Gijserman

Fantastic new Roller Coaster with new track system

Hello there!

We just finished filming our new roller coaster. We're very happy with the result!

I'll post some 'how we did it' videos or images in the near future.

What do you think??

Cheers!

Amazing! I'm guessing your track system has more friction than the new coastedynamix one, causing the cart to go a bit slower (which seems more realistic to me).

One of the most realistic Lego roller coasters I have ever seen.

The clicking of the chains reminds me of the real thing :sweet::thumbup:

Fantastic! It looks and sounds just right. Are you going to add more cars to it? Will you be showing it to the public at any events? This would make a spectacular centerpiece to any show.

I shudder to think what your budget must have been - black may be relatively cheap but that's an awful lot of beams and pin joiners!

Amazing! I'm guessing your track system has more friction than the new coastedynamix one, causing the cart to go a bit slower (which seems more realistic to me).

Thanks! I think it does have more friction, but it's also a lot bigger. I think that matters too. But unlike Coasterdynamix, this one is 100% lego :laugh:

Fantastic! It looks and sounds just right. Are you going to add more cars to it? Will you be showing it to the public at any events? This would make a spectacular centerpiece to any show.

I shudder to think what your budget must have been - black may be relatively cheap but that's an awful lot of beams and pin joiners!

We don't have any plans for events, but I would like to. We'll see :classic: As for the budget: yes we spent quite some money, but it's all worth it!

This is awesome. Fit a GoPro to the cart for a first person ride a long?

I have a small camera, but at these speeds the image tends to get all blurry.. I'll see what I can do on the next track (we broke this one down as it occupied a lot of space)

Might work with a normal camera but i think a action camera would be better for this :) Ooo, madness to break it down! I would move my couch to have space for it :laugh:

That is awesome. One of the best Lego coasters I have ever seen. I would love to hear more details about the build process, and how you made the track.

This is the best lego rollercoaster yet! Only one thing......needs more cars to make a train. Awesome work though man :thumbup:

Nicely done. Do you find that adding extra weight to the car like a camera totally changes the dynamics of the coaster?

How do you keep the car on the track?

There are 4 bars under the track that keep it from falling off (4 x part 85940 to be exact)

F-A-N-T-A-S-T-I-C !

Those are lego train wheels, right?

What is holding the rollercoaster car from below, so that it doesn't lift from the tracks?

There are 4 bars under the track that keep it from falling off (4 x part 85940 to be exact)

@le60head... Your answer was five posts up! :wink:

Edited by Kronos

WOW just wow. :wub:

I would love to see some more detail pics as le60head mentioned above, especially of the car.

Amazing project guys! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: