Sign in to follow this  
Emma

Nocturnus Tribes: Swamp Faeries

~o☼o~ Swamp Faeries ~o☼o~

The Swamp Faeries (or "Forested Wet Land" Faeries if you prefer) live in family groups throughout the Moruth Swamplands, and make their homes out of the hollows of dead trees. They are quite shy, and are rarely seen except by those unfortunate enough to have their hands or feet bitten off by their double row of razor sharp teeth (they love the crunch of little bones).

10235474866_5db334e491_o.jpg

10235481335_0bc7447942.jpg

A picture of the swamp by itself:

10235379514_9304f2bd88_o.jpg

I thought I'd give a swamp moc a try...

Incredible! One of the best concepts and builds! Love the colors and those things are... creepy! :wink:

I really like the tribe contest, it really gets people become truely creative!

They are so cool! Great build. I think they will make perfect moving targets for the training of new archers!

Awesome forested wet land! The faeries are nice and creepy, I think it's the size of the heads! Certainly wouldn't want to run into them on a dark night! Awesome entry!

Excellent work capturing a swampy atmosphere :thumbup: The texture of the landscape is excellent and I like how many different colors you incorporated. Spooky (and creative :thumbup: ) use of the fairy wings :classic:

Well, those are plenty disturbing... Great addition to Nocturnus for sure!

Though the focus of these is supposed to be the tribe, I wish I could see a bit more water on the base.

Thanks everyone!

They are so cool! Great build. I think they will make perfect moving targets for the training of new archers!

Aww, you would use these sweet little things for target practice?

I wish I could see a bit more water on the base.

You're totally right - here is a (slightly blurry) shot from a slightly higher angle so more of the water is visible...but I think I see what you mean - maybe extending the water to the left more, and adding in another little pond to the area on the right, or dialing back on the foliage a bit, would better balance the ground-to-water ratio and make the overall build look more swampy... I'll remember to keep this in mind with future swamp builds, thanks!

Edited by Emma

...shy? SHY? Well, I don't think we'll ever know, cause I sure will run the other way as soon as I spot these little critters :laugh:

Now we got Noctornian Faeries! I can't express how big a smile this build has brought to my face :grin: The colors are bright, the swamp really looks alive, but when you look closer at the cute little winged creatures... *huh*

Hahaha, awesome, awesome tribe!

Twisted and creepy = quintessentially Nocturnian!

Well done!

Definitely a species that only fits in Nocturnus. But is a very nice change of pace from the normal baddies you find in the region.

Awesome tribe - love the creativity in these and they fit into your built environment really well. Your presentation really pops as well! :thumbup: