Jim

[TRIPLE] Technic Triple Build Contest Entry

Terminator 5 Workout

I LOVE Terminator movies, especially first and second one.

I also LOVE to go to the Gym...

So, my theme for the triple contest is Terminator's physical preparations for highly anticipated new movie, Terminator 5, staring Arnold Schwarzenegger.

t11.jpg

This preparations consist of series of exercises performed in his custom Gym.

We will see him doing 8 most important exercises.

As you know, in every Terminator movie our T-800 took significant damage, and in my entry i have portrayed him as he has

lost nearly all of his skin and flesh, leaving his endosceleton mostly naked,

with all motors, cylinders and wires visible,

also, his legs were damaged many times, and are now replaced with superior Skynet-edition all-terrain tracks.

MODELS:

1. T-800

Main model.

1t12.jpg

495 parts

With chromed teeth and famous cigar, powered by 7.2V power plant core and heavy duty rams fed by 7 motors, this aged actor and star is

capable of performing various exercises, with exercise machines, barbells and dumbbells, as well as just stretching before and after training.

It has 7 motors, fake and real pneumatic cylinders and actuators, 4 receivers and 6 turntables.

Main section is 2-part frame built to be simple and strong.

Every exercise shown in the video is done without any help. Just his own power and strength.

T800 can do:

1. bicep curls w barbell

2. bicep curls w dumbbell

3. front shoulder

4. back shoulder

5. triceps extension w barbell

6. triceps extension w dumbbell

7. pushup

8. pull up

9. biceps chain

10. triceps chain

11. abs hanging

12. back extension

13. pull down cable from seated position (lats)

14. bench press

13. military press

16. inclined bench press

17. declined bench press

18. dead lifts

19. rows

20. treadmill running (driving)

2. Pull up machine, with cable rack

Workout machine

img_20131201_093603.jpgpull_up.jpg

380 parts

Nearly 65cm high, this machine is the main equipment for T800 training routine.

It helped him to develop his wide back, biceps and shoulders

It consist mainly of large bricks and plates (1x14, 1x16 bricks and technic bricks, 4x12, 4x10 plates)

It is strong enough to support his massive size and weight, without any bending or cracking-it was designed to be bend-proof when vertical stress is applied.

Painted in yellow/black, with red cushions

tzgib.jpg

3. Bench press (adjustable), with additional weights

Workout machine

img_20131201_093753.jpgbench.jpg

260 parts

with its wide selection of weighs, this machine built most of the t800's chest, triceps and shoulders.

It provide firm base for inclined, flat, declined bench press and military press.

It can support T-800's weight in different positions and it is extremely stable.

Painted in yellow/black, with red cushions

t_bench.jpg

Movies:

Main movie:

Is separated in first part (1 minute) which is interview, and second part (4minutes) with training itself.

http://youtu.be/F7WIOq0zJhQ

Video of pull ups:

http://youtu.be/DSvoRR3816k

And Bench pressing:

http://youtu.be/U5EQf8tGiGI

Thanks for watching!

Railways Snow Plow Rescue

Hi,

I am new in this forum and just introduced myself in Community.

This is my entry for [TRIPLE] contest: a railways snow plow and a rescue train, made of a shunting locomotive and a railways crane, in years 1950 to 1960.

The railways snow plow is inspired from a real SNCF snow plow named "Pontarlier". It has 496 pieces. Its technical functions are the following ones:

- Power Function motorization with a medium motor

- transmission to axles through rods

- both propellers are also linked to medium motor

The shunting locomotive is type 030T (according to French denomination) and is typical from locomotives dedicated to branch lines, services in station or small private companies. It has 492 pieces. Its technical functions are the following ones:

- Power Function motorization with a medium motor

- coupling rods between axles

- motor rod

- the central axle is not a blind one; both wheels are independant and can move in a lateral way to accomodate curves.

The crane is a small railways crane and is from early twentieth century. It has 390 pieces. Its technical functions are the following ones:

- the crane can go up and down

- the hook can go up and down

Both are equipped with endless screws in order to maintain a constant height; they are of course independant.

- not really Technic: the crane is also equipped with stabilizers which can be folded and unfolded.

Link to photos:

http://www.brickshel...ry.cgi?f=536917

post-108990-0-51248700-1385895788_thumb.jpg

I am not very familiar with photos gallery and hope there's no mistake. I hope you will enjoy them!

Mini Loaders Team

Hi all!

Today I present you my the work to the competition. Due to limitations in detail i have the idea to create a miniature models, which would have many functions. So I turned to the large officialy sets with many features. Of the many options, I chose a set 8258 and the alternative model of 8071 set. But what will happen the third model, I thought? And remember thar 8258 have a saddle for trailer. So a third model was trailer.

hGjlpJ50Bwg.jpg

As you know, I decided to do mini-copies of two sets and trailer. I would also like to model different from each other in color and had a special function.

