Sign in to follow this  
Sérgio

[MOC] 1989 Batmobile

Hello!!

this is my Fav Bat Car ever, from Tim Burton Movies

10316646724_58112514b6_c.jpg

10300876535_9f611a6014_c.jpg

batmobile_topclosedfront1.jpg

I know its not the Perfect replica, but capture most of iconic details :)

My not be perfect, but it looks very good!

If I may, I would suggest that you lengthen a bit the hood - it would make it look more proportional to the 1:1.

That's a great model, Sergio! I love the front end solution. I tried making a Burton Batmobile a few months ago. Eventually I worked out a front end that I liked, but it was not as clean as yours. I agree that the whole front half would look better if it was a few studs longer, but it looks quite nice as it is.

what about now my friends? a little bit longer and less Square...

1378251_590669307647472_84043272_n.jpg

Edited by Sérgio

Very nice looking moc and very close to the original. The back fins I thinks should be upside down though so that they curve downwards like in the original.

I prefer your first version, Sergio. The new one has a bit too much of a wasp waist and is not as clean as the first. Adding detail isn't always a good idea.

I prefer your first version, Sergio. The new one has a bit too much of a wasp waist and is not as clean as the first. Adding detail isn't always a good idea.

Yep. If I were to make it longer, I would only elongate (one or two studs) the section between the cockpit and front wheels, and wouldn't add more curves.

Yep. If I were to make it longer, I would only elongate (one or two studs) the section between the cockpit and front wheels, and wouldn't add more curves.

Agree. Within the second modell, the added curves falsify the original look of the car. Nevertheless great model.

Nice!

When these movies came out I didn't like this 'new' Batmobile... But it has grown on me and now it's right up there with my fav, the 1966 Barris-built model. You did a great job recreating the menacing attitude. It makes me wanna see the movie again...