Sign in to follow this  
AJW

Lord's London Underground tube station

Another London Underground station for your enjoyment. This is my sixth Underground themed creation to date.

This model is a fairly pure build compared to some of my others. There is a bit of black tape at the top of the curved windows and some of plates around the hinges have been modified to achieve the correct fit. I also had to drill a hole through the 2 x 2 green jumper tiles to let the string pass through.

10363410665_cb7306e8fb_c.jpg

10363345785_afae56f276_c.jpg

10362814985_b55cd320b5_z.jpg

Flickr set:

Edited by AJW

Although I'm not a fan of modifying bricks, the building looks great, and your ''correction'' add to it. I like the hanging sign with the station's name, and the simple white facade with detailing. I can see the drilled-through jumper, but how were the plates around hinges modified?

Excellent! Its difficult to get a plain white facade looking interesting, but you've managed it with this MOC - it looks spot on!

I am in the same camp as 'Redhead1982', not big on brick modification, having said that you have created a great effect with those plates and the string :classic: The MOC overall is great, my favourite bit is the details in the windows on the bottom floor!

Great work and happy building :laugh:

Its difficult to get a plain white facade looking interesting, but you've managed it with this MOC - it looks spot on!

I completely agree with this. :classic:

Though I generally also disapprove of modifying the bricks, I must admit that it was worth to do it here. The drilled jumpers are not disturbing at all and I like that you also included a vintage tube map inside.

Nice building. it looks alot like some of the "EL" stations around Chicago. Makes me want to go for a ride on the choob! :wink:

Lovely building - really evocative of an underground station.

I have a question - is this based on a real station - there isn't a Lord's Station as far as I am aware - if the reference is to Lord's Cricket Ground then closest tube station is St John's Wood.

Really cool MOC, nice work with all of the details.

Your underground stations have so much more character than ours here in the States.

Fantastic work. As the others have said, I'm also not a fan of modifying bricks, but I can understand why and think you've done it sympathetically to the build.

I also love the touch of the poster of the tube map.