niteangel

MOC - Airborne Rally Group

Hi everyone, it has been some time since I posted here. Finally I managed to complete this MOC. When I first saw 60025, I thought it was too sloppy and modified it to make the Octan Audi R18 LMP. Here with 60027, the same appeared to me. Monster truck? The truck was too weak too, so how about something even more interesting?

Airborne Spoilers is now a rally group, let's take a look!

20131027-01.jpg

Indeed it is quite long! Let's first look at the support jeep!

"Hey man, don't take the tools again without letting me know!" "C'mon!"

20131027-02.jpg

The back of the jeep. It is based on the nice fire captain car, but one layer of brick raised. You know rally tracks are all bumpy and sandy...

20131027-03.jpg

Second is the truck. It is not just a trailer truck, but also a truck with a little lifting crane!

20131027-04.jpg

20131027-05.jpg

The arm is perfect for maintenance and repair of the rally cars, but seriously it cannot do something too heavy, but these guys say "enough for now"!

20131027-06.jpg

The final car is of course the rally star, the rally truck! The 6-wheel machine has no problem at all racing through the dessert or wet swamp area. I was planning to put on a lot of sponsor stickers, but I believe it is better to leave it this way... what do you think?

20131027-07.jpg

"Hey don't move yet! Something to fix at the hood still!"

"I can't wait, quick!"

20131027-08.jpg

Well, the star racer is probably too excited, and the rally truck is not enough for him. He also has his rally bike! Gosh, he is too hyperactive!

20131027-09.jpg

When the race is over, when the guys are all packed up, someone probably smells it... "a race going on here?"

20131027-10.jpg

An overview of my MOC based on 60025 and 60027. All my racing crews are here! :)

20131027-11.jpg

Let me know what you think!

Edited by niteangel

Thanks thanks. The crane is usually used for lifting parts and materials. I believe it is not really for dragging the rally truck into the trailer... :P

This is great!! I would have definitely bought this as a kid (when I was more into the racing cars etc). I particularly like the transportation truck and the maintenance arm is lovely touch :classic:

Fantastic work and happy building :laugh:

A great MOC. The only thing that's bothering me is that (in my opinion) the red color seems to take hold too much- especially on the race truck- too monochromatic. I think it's missing some stickers. have a look at this:

796377-13586543-640-360.jpg

Yes, I know it's not the same but you get my point.

Another way to go is to maybe add some small (black?) service doors on the side of the truck, to "break" the overbearing red.

It's still a great MOC, mind.

:thumbup:

Thanks everyone!

A great MOC. The only thing that's bothering me is that (in my opinion) the red color seems to take hold too much- especially on the race truck- too monochromatic. I think it's missing some stickers. have a look at this:

796377-13586543-640-360.jpg

Yes, I know it's not the same but you get my point.

Another way to go is to maybe add some small (black?) service doors on the side of the truck, to "break" the overbearing red.

It's still a great MOC, mind.

:thumbup:

I must agree with you, as I was also dealing with that part. You probably understand why there is no sticker XD (because we all know that it is best to avoid). Instead, perhaps I will do some patterns over the body, and see how it goes. I will post it up again if I succeed! :)

I must agree with you, as I was also dealing with that part. You probably understand why there is no sticker XD (because we all know that it is best to avoid). Instead, perhaps I will do some patterns over the body, and see how it goes. I will post it up again if I succeed! :)

Looking forward to your updates...

:-)

I really like what you've done with this. The offroad racing truck is brilliantly built, and I love the colour scheme. I agree that it would look much better (and much more realistic) with some stickers, but that doesn't detract from the fact that you've done some great design work here. I would buy this as a set.

I will have to agree that you have done an excellent job to create such a nice rally racing group on rough terrains. I like your presentation on illustrating every playable feature in this vehicular set! I also like on how you presented the team colour schema on your creation. Thank you for sharing.

I love what you've done with this team! I don't watch much racing, but off-road is a favorite, especially when it's those mammoth trucks. Definitely some great inspiration, well done :classic: