kevin8

(MOC)-Modular Bookshop

Hello to everyone again.

Let me introduce you for the first time my last MOC.

It's a corner modular bookshop and it has been designed in the early 2013 and built. It's been yet displayed in some of the italian events a took part.

10266146463_55a675f4b5.jpg

It all started with the photo of a building placed in New York, initially I was trying to catch the curved facade and I spent many evenings trying to find the right inclination...

As in many other modular building, it has a shop in the lower floor and a house in the higher. I decided to put my acronym in the rear like it was a graffity, actually I was looking for a more "flowing" sign, but it was the best I can obtain in such a narrow place.

10265947444_1c80d21b65.jpg

I created a watch for walkways... I'm satisfied with it, but I'm waiting TLG to produce some brackets in white...

10265948334_405e61d421.jpg

The book shop has its shelves with plenty of books and some displaying bench. In the rear there's a little bathroom.

10265950154_aff0e65562.jpg10266153783_64637f7c85.jpg

In the higher floors there's the house of the shop's owner, so we can see his wife going out on the terrace... At the first floor I've put a dining room and kitchen.

10266068675_50bc74a514.jpg

Going upstair, there's a little hall with couch and TV, obviously a bookcase and a bathroom with a snotted bathtub .

10266162373_0db3ecfa41.jpg10265937064_4842d007c2.jpg

Trying to maximize the available space, I decided to add a floor as a loft where I put the bedroom. There's a narrow and steep staircase to reach it.

10266034956_3d2aaaa96f.jpg10266151943_45a7cbca9c.jpg

On the roof I decided to draw a colored skylight ad I built a TV antenna.

10266032036_71be7e4a6a.jpg10266046295_16782e5559.jpg

www.flickr.com/photos/kevin8/sets/72157632430341953/

What a great building there Kevin8. So much fine details and building technics. De skylight and de rounded front of the building are mine favourites, but there is so much more to see. Thanks for sharing my friend.

Great building! Love the rounded front and the rounded part in the back of the building.

Nice work on the building. My favourite detail is the curved front facade. It looks so good, I'm considering trying it out on my own. What I like the most about it, is that the gaps on the curved part are hardly visible, which is often a down point (for me). Interiors is eaqually impressive, specially the book store. You ''solved'' a problem of curved walls really nicely in the other floors, by creating a terrace and angularly cropping the building. Well done. :thumbup:

I love the details like the antenna and the graffiti on the back. I really like the overall layout of the design and think that it's well detailed through out the building. Great job.

Excellent modular Kevin8! I really like the window treatments on the upper floors and the clock is excellent, it looks really good on he street. The TV antenna, quite a throwback, so unexpected. I also found the graffiti logo quite a nice touch.

Andy D

Really Neat Modular there, love the design of first floor and toilet, and I agree about nice Tag

Beautiful looking facade and an interior that's stuffed full of great detail work. I love the TV aerial and the graffiti is a nice touch. Congratulations!

Thanks for sharing it with us!

Don't mention it! :blush:

I think everyone needs reviews, both when they are good than when bad. A bad review helps to grow up.

With this modular you can see my growing up as a Modular Buildings builder until a few months ago. I hope you can see this improvement and I hope to improve again... :wub:

Really like your façade on this building and the back side atrium is a nice technique too! Great work!

Wow. That is some fantastic work. The details are amazing and I love the curved facade.

Very nice! Good work, you've added some really nice curves in it!

Amazing work. The building is equally impressive outside and inside. Some details really stand out, like the smooth curve of the wall on the ground level, antenna and your 'signature' on the back wall.

Well done!

Wow! This is amazing! I have never seen so much details in such a small modular! I just have to say it looks fantastic. Keep up the good work! :-)

I really like how you made the curve work as the front of the building using hinges. Great interior details...love those bookcases, and the latter is a nice touch, too.

The colors work real well, too.