Sign in to follow this  
Alfadas

AoM - Phase lll archery

Here I am again with my phase lll archery. I am really proud of the phase lll. And can a moderator or regulator change title to phase lll archery, and delete the phase ll?

Phase lll:

Enjoy!

C&C are always welcome!

Edited by jeroenaa

Nice, I like phase 3 better!

Some Critique

1. Pictures. Having good pictures always helps. Try to find a clean, well lighted area to take your pictures. Going outside and using nature's light is probably one of the best.

2. Try to have a good background as well, maybe a poster board. A white poster board is good, that is what I use. Even a bed sheet would work.

3. No Flash! Do NOT use flash, it will only highlight the build in certain spots.

4. More detail in the builds. There are a lot of barren, open spots in the builds. I really liked how you filled some of those with different pieces, but it could use more. Having places in the landscape that rise higher than others make it look better. Maybe even more foliage if you have the pieces.

This is just my 2 cents. I really like what you have going on, with the targets and all, but there is always something that can be improved, even with the good builders. Really nice mocs, and I hope this helped! :classic:

Thanks! I use the back of a poster as background, but maybe a sheet is better indeed. As for the pics, I can go outside, good idea for the next MOC! As I took photos inside, the light wasn't that good. Next MOC will be better photographed. As for point 4, I know that there are a lot of empty spots. I just don't have that much pieces that can make the build higher in some parts. I only have 3 green flats, 2x6, and a few of those cheeseslopes. I am currently saving money for pieces (and the new The Hobbit sets, they are amazing!) that can make parts higher then the rest. I do have around 20-30 more of those green plant parts, with the 3 leafs.

I do not consider myself as a good builder, I hope to get better. But for that I need a lot more parts :grin: and more experience.

Thanks for the feedback, and I will use it in coming MOCs.

For your Phase II build I like the little stands that hold the archer's quivers and the cheese slopes and tiles scattered on the ground make it feel almost like a courtyard :thumbup: The 2 wide bricks around the sides and back look a little odd to me, are they supposed to be walls?

The Phase III build has some really neat details, the targets the archers shoot at, the path to the small building, and the figs' posing :thumbup: However much of the build seems rather bare, as mpoh said, it looks like you had both of these builds together at the same time. If so I'd recommend only doing one build at a time so you can use all your pieces in it. I still do that most of the time :wink: Also both builds photography could use some improvement, I think your background is all right, just make sure you keep the build in front of it so we don't see around the background. mpoh had some good suggestions on how to improve your pictures. Just so you know for the future, the idea of AoM is to build a phase, receive input and suggestions, then improve the phase you had posted or at least pay attention to the suggestions for the next phase. So you shouldn't really post two phases at once :classic:

Thanks for the comment. Yes, I built both at once. Next time I will indeed only make one MOC at the time.

In the phase ll those bricks are indeed supposed to be walls, sort of a ruin of a small house.

I know my photography skills are not good, I really need to improve that.

I don't think I will make other MOCs for AoM, I am going to focus on school and the challenges for GoH.

If I may say, you are making some good improvements. You continue to take all the input well and show effort in improving. Keep it up and you'll get there soon :classic:

Cute phase 3 entry Alfadas. Regarding CC i would use more smaller plates for snow at roof and more plates for ground texturing. Also try improve a bit your photography if you can :wink:

Thanks! Please keep in mind that this was build a while ago, and back then I didn't have a lot of white pieces to use. Now I do (wait for stables phase lll). About plates on the ground wait for my Hersir of the Archers entry. Hope to get the last one up soon. Maybe this weekend. And about the photography, also wait for the coming MOCs.