crossovers for the next few years, and then he could run in to the Doctor at various points in the far flung future. It would be very cool, if the series was still running in twenty years time, to have them run into Jack a million years in the future, by which time he only looks like he's in his fifties. Oh, and let's not forget, he's got two uses of his time bracelet left, which gives him an excuse to show up when he's really needed.

So Martha has left the Doctor... or has she? I'm nearly certain that it's been publicly stated that she's contracted for next series, so I think she'll be back. Question is will she call him, or will he come looking for her first? I suspect the Doctor will be on his own for the Christmas special, so maybe he gets the call at the end of the episode.

Or maybe Martha will fall foul of one of the Doctor's enemies and the Doctor will have to rescue her. But who on Earth knows about the Doctor and Martha and has reason to want to get back at them? What about Mrs Master? It doesn't seem quite the Master's style to need a companion, let alone a wife, so is there more to her? What if the ring is a backup device that allows him to download himself and take over her body? That could make a really cool two parter and a way for her to reenter the show.

I think their relationship will be different when she does return, though. The Doctor knows he hasn't treated her as well as he should have. He also knows she's walked the Earth for a year for him, and saved him, the Earth, and all the other civilisations the Master was intending to wage war upon.

This has been one of the best series of Doctor Who, old or new. Some of the earlier episodes may have been a little weak, but I believe the last six episodes are all among the best the show has ever produced.

Now, I really can't wait for the Christmas special, and for the next series.

By the way, did anyone see the Doctor Who special of The Weakest Link?

Apart from the rumour that the Master was in the series finale. Which obviously turned out to be true.

I really liked him in life on mars

That was such a great programme, wasn't it?

I thought so too, though he seemed genuinely disturbed at the news that their planet was gone.

For the first time, the Master was shown as truly mad, and I mean absolutely, completely bonkers. Which was worsened by hearing of the destruction of Gallifrey. I mean, keeping the Doctor as a pet.

really good how the balls where the people onboard the utopia flight yet I seemed a little disapointed for some reason dont know why!

And did you notice how they looked just ever-so-slightly Davros-like? And of course it broke his hearts because they were humans- a race the Doctor has had an affinity with over the years.

So, perhaps the Sun were right about Martha leaving...

In the Radio Times, she categorically denied that she was leaving. So, she'll probably return sometime.

Unfortunately I missed it on Saturday, we had a power-cut. |-/ Some tree roots in the underground lines, apparantly. So I watched it last night.

So overall, 'Last of the Time Lords' was a great episode. Not quite as overly dramatic and explosive as the past two series finales, but still brilliant. It had a lot more emotion. And it's the Master. It was great how they surprised us with so many things. The Toclafane were Utopia human, Jack is the Face of Boe (that is so great), and Martha's given up permanent travel. It was good how the Doctor just acknowledged it in his usual way, knowing that he'd perhaps not treated her that well, and thrust a lot upon her. I don't think any of us saw those coming, especially the Jack one. And the Axons and the Sea Devils got a mention. That made me smile. And I guess I was half-right about the Paradox Machine.

It was fitting for the Master to die, even though we've lost one of the best villains of the series. But has he gone for good? Because who picked up his ring? But he finally won in the only way he knew how- he made the Doctor alone again. That was so good. It also seems to suggest that regeneration doesn't occur automatically, but need to be wanted. Hmm...

And I've just read on the official website that 'Toclafane' translates roughly in French as 'fool the fan.' :-D

"The drumming. The never ending drumbeat. Ever since I was a child...when I looked into the vortex...that's when they chose me. The drumming. The call...to war."

Christmas looks interesting. The Titanic must've struck the TARDIS with some force in order to break both the interior and exterior shells. And the link to last series end was unmistakable- "what?"

And of course Jack's back with Torchwood, just in time for Series 2.

It's been a great series. Macra, Daleks, the Master. And it's all tied together. How good is that?

Roll on Series 4!

Martha will be in S4, but will be Earth-bound, as she will also turn up in Torchwood from time to time. The Doctor will get another full-time companion.

BBC has announced full-time companion for Series 4.

And it is.... Donna Noble (Catherine Tate)!!!

I actually liked her, but I know a few people banging their heads against wall right now.

I actually liked her, but I know a few people banging their heads against wall right now.

Count me in as one of them.... that might explain the "What??? What??? What???" connection for the Chistmas episode though.

Oh great :-| Cant say im happy about her being added to the show.

Martha will be in S4, but will be Earth-bound, as she will also turn up in Torchwood from time to time.

Three episodes of Torchwood, according to the BBC.

oh and what the hell happened to the cage he was in before becoming younger again??? *wacko*

Well, if he tuned himself in to the matrices of the Archangel network, perhaps he managed to do the same to the cage. It took him a year to do it to himself, but maybe once he knew how, he could do it easily. Or perhaps the energy of thought and such 'wished' the cage away.

Interesting. Wasn't expecting that. No, I don't mind that. My mum says that she'd have preferred a male companion, though.