In my experience the Mustang gearbox definately works better than the one in the Defender. And is a magical piece of technique :classic:

Can I improve the old Defender with the gearbox from Mustang easily?

Can I improve the old Defender with the gearbox from Mustang easily?

No, that would be virtually impossible. And it wouldn't be an improvement. The Mustang is 5 speed + reverse, but the Defender also has high/low range and a 2wd/4wd selector built into the gearbox. It needs to be the way it is.

No, that would be virtually impossible. And it wouldn't be an improvement. The Mustang is 5 speed + reverse, but the Defender also has high/low range and a 2wd/4wd selector built into the gearbox. It needs to be the way it is.

I meat less features but more stability... Otherwise, I have to simply watch the defender's advanced gearbox in my closet, instead of playing the car with RC...

I meat less features but more stability... Otherwise, I have to simply watch the defender's advanced gearbox in my closet, instead of playing the car with RC...

I don't agree with your assessment of the Defender, but it sounds like you have already made your decision. If you feel like there is something wrong with the Defender then build the Mustang.

I don't agree with your assessment of the Defender, but it sounds like you have already made your decision. If you feel like there is something wrong with the Defender then build the Mustang.

Yes, look forward to the 3rd gen. :)

Yes, look forward to the 3rd gen. :)

Yes the 3rd gen.is much much better. The LandRover is more like a sculpture than a technic RC car

I just finished building the manual version. The build was a lot of fun and the model is pretty solid in the end. Most sections were very straightforward, most connection can be considered legal but for a few where little "bending" is required.

I especially like the break system and the handbreak, as well as the door locks. It also makes very good use of flex axles to replicate the shape of the original car.

My thanks go to Sheepo for this wonderful model.

I'm sorry if this is a noob question but, if I use 2 Version 2 IR receivers, will it make a difference?

No .

Edited by redoak

Hi! I would really like to build this amazing moc! but unfortunately i need 1 part!

42x Technic Connector 32016 red

Can you give me some advice, where to get this rare part? Bricklink nope!

Thanks in advance

Hi! I would really like to build this amazing moc! but unfortunately i need 1 part!

42x Technic Connector 32016 red

Can you give me some advice, where to get this rare part? Bricklink nope!

Thanks in advance

Wow, that parts has gotten really rare. This store has the most.

I suspect this model may have something to do with it becoming so rare (and expensive) so quickly! :classic:

Edited by D3K

This shows you how small the global Technic aftermarket really is. It only takes one popular model like this to clear out the worldwide supply of uncommon parts. I didn't use the word "rare" because there are parts much harder to get than this.

Yes, this model made the price of this piece really high. I was able to manage to order the required number from 6 stores. I do think this is menthal. Lego should start to producing this part now...

I'm very glad I got in early to build this. The hardest part for me to find was 32201 in Red. I had to order from 3 stores to get the 4 needed but even then it was only about $2 total for all 4.

Looks like I for in just in time with my red connectors..

On the red flex axles, I was too late.....

Availability from stores that ship to Australia was very poor and prices has risen significantly so I used red rigid hose cut to length and it turned out great. Prices were cheap also :-)

I believe, in the end the model only used 2 of the 14L flex axles in red. Or was it the 16L flex axles?

Why making him in red?

You can make him in other colors to. I'm doing it wright now. When he's done i'll post him. I'm also like to ce him in a lot of other colors to. So when some one got 1 post it plz. Mine will be Orange with dark bluish grey stipes. But for this color is bricklink also sold out. I was first. With some little modifications on the boddy work is it possible to avoid parts that dont exist and add existing without you will ce it.

This is the best lego model I have ever seen. I was fully amazed during the build process, and I am still amazing how Sheepo was able to produce this car.

But I have a small issue with it. Does anyone have the same issue what I have?

The gearbox during change from one speed to another does not fully push the red clutch part from one end to another end so when I'm driving the car, it clacks sometimes.

Edited by bekesizoltan

This is the best lego model I have ever seen. I was fully amazed during the build process, and I am still amazing how Sheepo was able to produce this car.

But I have a small issue with it. Does anyone have the same issue what I have?

The gearbox during change from one speed to another does not fully push the red clutch part from one end to another end so when I'm driving the car, it clacks sometimes.

I get the same problem with some gears. I took the gearbox out and made sure all the moving parts were nice and loose and that seems to have helped a bit. It doesn't clack nearly as much as it used to.