Delbaerov

(MOC) Outdoor Hockey Stadium

Some background on the build.

I first began in 2010, with a couple 48x 48 baseplates and a dream.....

The only part of the stadium that was pre-designed was the playing surface, using a Canada Hockey rink dimensions sheet for scale. Everything else has been trial and error/ build up to a certain level, then destroy as i make it even bigger.

It's a situation where every few month's i'll make a $50-100 part purchase and do another chunk, not quite willing to drop the $$ required to do it at once. My goal is to have it done by the end of the season for the team I work for (early March) so I can display it at a game.

That's how I build my custom models - explains why it takes me a few years to build a huge custom building or train. I always build it...see how it looks..sit on it for a few days...knock it down...rebuild it...sit on it again...then start on another section. I also buy bricks in stages because of $$$.

I keep checking in on this thread to see if you made any more progress - ha-ha.

An update to Delbaere Stadium a few more months in the making than I had hoped.

when a few extra led light strips were made available to me I decided to see how it would look, and the results turned out better than I had hoped. With the lights and the scoreboard, it's going to look like a very modern outdoor stadium.

I'l have some updates including concessions, and the start of the entrance facade coming soon.

post-95937-0-99618300-1396376285_thumb.jpg

Now that is impressive! Wow. I am blown away by not only the size, but just how great it looks as well. Really, really well done.

15541107197_7fd10d7775.jpg

15727845472_91f6f5e0fd_z.jpg

15540395479_53640d9ffb_z.jpg

A few updates here, the facade is complete, and a roof is beginning to take shape over the broadcast booth and private suites. The letters on the seats will eventually spell CLAN after my local university the SFU Clan.

Edited by Delbaerov

Huge, where will you keep it when done? Can it be broken into sections. Amazing

It has 5 major sections (Ice and each side) plus a few other layers that come across easily. It lives in my dining room for now, we'll see where it goes once it's complete.

I remember this from when you first posted it, but this version is wonderful.

Excellent job!

Simply amazing - I would love to see it fully populated with 800 minifigs in the stands and hockey players.

This is truly a magnificent build. What is the size of the stadium? I am thinking about constructing a small soccer stadium that I want to be about this size but want to know how much space it would take up before I commit.

This is truly a magnificent build. What is the size of the stadium? I am thinking about constructing a small soccer stadium that I want to be about this size but want to know how much space it would take up before I commit.

Length: 52.5" 133.5cm

Width: 58" 147cm

Height(Top of the scoreboard): 13" 33cm

Brilliant...this has been one of my favourite projects to follow over the last few years!

I love the way you achieved a mini-fig scale without it looking all blown out of proportion. The lights and façade and superb details and really tie the whole design together.

Just a little update,

Only a few minor updates in the last few months, just some work on the dressing rooms and filling in the crowd by scraping together every piece found in my Lego buckets. Also built a few concession stands. Once the building is complete, some decal work will be added

Also threw in a throwback to the first ever picture I took of it, which is almost 5 years ago.

Also have a new Instagram account: beautilugBC

19346391886_3169dc726e_z.jpg

19376851691_8567474092_z.jpg

19376549431_252ca0f332_z.jpg18751845903_436a867893_z.jpg

18751842453_63978719ed_z.jpg

Edited by Delbaerov

28835638702_2ff8b97e79_z_d.jpg

Finally filled up the seating bowl full of figures. Just needing to fill the private boxes and staff, then we'll finally be completed!