JeagerEX

Fake CMF Series

Sluban is really bad... if you already look at it it falls apart... (I don't buy it but have seen samples in some stores) and those minifigs are just as bad as it looks I reckon...

Oh, why do I feel that Lego's legal eagles are going to be busy with that mob of copy cats eh ? :wink:

Those figures look fair but really they are crap as well.....totally crap ! :tongue:

They are clear copyright violations. They outright copy and mimic the unique artwork. But what always puzzles me is why? I can understand the bootleg Ninjago figs. But why would they even bother copying something like the chef or the Octan guy that closely? How much benefit coud here be for the effort required and the limitations it brings in distribution? With just some minor art changes they could actually sell into anywhere including western nations without risk of legal action or enforcement? Is there really enough of a market for a bootleg Octan guy to make it worth making?

If you think those are bad go back a few pages in that thread and see the recast bootleg TMNT and Chima figs.

If you live at Los Angeles, CA there's a place that has a full a lot of toy stores in Downtown LA, but they don't sell knockoff LEGOs.

I hope those Chinese manufacturers who made those kind of bootleg crap must be teach them a lesson. And we need to file a complain to the LEGO Group about these.

Edited by JeagerEX

Ok, so I don't condone what these companies do. I do wish Lego would do torso designs in variant colours though. I really like the brown overalls and orange classic space logo jacket ones. Some of the other ones definitely look like dog doodoo though. It does show that counterfeiters are getting better able to duplicate stuff though. Clearly those torsos have been stamped judging by the pattern in the grey stripes of the criminal. Some of the small detailing is very sharp. It's obvious the minifigures aren't Lego but they're getting closer to replicating exact copies. The plastic used will always give them away though. Nasty brittle stuff with the wrong opacity and colour saturation. That and the lack of a Lego logo. And rubbish clutch. And wonky mouldings. I sometimes think that tolerating a certain amount of bootlegging might actually work in Lego's favour. Make consumers appreciate the quality of genuine products more. And as long as there are consumers who are poor, there will always be a market for such cheap and nasty bootleg products. And therefore producers of it.

With just some minor art changes they could actually sell into anywhere including western nations without risk of legal action or enforcement? Is there really enough of a market for a bootleg Octan guy to make it worth making?

I can only assume the reproduction work is being farmed out to cheap labour who are simply instructed to copy the set design and thus are doing so rather blindly, rather than assessing the parts that could just as easily be a completely different look without affecting the overall set.

How would anyone really sell these? They hurt my eyes just to look at them and they are such blatant knock offs. More power to the Lego legal team! I want my Lego free and pure.

Holy Cow! Just look at these:

Photo0009_zps1a895846.jpg

Discarded Power armors from Lego Universe!

And Can I see Ninjago + Starwars Mix up? I HAVE to get that!

IMG_0563.jpg

Edited by Lordofdragonss

Star Wars spinners? The ability to destroy a planet must be insignificant next to the power of Spinjitsu. :rofl:

When driving your motorcycle on Tatoine, remember to always avoid the random flaming vegetation in the deset *huh*

Over here in Malaysia we have fakes flooding the market that are getting really close to copying the exact minifigure. I bought these 2 minifigure packs out of curiosity and to compare with my actual Lego minifigures. Can you imagine Lego doing this? Batman and Iron Man minifigure pack instead of a large set which cost alot.

DSCN1111-a_zps2d09296b.jpg

The packs is part of a series of 8 packs. The Iron Man ones comes with 7 other figures like Thor, mini Hulk etc. The Batman ones is part of a series for Batman, Robin and Joker.

DSCN1114-a_zpsc16ee433.jpg

Each pack contents is 1 bag of the figure unassembled and 1 card pack. Interestingly the Batman pack comes with 2 guns that are very similar to the guns in Star Wars sets.

DSCN1125_zps1c2f5dbc.jpg

The comparison of the Batman figure with the fake. It pains me to see that it is near impossible to distinguish between the 2 unless they are placed side by side. Can you spot the fake?

DSCN1132-a_zps9b5e3d53.jpg

Iron Man is no different. Unless you know what the actual Iron Man looks like you cannot tell the fake apart.

DSCN1158-a_zpsefee1e1a.jpg

The funny thing is, at the place where I bought it on the receipt the product description was "Lego". Not surprising since I have seen parents and children seeing fakes like Enlighten and calling them Lego in stores before. Add to the fact Lego is extremely expensive and hard to get here and you allow these fakes to thrive. Even funnier is that these stuff is sold in most large establish shopping malls where there are TRUs too.

Do note I bought them to do a comparison and to educate some of the Lego fans on the Lego Facebook group I go to.

This is repulsive. Every time I have dreams about "LEGO", it's me always going to a store to purchase some sets but all I see are knock offs, and weird sets like these. Yeah, what a nightmare I know...

It love how in the video, the Iron man rip off is called 'Iron Hero' on the box. But still this is pretty bad, if a mother mistakes it for LEGO and the brittle plastic snaps, then she won't be buying any LEGO products anymore, alienating some of Legos possible customers. But hopefully these fake LEGO should show people who are cheating out to buy the real thing, as the cheapo stuff ever takes the strength of twelve men to pull apart, or falls apart in a slight breeze.