Hi,

I just downloaded the measurements page from the Technic website, and it shows a dark tan axle 5L with a stop. Is this a new (unknown) axle? Or is it a wrong file and it should be a 4L tan axle with a round middle.

Or was I just laying under a rock last months? :grin:

It's new to me!

Tan to indicate a new length?

Nice part BTW! And nice find.

Nice find! :thumbup: It's new to me too, although it might just be like the nonexistent part on the Lego Education site...

I think it's kind of dumb. Not that I don't appreciate a new part, but I'm afraid that in no-time we will have axles 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 12, AND axles 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 12 with stop, AND axle 4 with cylinder section AND axle 3 with stud AND axle 5.5 with stop.

It gives me a "Haven't we got enough types of axles already?" like feeling.

I guess they're small enough Lego thinks people can't contact past 3. I don't know. I can look at the piece and tell what length without counting.

I guess they're small enough Lego thinks people can't contact past 3. I don't know. I can look at the piece and tell what length without counting.

True, but the 'younger' generation amongst us can't do that ... not yet. If you have kids, ask your 7-year old to pick a 7L axle without checking :classic:

It's new to me!

Tan to indicate a new length?

Nice part BTW! And nice find.

Most likely, and just speculating, tan for the ODD lengths and dark gray (brown?) for the EVEN lengths ... for easy differentiation.

Most likely, and just speculating, tan for the ODD lengths and dark gray (brown?) for the EVEN lengths ... for easy differentiation.

That's what I meant....sort of.

Unless they plan to phase out older axles and replace with new designs. Someone might know more but I'm seeing less black axles and more grey.

H

Same here.

H

So, anyone maybe knows if this part will make its appearence in the 2014 sets?

Zblj is right, a 6L stop axle would be more logical, I've needed one of those many more times than a 5L one.