Superfunk

My first MOD: 10232 Palace Cinema (non-corner building)

Hi everyone, I'd like to show you my first MOD. As I already own two corner buildings, I have rebuilt my Palace Cinema as a non-corner building. The ground floor is now equipped with a bathroom, a back entrance and a grand staircase. The movie theater on the first floor includes more seating and is separated from the window front by a small hallway.

Comments & suggestions welcome, thanks for looking!

10366057745_ed986a737b.jpg

10366072516_37eef8a233.jpg

10366057395_bb53ae5323.jpg

10366057355_1c3c266e21.jpg

10366270143_bd3f6bea31.jpg

10366269973_97b88e9c2f.jpg

10366071976_82a45a7b40.jpg

Originals on Flickr.

Thats a really nice MOD, you should actually make a copy of it en put it on both sides of the Original Palace Cinema cornerbilding to get one giant Cinema!! Nice work!!

This is a wonderful MOD of the Palace Cinema. I'll like the linear layout and it looks as good as the OOB (if not better). Well done.

Fantastic work! I think the Ground floor is much more representative of a movie Theatre than the original AND you've managed to massively increase the seating in the auditorium. I like the original, but this is probably the best Mod I've seen.

Tip of the hat to you!

This is a fantastic MOD of the Palace Cinema. I love what you have done with the ground floor, particularly the grand staircase which this modular really needed. Love it!

9198929916_b0540e73a9_o.png

fantastic. i was working on something almost identical... great minds think alike!

About how many extra pieces did you need to do this? It looks awesome.

this ! i need to know, its awesome

Awesome MOD! Did you need many spare parts that weren't in the original parts list? Can see there are chairs that weren't in original and maybe a second set of stairs.

Thanks everyone for the nice feedback!

I estimate that there are about 600 additional parts in the MOD (mostly from BrickLink) - mainly dark tan bricks, a lot of tiles and other parts for the details (stairs, windows, lamps, chairs, etc.). And I had some leftovers from the set that I didn't use.

This is a great MOD, it looks just as good as the official set! I love the foyer and I think your version of the foyer is better than the official :classic:

Great work and happy building :laugh:

Very interesting. You were able to keep the building design close to the corner version without any major compromise. Excellent job and I like the greater interior space that has resulted.

I must say, I am also impressed by this job. I tend to agree that this non-corner version of the cinema looks even better than the original corner building. I think the only comment I have got is that you should switch the back entrance and the bathroom. I think a bathroom will fit better next to the ticket counter, instead of next to the kiosk...

Thanks everyone for the nice feedback!

I estimate that there are about 600 additional parts in the MOD (mostly from BrickLink) - mainly dark tan bricks, a lot of tiles and other parts for the details (stairs, windows, lamps, chairs, etc.). And I had some leftovers from the set that I didn't use.

Thanks. Worth it!

I really like the MOD you've done here Superfunk. I agree with other's sentiments that it is better than the original. Great looking foyer/entrance and I like how the actual auditorium doesn't have window's to the outside.