kc2dc

New City Layout

Here are some new pics. We moved and so had the opportunity to re-design the city some. It now makes more sense with a harbor, downtown, suburban type area, airport etc, all connected by road and rail systems. Sill working on the bridges and other details. What do you think?

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

Few more pics

007.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

010.jpg

011.jpg

012.jpg

Edited by kc2dc

That's a nice city with airport, train, seaport...

Maybe, you can add some minifigs everywhere in the streets to improve your layout.

Bravo.

Huge! So many sets - there is a treasure trove of bricks there! :D

Great layout - I like how you have packed railways, roads, buildings etc. into one big whole.

Brick on!

Amazing layout :wub: you have lots of fantastic sets in there and the layout is very well done, not too crowded but still looks busy! I can't wait to see what bridges you make

:grin:

Thanks for sharing and happy building :laugh:

Edit - Missed a word out, so it didn't make much sense :blush:

Edited by timmyc1983

Thanks guys! Have not added many minifigs yet, they are all still in a box for now.

We have run out of space, so I think in order to be able to keep expanding, I will build a hillside/ tunnel over the rail tracks on the back side and place the houses on the hill to free up the lower area for buildings.

This looks awesome. I'm very envious of the space you have, at least compared to my current 1 table set up!

That is HUGE! So many modulars and ordinary sets, a few more minifigs would complete the town! Ps love the building being built

Any city layout that leaves room for a haunted house is OK in my book! :laugh: Excellent job, and so much detail. I think my favorite features are the building under construction and also the viaducts in the street over the river. Well dome!

Thanks for the comments!

The bridges are complete and I have started adding minifigs and other details.

Here are a few new pics:

013.jpg

014.jpg

015.jpg

This is a seriously fantastic layout. Combining everything you want to get in and the way you have maximized the space is really interesting.

This is a seriously fantastic layout. Combining everything you want to get in and the way you have maximized the space is really interesting.

Did you see how old it is?!

Hi,

While we appreciate your positive reaction, you need to be aware that you are responding to a three year old topic. This is called topic bumping and it's only allowed when you add actual information to the topic, not to say how great a MOC is. Please be aware of this next time you revive an ancient topic. Thanks.

Very very nice!

Really like the incorporated monorail :-p

PS! On the runway it says "17" in one end, which mean it should say "35" in the other end ;-)