First I decided to do the heaviest model - up 8285. And I was able to replicate almost all the features such as:

- Steerinh by HOG

- Rear outriggers

- Turning the tap

- Tap decomposition in two stages

- Winch on crane

- Lock unwinding winch

SdLYSDVVF48.jpg

VzdDMHf6iGU.jpg

A4yfnudbvXg.jpg

Then, I made a trailer. It was the easiest task. Only two functions - sliding outriggers and cargo :)

7QoegXaLJ9k.jpg

PT1cl2DhblY.jpg

1FkzXe8pa8U.jpg

Finally, the work has come down to the last model. I had to think about how to make it compact. The construction took 2 days. I have kept most of the features of the original, but made ​​some changes.

Options:

- Control all the wheels

- Raising / lowering the boom

- Telescopic boom

- Control the angle of inclination of the fork

9tcka3UiqdY.jpg

9b6iYfRLIuc.jpg

TpWsnNAnn6E.jpg

More photo here: http://vk.com/album75824767_183349403

eZ-MBweXGjI.jpg

And... some funny video :)

Good luck!

Logging Truck Triple

Ok, here is my entry, got it finished this morning after all night build.

My triple consist of truck, removable log crane and trailer.

The truck and the crane work with remote PF. (except the outriggers on the crane are handled manually)

The truck:

dscn0319.jpg

dscn0314.jpg

The truck features forward/reverse (L-motor) and return to center steering by PF servo. In the truck are also located the cranes turntable and main boom motors (M&L). It uses maximum 500 parts, it was quite a challenge to do such large model with relatively small part count. I used LDD trough all the build, so it shouldn't exceed the max part count. I learned a LOT on optimizing and utilizing special technic parts.

I'm quite happy with appearance of it, and I like the cabin very much. All tho I had to tape few panels black cause I hadn't enough of them :(

But I think you hardly notice :)

The crane:

dscn0323.jpg

dscn0328.jpg

The crane features main boom, second boom, and fully operational claw. They work remotely. (one channel not used) Motors are M. It has also manual outriggers. Crane also uses all 500 parts.

The claw rotates using small turntable and claw closing action is fed trough it. The claw is synchronized so turning the claw won't affect much to closing action. The synchronization is done in the superstructure with system of gears and differential. In short, when the turning motor is driven, it also turns the the claw gears trough the stationary differential in opposite direction so the claw is almost unaffected (It was not possible to exactly match the gear ratios with small turntable). When claw motor is driven, is the differential turning and closing/opening the claw. Claw turning is not affected at all. I'm quite pleased with this brainchild. It could be used with any other application when turntable is causing undesired action.

Below is the crane with out battery case, so the system is visible:

(It's a poor picture, I don't know can you make any sense of it)

dscn0330.jpg

Finally the trailer:

dscn0332.jpg

dscn0333.jpg

Nothing special there, other than it uses "only" 453 parts :)

Finally, all working together:

dscn0341.jpg

dscn0342.jpg

Short video clip:

The Logging Truck -topic

I planned to take photos outside but due the lack of time and snowing weather (and not much light here in northern finland this time of year), I was not able to make outdoor photo shoots, sorry.

But hope you like my entry otherwise :)

Edited by Jim

I have closed the topic and thus the contest! There are some very nice creations. Overall the builds are pretty good, so my compliments. Well done and thanks for participating :thumbup:

Further information about voting will follow tomorrow.

Truck, Loader and Conveyor-Thingy

Here is my entry, albeit a little bit late (thanks for postponing the deadline!)

1024x576.jpg

The idea is for the loader to be able to continue digging, filling up the conveyor thingy, while the truck drives off with it's load. Then, when it comes back, one can just switch on the conveyor, and it will fill the truck, all the while the loader keeps digging and loading.

1024x576.jpg

The basic idea of the models are:

-a high factor of playability

-utilizing the different types of mechanical solutions available in the LEGO Technic system.

First, the conveyor:

1024x576.jpg

The motor you can see drives the main diagonal conveyor, geared down 1:24 for a smooth ride for the bricks. On the other side is a similar setup, but with a further 8:24 reduction to make the rubber tracks in the "trough" move at a slower speed, as to not overload the main conveyor. Misc techniques have been used to minimize the amount of pieces, like using long axles instead of multiple friction pins, etc etc. Solutions you would probably never see in an official set, but they serve their purpose here.

Next is the truck:

1024x576.jpg

As you might notice, I reduced the height of the tipping bed compared to the pictures in my WIP topic, to reduce the part count. This had the added side effect of making the truck better looking IMO. The truck utilizes two separate pneumatic circuits, one old style, and one new style, intending to show two ways of accomplishing the same thing.

It features:

-Openable doors

-Tilting cabin

-Ackerman steering geometry, HOG steering

-Lifting rear axle (small pneumatic cylinder)

-Dumping bed (long, old style pneumatic actuator), with hatch

-Inline-4 engine driven by differential from the 2nd axle

1024x576.jpg

1024x576.jpg

1024x576.jpg

Lastly, is the loader:

1024x576.jpg

1024x576.jpg

Again, with playability in mind, there is no HOG steering. You push it around, hand placed on the rear. This also lets you operate the electric digging functions with the same hand, by manipulating the two exhaust pipes on the back, using two fingers.

1024x576.jpg

It features:

-lifting boom from one L-motor placed vertically in the drivers cabin, and two LA's

-tipping shovel from one M-motor placed in the front, and one LA

-easily removable battery box (pulls out from the back)

WIP topic