Artizan

[Cuusoo] Age of Empires II

Support this Project on Lego Ideas!

Update 31.10.2013:

-Added Archery Range, which includes archer, crossbowman, arbalest, skirmisher and elite skirmisher

Hello everyone, I have recreated the town center model from the Age of Empires 2 game, with two villagers and a scout cavalry included, also with a farm and gold mine. I am planning to do more stuff from AoE2, such as barracks, archery range and stables. It is based on the Eastern European building style from the game(actually eastern and western european styles are almost the same, save for some details and color differences).

I hope you will enjoy the Mocs and please feel free to leave comments and criticism.

(Click the picture for flickr)

10525799833_708d7cc236_c.jpg

10744504386_52bf218fb1_c.jpg

10931163346_8d62466827_c.jpg

10564093405_8c0a40a256_c.jpg

10594510843_0da12a472d_c.jpg

10623244445_695bb6a108_c.jpg

10695231943_f79c76a735_c.jpg

Support this Project on Lego Ideas!

Edited by Artizan

This is great - can't wait to see more! I think you caught the general feel of the building very well though there should probably be 3 villagers :wink: The farm and gold mine are really nice.

In general I think the only truly distinct buildings for each style are wonders and castles. The eastern European castle was always my favorite :classic:

This is lovely. It would make for a fantastic set, and is a great template for medieval or Middle-Earth buildings. Looking forward to seeing more! Keep up the great work.

Very well done and instantly recognizable. :thumbup: Keep 'em coming! Will all of the builds be from the Castle Age?

It would be so awsome to play AoE in real with LEGO buildings and figs or just in a LEGO AoE =D

Nice. I'd like to see it in real bricks.

On a semi-related note, I think someone(s) did up a large AoE display for a convention. I'd like to see the pictures if anyone has them...

Steve

After you build this up to a couple sets you should put it on Cuusoo, AOE still has a pretty large fan base.

By the way, I like it, simple but very distinct.

Edited by MCNwakeboard

I notice you said you plan on recreating more of the other buildings, but will you try to build more based on location? (Persians, the Asian Civilizations, and the South American ones, added in the mod)

Hey, thanks everyone. I am planning to create buildings mainly based on eastern european ones from castle age.

After you build this up to a couple sets you should put it on Cuusoo, AOE still has a pretty large fan base.

I agree. An Age of Empires set would be really cool, especially if gameplay elements could be incorporated into it.

Oh man, I really played this game until I couldn't stand it anymore! So I really love this town center, it just looks like it's right from the game! As for Eastern European builindgs, is there any source you could share?

Hey, not really I just look it up on Google. Anyway, here is the second building, the Barracks along with some men-at-arms and pikemen:

10564093405_8c0a40a256_c.jpg

Nice job. AoE II got me into strategy games, I probably wouldn't've gotten AoE III if I could still find the disc. :laugh: The buildings are instantly recognizable, to me.

This two mocs are awesome, I really like them and the remind me on my teenage decade, I have spend hours playing this game.

It is a really good source of insperation you have selected.

Thumbs up!

Oh man, i have to start playing this game again, seems like a cool source of inspiration, great second installment, keep them coming!

Just started playing Age of Kings again recently. It's fantastic and is one of the only things that has a chance of keeping me away from Eurobricks. Really simple compared to modern strategy games, but still just awesome. Some of the mods they're coming up with are really great as well, like Age of Chivalry. Tales of Middle Earth should be fantastic when it's finished. :sweet:

That Town Centre and Barracks really are instantly recognizable, but you'll definitely have to add another villager. :tongue:

Instead of having two pikemen and three swordsmen with the Barracks, you could have a spearman and a pikeman, a militiaman, a longswordsman, and a champion. :grin:

No Way! this is so great, so stunningly close to the game that I'm just swimming in a sea of awesome memories, just can't find the discs with the game though ....

are you planning to do any of this in real bricks? I think it would be beyound awesome!