Sign in to follow this  
2maxwell

Iroquois War Party

Hey everyone, I've been interested in Indians of the Northern US and Old Northwest for a while now. After a fair bit of research, I decided to try to put together a purist Iroquois war party.

10499007586_2d86f299e7_c.jpg

Things I'm still trying to get right:

How to make a ball head warclub.

How to make a gustoweh. I've been using the red head wraps but they dont carry the same sense of gravitas as those worn by Thayendanegea or Teyoninhokovrawen.

Edited by 2maxwell

These are some lovely minifigs. They look so good, they remind me of the brilliant metal figures produced by the Perry twins. Only in tiny plastic form. I might change all the faces to be consistent, but otherwise, I'll be copying them soon. Great stuff.

Thanks everybody! Do you guys have any suggestions for other heads or torsos that could be used? I might be looking to expand this war party in the future.

I like the one in the Redshirt jacket. It makes it seem like they scavenge for clothes and other things.

Actually, uniform parts were often traded for with the colonists and local soldiers.

By the way, is the gold medal on the leader meant to represent a gorget? Because if so, great job!

By the way, is the gold medal on the leader meant to represent a gorget? Because if so, great job!

While I have considered using them as gorgets before, here it's meant to be an Indian Peace Medal. They were given by the US and European governments to tribal representatives and leaders as a token of friendship and peace. They came to signify power in many tribes.

While I have considered using them as gorgets before, here it's meant to be an Indian Peace Medal. They were given by the US and European governments to tribal representatives and leaders as a token of friendship and peace. They came to signify power in many tribes.

Ah, that is even more interesting! I grew up in Central New York, so it's always good to see thoughtful historical representations. Ever thought of trying to set them up with lacrosse rackets?

Ah, that is even more interesting! I grew up in Central New York, so it's always good to see thoughtful historical representations. Ever thought of trying to set them up with lacrosse rackets?

I have not, but now that you mention it, I may just do that in a moc som time.

I like the use of the medal. A very common gift to Indians from the various governments in North America in those times.

Cool!

Have you considered giving a few of them different headgear? Some of the older western, islanders or lone ranger headgear pieces would fit really well!

Great job so far!