Legonardo

Warlord Community Build

Nocturnus community build time!

Nocturnus is the dark part of Historica, and though historical records of Nocturnus’ past are scatted and inconsistent at best, it is widely known the various tribes and regions of Nocturnus were controlled by tyrannical warlords. This challenge is to show these legendary warlords from the past doing their thing!

It requires you to build in all 3 of the following stages, once stage 1 is complete; you may go on to stage 2, etc.

Here are the stages.

Stage 1

16x16 vig - Champion

Show us a warlord, give us his/her background and create a vig showcasing him/her!

The focus of this stage is figure itself and attention to detail in a small setting. Custom and aftermarket parts are totally and completely allowed.

Max size 16x16 or the equivalent 256 studs for those into irregular bases.

Stage 2

32x32 scene - Gang

Depict a scene of your champion and a gang carrying out mischief! Will they be ambushing travelers? Looting the rich? Looting the poor? Show us how bad your gang can get!

This stage gives you a bit more freedom, carrying on the focus from stage 1 with composition and ideas beginning to play a part.

Max size 32x32, or the equivalent 1024 studs for irregular bases

Stage 3

Unlimited scene - Raid/siege

Now show us who’s boss! Take your champion and set their armies free! Show a great battle from the past that really made a name for your warlord. Some ideas include a great siege on a castle, raiding a rival’s villages, or using your loot to buy new friends! It’s really your choice!

There’s heaps of freedom in this one, no size limit or restrictions, just make sure that it give your character the look of a warlord.

Once all 3 are completed you will receive the title "Legendary Warlord".

Edited by ZCerberus

Super awesome Community Build LD. Sorry it took a while to hash the timing of this out with Challnge 1 and all.

If you complete all three stages before end of day May 31, 2014 US Pacific time, you will be eligible to join the story team for Nocturnus when the civil war circles back to Nocty! The best overall participant will be selected by the core leaders.

This also means LD, you are totally able to participate in your own community build.

I also want to add that just because we are dealing with something a little less PG and even though this IS an AFOL site, and as subjective as it all is, please make sure we keep a certain level of appropriateness and taste here. I know it is a careful line to tread, but it would make me happy if these builds were awesome and not "disgusting"

Let's see some mayhem Guildsmen!

Hey good idea with this Legonardo/ZCerberus, I'll definitely participate in this. And could one of you please clarify if the Legendary Warlord title is for everyone who completes all three challenges, or for the winner/s of the challenges. Thank's guys.

Edit: Spelling.

Edited by The Architect

Hey good idea with this Legonardo/ZCerberus, I'll definitely participate in this. And could one of you please clarify if the Legendary Warlord title is for everyone who completes all three challenges, or for the winner/s of the challenges. Thank's guys.

Everyone who completes will get the title, but only the best overall set of MOCs will have the opportunity to join the story team.

Before anyone asks, your home build MUST be Nocturnus to receive the warlord title or get on the story team, but if you want to participate and you are not in the best guild, you can do so. You never know- you could get a new EB member title or something.

Everyone who completes will get the title, but only the best overall set of MOCs will have the opportunity to join the story team.

Before anyone asks, your home build MUST be Nocturnus to receive the warlord title or get on the story team, but if you want to participate and you are not in the best guild, you can do so. You never know- you could get a new EB member title or something.

Sweet as thanks Z.

Edit: Anyone started anything yet? I've finished Challenge B already and made a few plans for Challenge A. Also a few weeks ago I'd finished a medium-large build so I'll do it up and change it a little and that'll be my Challenge C :classic:!

Edited by The Architect

Looks great LD, hopefully I have time to enter. I'm looking forward to seeing what people come up with!

Nice jab in there to the rest of us. :laugh: But, this challenge looks great and I love that its more of a sigfig story/background type challenge.

I just realized that my Open Season build would fit perfectly for Stage 2 if I was a Nocturnus. If non-Nocturnus members participate, is a foreign warlord operating in Nocturnus count?

It is a known fact that ''foreign warlord'', equals spy. :wink: Yes I think it could count.

Well I'm not sure he would be considered a spy as he doesn't pretend to work for Nocturnus. He would be more of an invader warlord I'd say. Anyway I still would like a positive answer on this before I work any further.

Well Dr Rod is a bit late to the party and won't get this done in time, will stick to free builds I think.

Dr Rod

Oh man, title grubber! I guess you'll have to wait until 5/31 to know for sure!

Here are my first two. Third one won't be around for a while. Thanks for letting a Mitgardian have some dark fun!

Phase 1

Phase 2

Phase 3

Edited by mccoyed

Is this challenge still open?

It sounds like it to me!

And anyway, if it isn't, it would still be a great way to introduce your character.