maydayartist

English warship "Revenge" from 1577 in minifigscale 1:50

Wow, just wow... Pictures can't do this model justice. I wish I could see it in person, but it'd be a long swim to get there. Fantastic work maydayartist, this is absolutely stunning! pirate_classic.gif

Wow. 9 months of labor have produced a most beautiful baby. :classic: This MOC is AWESOME! :thumbup:

How did you do the curves in the hull?

wow, just amazing, thanks so much for sharing, that is truly one of a kind...I can't imagine the time that went into nevermind the actual cost...I am always constantly amazed at what creativity exists on this site and how AFOL's just make it happen, this is one of the tops though

I do almost wish folks would post the hours and cost of their MOC's which I feel goes into some of the appreciation, for me, as a non creative, I can look at this and see a labor of love but truly the cost and time is just as amazing sometimes as the finished project, which makes it all worth it

This ship made me register just to be able to comment.

And a commnet is one word only: P E R F E C T !!!

I will be coming back to check photos again...and again...and again.

I'd soo love to see pictures of the "work in progress" and appreciate all the effort it took to be an amazing piece of art as it is rigth now!

The hull is absolutely beautiful. Congratulations on those lines.

The mere idea of finishing this in just 9 months awestrucks me. Such AMAZING detail and proportion! As Sebeus said, enlighten us please.

Good morning guys,

greetings from Paris.

We have joined the convention and I can say that nothing damaged on transport.

Very nice.

Ok I don´t have that much time I want to answer all your questions but I will show you 2 pictures from the wip.

One from the "insinde"

It will also show that there will never be an interieur!! :pir_laugh2:

have fun

galleone_revenge_27_.jpg

galleone_revenge_28_.jpg

The big grey plate tower is just the conterweight to control the pressure of the curved structure.

the whole construction would collapse without him.

I have many many pictures made of her at the wip.

I will search another one later.

Phil

Goodness gracious, this is gorgeous!

MayDayArtist strikes once again. :grin:

Edited by Palathadric

This is epic!! So many breathtaking detailing to enjoy pirate_satisfied.gif Congratz with this (for your friend as well as the sails are awesomely done!)

This is the best ship MOC I've ever see and ever gonna see, everything is in place, perfect piece of art! Thanks for sharing and making itpirate_classic.gif

Best Lego ship I have ever seen! The shaping of the hull really stands out as do the great pattern designs that adorn the ship. The fact that its an English Galleon just tops it off, my fav ships! Outstanding work, you have taken it to the next level!

Hey guys,

thank you all for your positive feedback.

This is really kind of you. :pir-sweet:

I have done another bunch of pictures with details and how-to-do.

The first picture shows the nameplate I have done especially for the convention in paris and left at home at the beginning of the journey. pirate_sing.gif

I will show it at the next convention instead pirate_laugh_new.gif

have fun

revenge_logo.jpg

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

25.jpg

26.jpg

27.jpg

28.jpg

29.jpg

30.jpg

31.jpg

32.jpg

33.jpg

This is the foresail and took about 10 hours of construction time. Same for the mainmast. The other are a little bit less on time.

34.jpg

Phil

Edited by maydayartist

This is one of the most marvellous vessels I've seen. It looks so smooth! The curves, and especially the hull technique really stands out to me. Of course the rigging is brilliantly executed, but the hull is mind-blowing to me as I've rendered such a technique as being almost impossible. And you've did it. And you did it flawlessly.

It's also really nice to include those WIP shots. Excellent work and it's good to see such dedication!

Well done! And enjoy your EB frontpage post!

:thumbup:

This is outstanding, and really came out of no where! Thanks for sharing all the WIP pictures too. As I was looking at your first post I spent a good amount of time just thinking "how did he do that" and "I didn't think that was possible". That sir, is a testament to your skill and the amount of time and effort you put into this build. Outstanding once again, she really is a treasure.

:jollyroger: Dread Pirate Wesley

I must agree with everyone that this is a very well thought out and built ship. I hope that if you ever are inspired to create more vessel's please do share them with us. pirate_classic.gif

Visually, this is the most fantastic ship I've seen since...ever!