maydayartist

English warship "Revenge" from 1577 in minifigscale 1:50

Dude, I don't know what to say, it is the best ship ever build I think! thumbup.gif

Will you be adding the decoration in the brown plate on the stern? Perhaps engrave it on a large tile or something? Would be really cool if that was also there I think.

She really is a spectacle. It looks so much like a wooden model those curves. pirate_wubnew.gif -sums it up

Edited by Mr. Townsend

I think that it's simply one of the greatest MOC ship that I have ever seen; so many details, so many good ideas...

And the photoshoped image it's simply great, I put it as PC wallpaper screen (I don't know how tell this exactly in english, but I hope you can understand me default_wacko.gif ).

Friendly from Spain,

Commodore Ariel.

It looks very sturdy despite the tiled plates rounding the sides. How did you do that? Anyway, your ship is amazing!

Yeah I am still wondering how the bent tile plates can hold there... why do they not just popp off due to the pressure the bending induces... ?

Minifigs aren´t on board at the moment but I will join them later.

And later is -> today :pir-grin:

Hi guys,

after a half year with many many new lego creations (work for the LCP program) I have now time to present the promised pictures.

I have also start a new project whit the Revenge inside ... a little bit :pir-sweet:

For more information check out my new pirate moc 'harbour scene'.

To present the ship on convention and for the photoshoot we have to put a crew on it and here it is:

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

some overview pictures at the paris convention

8.jpg

12.jpg

and the new pictures with harbor and photo equipment around

9.jpg

11.jpg

10.jpg

Phil

Astonishing! I can only join myself to all the compliments that have already been made!

I've a question though! I've seen the gray tower in your WIP photos that acts as conterweight for the curved structure. But how did you achieve this goal in the finished ship? Is the tower hide inside the aftcastle? And if not how do you proceed?

Edited by Stanley KuBRICK

... But how did you achieve this goal in the finished ship? Is the tower hide inside the aftcastle? And if not how do you proceed?

The counterweight was only needed for the construction time.

I first start with one side till the end to see if all ends well.

At this point started the copy for the other side and on the end both side force cancel each other.

Amazing! Especially nice with the minifigures. Great work, love your custom sails and rigging. Hull shape is nice and clean as well.

This is the best Lego ship I have ever seen. :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited:

Agreed, best ship from my pov, too. But nonetheless, judging by the time you spent here on EB, you should by now be acquainted with the rules about bumping old topics. Read here, please! Basically it says: Don't do it for no reason, dude!

15 hours ago, Miles de Gloucester said:

I am stunned an envious by the amount of skill that went into this beautiful ship. Congratulations!

Though we do appreciate your interest and enthusiasm we do ask that you refrain from bumping old topics. This post was last commented on nearly two years ago. For your edification please revisit the Site Guidelines as well as this topic on Bumping Old Topics. Thank you for understanding.