Brig. Brick

Governor's house

[pid][/pid]238D

Hi everyone, it's been a while, have to say, I've been lurking eurobricks, but since a while I haven't, an now I found this new skin (well at least new for me), its great! congrats for the hard work, looks awesome!, more atractive, great design, a great place for a "ye olde" pirate hunter like me!

without further delay: the governor's house of _________ (put a name of the city here*)

img_0487.jpg

gated entry, separate stables, three floors, and is not for sale :pir-angry:

img_0490.jpg

img_0491.jpg

img_0492.jpg

img_0495.jpg

img_0496.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------- Split -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

img_0511.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------- Entrance -------------------------------------------------------------------------

The garden.... a little fountain, flowers, bench... also a couple of frogs

img_0497.jpg

img_0514.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------- First floor ------------------------------------------------------------------------

dinner room: kitchen-cellar, turkey, cheese and wine... also works as a meeting room in "war times"

img_0500.jpg

img_0516.jpg

The stable

img_0502.jpg

img_0513.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------- Second floor ---------------------------------------------------------------------

The office

img_0506.jpg

img_0526.jpg

.... also the library and the terrace

img_0505.jpg

img_0527.jpg

Science!!! our maps are based in the stars that we can see in the sky!

img_0515.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------- Thirth floor ---------------------------------------------------------------------

Main Room

img_0530.jpg

and the other room.... well, the "Book Room"

img_0529.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------- The place in the Town ---------------------------------------------------------

img_0549.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------- END -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

as usual, comments and critics are always welcome, BUT.... you can also be part of the "silly short contest of this post":

:classic: 1-what could be the name of the town? (*)

:laugh: 2-what should be the name of that book?, the one that deserve a hole room!

:wacko: 3-what would be the best way to choose the winner of this silly contest?

please, put your answers in order!

happy bricking!

[bloggedcp][/bloggedcp]

Edited by Capt. Stabbin
Blogged

This is a beautiful MOC with lots of great details, and given the apparent size, you did a great job and I must say that I love that awning! Now...

1. Tristram

2. Pirata Codex

3. Pick a number between 1 and ____

Edited by Warspite03

Well, now that I could study more closely your pic's, I got 2 little comments that could be used to improve this already awesome MOC! :)

1st, the base floor could look a lot better with a tiled floor, even better a 2 color one, (black and white for example), since the dark gray makes it look a little like a dungeon... just a little..

2nd, a nice window in the roof would look great both from the outside, and specially from the inside, since the roof color is black, it darkens a little the room's enviroment (from the 3rd floor..), but with the brightness that brings a window, everything would look diferent!

Now for your little contest:

1. Nueva Brickia

2. The Governor's Secret Diary pirate_laugh2.gif

3. I don't know, just pick whatever you like the most :P

Overall, as I told you before, a really nice MOC pirate_classic.gif

Yes, I'd live here but only if you landscaped the garden more. I'd like some palm trees in the front yard if that's not too much trouble.

Also, please install a toilet.

thanks to all the comments!....nevertheless, very few names for the town!

1. Tristram

2. Pirata Codex

1. where is Griswold?

2. the governor with the codex...? about the size of the book, It could be the "Codex Gigas".... so Diablo can be happy in Tristam!

1st, the base floor could look a lot better with a tiled floor, even better a 2 color one, (black and white for example), since the dark gray makes it look a little like a dungeon... just a little..

img_0593.jpg

img_0597.jpg

img_0594.jpg

done!... I think

2nd, a nice window in the roof would look great both from the outside, and specially from the inside, since the roof color is black, it darkens a little the room's enviroment (from the 3rd floor..), but with the brightness that brings a window, everything would look diferent!

technically possible, physically really hard to achieve, so I did simulated something:

img_0590.jpg}

img_0591.jpg

it didn't add nothing of light to the room, so I'm in a debate if that window should stay or not... opinions about that, are always welcome

Now for your little contest:

1. Nueva Brickia

2. The Governor's Secret Diary pirate_laugh2.gif

1. I like the "Nueva Brickia", sound very plausible with the phrase: "Eldorado fortress, located near the town Nueva Brickia..."

2. what kind of secrets demands such big book?

Yes, I'd live here but only if you landscaped the garden more. I'd like some palm trees in the front yard if that's not too much trouble.

Also, please install a toilet.

about the palms, they are too big, and demand much space

and, about the toilet.... you already have it...

img_0596.jpg

left for #1 and the right one for #2 pirate_laugh_new.gif

and, about the toilet.... you already have it...

img_0596.jpg

I see... Given the expression on the minifig's face, these appear to have been recently used...

The window looks nice from the outside, but I think its really small to light anything inside...

Nice job on the tiled kitchen and living room, it improved a lot!

I see... Given the expression on the minifig's face, these appear to have been recently used...

they are supposed to be trans-clear pots... really a nasty business

The window looks nice from the outside, but I think its really small to light anything inside...

no chance of light at all, with or without that window, it's just simulated. the roof is still as one big plate!

Wow the governor is really living it up big. I like how you made the building into a modular style and I like the balcony overlooking the courtyard.