viracocha

MOC Fateful Encounter

If you heard nothing about a gang of Ginger Joe then you probably were born much later the events that occurred on the territory of the future state of Colorado. In 1858, in the streams of the Rockies gold was found. Thousands of people flocked here going for the gold. Soon prospectors camps have turned into small towns and became the object of attack of the the Indians and robbers. Then all knew the most notorious thugs - Joe gang. His fiery red hair was seen at the attacks on shops merchants, robberies on the roads and even attacks on bank branches. So far, luck was on the side of the bandits, but this time it all went wrong...

Bank robbery was planned carefully. All foreshadowed easy profits. But, instead of the two guards with sawn-off shotguns, hijackers met well armed force. In the skirmish was killed most of the gangs, but Joe himself managed to escape. He decided to get rid of the chase and to lay low for the some time...

By the wild narrow path riding on the Caesar he sneaks to Arizona. But suddenly old Sheriff Bill Kanning blocked the way...

10267758104_a212d68f79_z.jpg

IMG_8894_11 by vir-a-cocha, on Flickr

10267754754_8420ac7efd_z.jpg

IMG_8899_2 by vir-a-cocha, on Flickr

10267845246_b75db4a529_z.jpg

IMG_8900_3 by vir-a-cocha, on Flickr

10267746454_58a532fe47_z.jpg

IMG_8905_6 by vir-a-cocha, on Flickr

Thank you for watching and comments! More photos of Caesar and Ginger Joe at my Flickr.

It's got a very kinetic feel to it - you can sense the movement. I like the a lot and it's really, really well executed (especially the rider and particularly the face). You've achieved a lot with such a small selection of bricks Virachocha!

It took me about five minutes to finally write my appreciation down for this MOC. I am very impressed.

Just look at the posing. Cleverly using several joints, this creation surpasses a mere diorama and becomes a scene. Then look at the details. Have you seen those elegant guns? And of course, there is the horse (wow, that rhymes!)... absolutely stunning. It is probably the best LEGO horse I've ever seen. (one remark: why did you use that curved piece at the back of the horse with the technical looking detail on it? There is a perfect, smooth alternative).

To make a long story short: AWESOME!

Thank you all for the comments!

one remark: why did you use that curved piece at the back of the horse with the technical looking detail on it? There is a perfect, smooth alternative.

Some pieces could be changed for the better alternatives, some colors could be replaced to obtain monochrome model. My aim was to build scene in motion with the recognizable figures of people and horse. I just took parts what I have at hand. :)

If you heard nothing about a gang of Ginger Joe then you probably were born much later the events that occurred on the territory of the future state of Colorado. In 1858, in the streams of the Rockies gold was found.

Hmmm, I was born near that time and I don't recall hearing about him :laugh:

Anyways, great job! This is a creative and well done MOC.

Edited by jluckhaupt

... I don't recall hearing about him :laugh:

These are signs of senility, come on go to the doctor immediately! :tongue:

These are signs of senility, come on go to the doctor immediately! :tongue:

155 years can start to way on a man's brain! I ain't as sharp as I once was :wink: