Presenting my latest MOC US Truck T2 MkII with instructions some people came with a question I did not expect. Never the less is this question fare enough: what about the frame. Some people are interested in the frame or chassis only and why not, I can imagine... :-)

So here they are, the instructions for only the frame of my latest MOC: US Truck T2 MkII

Hopefully this helps for some people to buy the instructions, without a lot of unwanted information. It may be obvious, but to make sure, you could easily build this frame in for example black. Black parts are much more common and a lot of Technic builders who have earlier sets have plenty of black parts...

Cheers and enjoy building..., Ingmar Spijkhoven

pict00.jpg

This is only the frame of an earlier released model. A model of a US truck with LEGO® Power Functions®. This truck is revered to as US Truck T2 MkII which is a rebuild and revised version of US Truck T2 I finished back in 2009. Like with all my models this truck's frame is build in scale 1:17,5.

This model features: solid axle suspension on all axles, PF powered driving with power transmitted independently to both rear axles, Ackermann geometry on steering axle, Servo powered steering, fully functional fifth wheel and 1 set of PF lights.

pict01.jpg

To give you an idea how these instructions look like here is a preview. Creating these instructions both quick progress on your build as well as each step being easy to understand the same time were very important. Early in the building process you will see what is happening, what it is that you are building. You will be very excited from the moment you start till you finish the build of this chassis with a total number of parts of about 800 pieces.

pict02.jpg

To achieve this a lot of floating items are used, with added arrows to show where these items are suppose to be. Together with a lot of so called call outs (the smaller windows within a step that shows the assembling of a smaller sub part of the build) together with multi part steps the build will be in a flow.

Included you'll find a parts overview. You rather want to use the parts list shown at rebrickable.com! Both building instructions and a parts list are available!

Edited by 2LegoOrNot2Lego...

Thanks for making this available! Still lacking a few parts though, I only hit 76% :laugh:

Well that comes close, it is at least much better then trying to build the entire truck though... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Edited by 2LegoOrNot2Lego...

Nice work on the instructions. It looks like you have put a lot of time into them.

One thing that jumps at me in your design is the use of gears for connecting to the servo motor.

How often does it happen that the teeth grind or gear snaps? I see no reason for not using more durable parts like the 4-legged gears that LEGO has been using for years.

Nice work on the instructions. It looks like you have put a lot of time into them.

One thing that jumps at me in your design is the use of gears for connecting to the servo motor.

How often does it happen that the teeth grind or gear snaps? I see no reason for not using more durable parts like the 4-legged gears that LEGO has been using for years.

Thanks for the kind words to start with and yes a lot of time is spend on creating these... :wink:

About the gears that I used to angle the servo rotation. No these do not snap basically because there is not much stress on these. The obvious reason for me to use these older gears is the number of teeth! It has 14 theet, divided by to makes 7. Because of the odd number these gears can give a 90 degree angle to a rotating movement AND keeping the Technic axles aligned. With the use of the gears you suggest the Technic axle connected to the Servo and the Technic axle connected to the steering system are in a 45 degree angle. This is a unwanted situation that can be avoided by using the older gears I used…

Does this make any sense? Please go try things for yourself and you'll notice why I "had" to use these older gears. BTW, these older gears are the only ones that suites the job!!! :classic:

A good idea to publish intructions for the chassis only. The instructions have nearly the same design I do it too, I make lots of callouts and much parts each step, as I recently have done it with the motorized Logging Truck.

With the chassis everybody can make his own individual car body design :)

Greetings

Alex

A good idea to publish intructions for the chassis only. The instructions have nearly the same design I do it too, I make lots of callouts and much parts each step, as I recently have done it with the motorized Logging Truck.

With the chassis everybody can make his own individual car body design :)

Yep, that was my thought exactly! I do like to encourage people to design and create there own models. With this frame/chassis as a start up people can do what ever they want. The chassis can be in a different color, the length can be adjusted easily and axles can be added or removed. Builders can do what ever they like doing with it!

Thanks for the kind words and I do like sharing my creations this way… :wink:

Good work Ingmar! Once again I can see the effort and quality you have put into your work. Your MK II truck is next on my list of models to build. I am very interested to see all the upgrades in detail. Now if only I had a trailer.....

Good work Ingmar! Once again I can see the effort and quality you have put into your work. Your MK II truck is next on my list of models to build. I am very interested to see all the upgrades in detail. Now if only I had a trailer.....

Once again, thank you very much for the kind words! Yes I really have put quite some effort into it and quality is very important to me. That also explains why I ask money for these and can not give them for free… :wink:

The pictures show quite a lot of the improvements, but the instructions show much more!

A trailer, just wait…it is on it's way, give me a couple of more weeks. It will be release on the first of December.

It will be an upgraded/revised version of this trailer:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=373746

Very Cool! Great Idea for those that would like to design their own body.

Yes it is, maybe there should be a contest… :wink: …who builds the nicest truck with this chassis of mine...

Thanks for sharing your model with us and your instructions. Your truck is great, a model team set.

H

Edited by Horace T

Thanks for sharing your model with us and your instructions. Your truck is great, a model team set.

You are welcome and I want you and others to know that it is my pleasure and honor to share my models by means of instructions!

Model Team, yes, but with realistic functionalities! Maybe hybrid suites better, both Model Team and Technic are fused to create models that can be operated. That is what I am up to and what I love doing. If a model is not going to be dynamic, it will not be build… :wink: