mikezang

Is this axle 7 is too long in PF train motor set?

Yesterday I received two sets of PF train motor, but I found the axle 7 is too long so that I can't attach Motorbogie, Ornament. Then I tried axle 6 but it seems like too short, what can I do?

image.jpg

Yeah, it works, but it looks like too short. But I still don't why LEGO SHOP packed 7L with motor set...

Should look like this with 6L axle.

Picture21178_zps96d71ae0.jpg

I found axle 6L is too short, my train wheels separate a lot of times, what can I do? how do you solve this problems?

Are you sure it is 6L and not 5L? The train base is 4L wide so there should be 1 stud length left on both side. Also check the wheels for any crack or defect.

I found axle 6L is too short, my train wheels separate a lot of times, what can I do? how do you solve this problems?

Can you post a picture of your motor with the wheels and axles? If 6 is too short and 7 is too long, you may have to cut a 7 to size. But you should haven't to do that.

Can you post a picture of your motor with the wheels and axles? If 6 is too short and 7 is too long, you may have to cut a 7 to size. But you should haven't to do that.

Should look like this with 6L axle.

Picture21178_zps96d71ae0.jpg

I am very sorry, this is my mistake, LEGO sent me 6L in set 8866, but I found if I use it that I can't use Motorbogie, Ornament, now I found it is too short!

By the way, the Motorbogie, Ornament in this picture is different from mine, mine is no hole on the side plate, why? are there Motorbogie, Ornament for RC wheels?

You have wrong sideplate (for 9v motors). You should get pf one (with holes)

You have wrong sideplate (for 9v motors). You should get pf one (with holes)

Really? this is first time I heard! why isn' it included in train motor set? can you tell me that part number?

Edited by mikezang

I have always used the 6L ones that come with the motors and they work fine with the side plates. I have made some up using the technic bricks with axles and / or just greebled motors with the side plates in some models, but I have always used 6L axles with no problems.

The side plates without holes are for the 9v motors. I think those ran out before the 9v motors did, as the last of the 9v motors came with the new style side plates.