This is the car I showed in the Lego Fan Weekend two weeks ago.

GT500_01.jpg

GT500_02.JPG

GT500_04.JPG

This creation is made in scale 1:8. The total size is: 75 studs of length, 29 wide and 21 of high (60x23x17 cm)

The weight is 3.1 kgs, with around 3500 parts and 5 motors.

GT500_11.JPG

It includes some remote controlled functions:

- Steering (M motor)

- Drive (2 L motors)

- Sequential gearbox (PF Servo motor)

- Disc brakes (M motor)

GT500_10.JPG

The sequential gearbox is an improved version of my previous Caterham ones (3rd Gen V2), with 5+R and auto-clutch.

The speeds ratio:

R - 2.08:1

1 - 1.67:1

2 - 1.25:1

3 - 1:1

4 - 1:1.33

5 - 1:1.67

The max speed in 5th speed is 3 kph (~2 mph)

It has a gear indicator in the interior, between the front seats.

GT500_24.JPG

GT500_09.JPG

For make more easy the gearbox tests the car in has a rear support to keep the rear axle lifted

GT500_15.JPG

The suspension is based in the real one: front McPherson axle and a rear 4-links live axle.

The front axle also has advenced geometry: Camber angle(2º), caster angle(3.5º) and kingpin angle(7º)

GT500_16.JPG

The steering has ackerman geometry and working steering wheel.

The car also has working disc brakes in all wheels, they are very powerfull and includes functional brake pedal.

GT500_07.JPG

GT500_25.JPG

The complete video

COMPLETE INSTRUCTIONS WILL BE AVAILABLE COMING SOON!!

As always for more info visit my website: sheepo.es

Edited by Blakbird
: Fixed video link.

Fantastic as always! The wheels seem a little small though, but it looks great! A good looking Mustang would be very difficult to replicate and you did a great job with it.

Edit:

The wheel size look great in the front, but a bit too small in the rear.

It could just be the photo angles.

I like how you replicated the Cobra emblems. :laugh: Nice!

Curse you for making me spend all my money!!

Seriously though, this is an amazing car. The subject was immediately recognizable without any description. Your use of a plethora of angle connectors and flex axles really captured the lines of this car. Even if it were just a sculpture it would be a great model, but I see that it has your signature technical accuracy as well. With that sequential gearbox, does it have a Hurst shifter? I see that you used a servo motor for the gearbox. The Defender 90 used an XL motor. Do you find that the servo has enough torque?

Looks great, immediately recognizable, not only as a Mustang, but a GT500! :thumbup:

Now make it in dark blue, but with the same white stripes :wink: (yeah, I know it's not possible... :cry_sad: )

I was considering making a BOSS 302 Mustang, NOT ANYMORE! :laugh: . Excellent work capturing the lines of the car, I could immediately recognize it. Its too bad the L motors are not that fast, I would love to see the car drive fast!

How does the sequential gearbox work? I have been trying to figure it out for ages.

tim

Nice work again Sheepo :thumbup:

I have to agree that the wheels do look just a little bit small at this scale though.

You did it again :wub: .

This is the first technic moc in month's that is realy stunning and love al of it.

Very great work and a lots of compliments :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Thanks to everyone!

About the wheels all of you are right...or more or less.

The GT500(actually all Mustangs I think) has the rear wheels bigger than the front ones. In the front has 65cm of diamenter and in the rear 68cm, if you take the MOC tyres (81.6mm) and the scale(1/8) you get that the car has an equivalent of 65cm of diamenter. So, the front wheels are in the exactly size, and the rear ones are a little bit small.

And now, why the wheels looks like they are much more smaller? Good question, but I don't know the answer... I think that this is because the mudguard is a little bit bigger and the space between the wheel and mudguard makes the wheel look smaller than it really is.

blakbird, I am sorry but, what do you mean with "Hurst shifter"? I can not understand you... you mean the gearbox shift lever?

I think the wheels of the newer GT500 models are 20 x 9.5 all around. I may be wrong though. Many people may go to a bigger tire for drag racing though.

Come to think of it, they might be 19 in the front and a bit narrower, so you may be correct.

Great model!

And what do you think about wheels from 8461? Those wheels are a bit larger! I understand that mounting of these wheels requires the reconstruction of all the rear suspension so it is just idea :) I used these wheels in my Arrow (http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=85128&hl=arrow) and it looks good (of course the front wheels in my model have smaller diametr so the difference is much more)

Maybe I didn't write it well, but was talking about the diameter of the tires, not the rims.

The wheels 8461 have the same diamenter as the wheels I used, 81.6mm...

Maybe I didn't write it well, but was talking about the diameter of the tires, not the rims.

The wheels 8461 have the same diamenter as the wheels I used, 81.6mm...

Probably you are right, but my rule says that 8461 tire diametr is a bit larger. Difference is not essential of course.

That car is insane!

I really can't understand how you guys can create such car from scratch....really genius :thumbup:

blakbird, I am sorry but, what do you mean with "Hurst shifter"? I can not understand you... you mean the gearbox shift lever?

Most American muscle cars came with automatic transmissions with the gear selection on the steering column, but the real racers used manual transmissions. A "Hurst Shifter" was an aftermarket addition to allow sequential shifting which nearly all serious racers used. So when I see a Mustang with a sequential gearbox, I think of Hurst.

Great job Sheepo, I will definitely be buying the instructions when they become available (keep us updated!). Love the use of soft axles and ribbed hoses for contouring, seems to be a bit of a lost art nowadays.