XimenaPaulina

Post your general LEGO Star Wars questions here

If you look at the following picture you will see it's the "fat end" thats the front

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080121184533/starwars/images/2/25/Juggernaut_ICS.jpg/

That fact's actually debated, because schematics for the A5 Juggernaut (the CW edition, A6's are used in RotS) label the skinny end as the 'Forward Command' section.

A quick question.

How come Lego only have a few types of Rebels? There are really about 20 different types of rebels, snipers, heavy trooper, etc.

But Lego only made Snow, and regular.

That would be my guess. Sure, we know which blasters go to clones, which go to stormtroopers, what goes to Han Solo... but a lot of people don't. So, a lot of kids aren't going to care that they have Princess Leia waving around a DC-15 blaster.

Also, it's a sorting nightmare- I'm sure there would be plenty of screwups in which the wrong blasters go into the wrong set.

Also mold costs. Going along with the universality theme, Lego is a business. If they invest in a mold they want to ammortizw the cost. AKA milk the crap out of it. Hence new Boba Fett helmet thus becomes mandalores.

Also, I think some of the "realistic" guns from Star Wars would have some sharp, or fragile parts on them, making it dangerous for kids to use.

Yeah. The main reason that heads like Plo Koon's are rubber is because his rebreather has sharp edges, which pose a hazard of swallowed.

A quick question.

How come Lego only have a few types of Rebels? There are really about 20 different types of rebels, snipers, heavy trooper, etc.

They aren't supporting characters that appear for sufficient amounts of time in movies to appear in a set. We don't have Airborne Troopers, Blaze Troopers, Stealth Clones, Magma Troopers, Underwater Troopers, Space Troopers, Clone Engineers....

A quick question.

In the movies you don't see so many different kinds... Tantive IV rebels, Hoth troopers, Orange suit pilots, engineers, Endor cammo troopers.... and those have already been made by TLG. By your designation I assume you refer to the troopers on the videogames? Even tho Battlefront and all those games are a huge hit, they are not 100% faithful to the movie canon. So you can see some sets based on EU with different minifigs, but I don't know if it would be a good bet for TLG, for the mainstream target.

On the Clone Turbo Tank, which side is the front? I always figured it was the thinner end, with the "neck", because it looked more like a head. But it looked like Lego wanted the front to be the fat end, since that is the end facing you on the box. And in RotS, i think in one brief moment they were seen rolling around on Kashyyk and the fat end was going first.

I agree with BrickDoctor. It is quite debated but I like the fat end personally.

Hm, OK, I can understand why TLC would want to make a universal gun, but what about the pistols? IMO, all the pistols in SW look the same and TLC's doesn't match up to it too much...

Not really. Han as a very different pistol than Jango or Cad Bane. A lot of the pistols are customised, and the ones that aren't are still very different. To make a new pistol for each person would be rediculus, so LEGO just stick to blasters (Which make horrible pistols, IMO) or DC-17 pistola (Which are only for clones).

I agree with BrickDoctor. It is quite debated but I like the fat end personally.

Actually, the thin end is the front, after all, why else would they have the cockpit up there? :tongue:

Actually, the thin end is the front, after all, why else would they have the cockpit up there? default_tong.gif

It was just clarified that the fat end is front. Check the link.

It was just clarified that the fat end is front. Check the link.

If you want it to be like EpIII (A6 juggernaut), its the fat end but if you are a clone wars (A5 jugger) guy, its the thin end

Also I have a question...Are the magnet minifigures the same as normal or are they 'chinese made'?

Edited by ceroknight

If you want it to be like EpIII (A6 juggernaut), its the fat end but if you are a clone wars (A5 jugger) guy, its the thin end

Also I have a question...Are the magnet minifigures the same as normal or are they 'chinese made'?

Chinese made :hmpf_bad:

Yes they are, the appearance is the exact same, just the head has less resistance on the neck. and usually on the neck there is a little black mark. on the magnet sets that isnt there. As for any of them that include lightsabers, the part of the hilt where the blade goes in isnt silvered (is that a word?) its just white.

but something I observed today. I just got Greivous' Starfighter and I find it annoying how on the box it shows him holding all 4 lightsabers upright, but the extra 2 arms dont go on that way forcing him to hold the other 2 sideways. I find this irritating how TLC often does that.

but something I observed today. I just got Greivous' Starfighter and I find it annoying how on the box it shows him holding all 4 lightsabers upright, but the extra 2 arms dont go on that way forcing him to hold the other 2 sideways. I find this irritating how TLC often does that.

Yeah you're right, there seems to be a discrepancy in the extra arms of GG shown in the box vs. the actual arms of GG in the set. The arms shown in the box are of these types, which enable holding the lightsabers in an upright position, while the actual arms of GG in the set are these perpendicular ones, which can't hold 2 of the sabers in upright position. It's really weird for TLG to miss on this detail.

4953009313_9d2f02b602.jpg

Could some one point me in the direction to a parts list for 4504 Millenium Falcon? I read my manual but there is no parts list in it. I want to replace the tan bricks/plates and elements to grey. Also what is the part number for a 2x1 dual clip? It is the part from my ISD playset that holds the lower bridge part together. The 4504 uses two 1x1 horizontal clips side by side and those clip onto a 2x1 with a bar. This creates the hinge for the triangular plates that make up the top surface.

I don't have my MF with me as it is in my new apt. I want to order the replacement parts. Also I rather not count the pieces physically.

Could some one point me in the direction to a parts list for 4504 Millenium Falcon? I read my manual but there is no parts list in it. I want to replace the tan bricks/plates and elements to grey. Also what is the part number for a 2x1 dual clip? It is the part from my ISD playset that holds the lower bridge part together. The 4504 uses two 1x1 horizontal clips side by side and those clip onto a 2x1 with a bar. This creates the hinge for the triangular plates that make up the top surface.

I don't have my MF with me as it is in my new apt. I want to order the replacement parts. Also I rather not count the pieces physically.

http://www.peeron.com/inv/sets/4504-1

Hope that helps, you can find parts lists for a lot of sets on there, and also lists the part number next to the part- I think the number for the part you're looking for is 48336. Hope this is what you're looking for!

Yeah you're right, there seems to be a discrepancy in the extra arms of GG shown in the box vs. the actual arms of GG in the set. The arms shown in the box are of these types, which enable holding the lightsabers in an upright position, while the actual arms of GG in the set are these perpendicular ones, which can't hold 2 of the sabers in upright position. It's really weird for TLG to miss on this detail.

[snip]

It't like on the box for the Temple of Doom set, where TLG 'shopped Short Round into the mine car- in reality, each car can only hold two 'figs.

http://www.peeron.com/inv/sets/4504-1

Hope that helps, you can find parts lists for a lot of sets on there, and also lists the part number next to the part- I think the number for the part you're looking for is 48336. Hope this is what you're looking for!

Thanks that helps a lot!!! Now time to make a shopping list. Are the piece numbers universal? They should be the same from S@H or bricklink right?

Are the piece numbers universal? They should be the same from S@H or bricklink right?

They are. :classic:

Beat me to it Brickdoctor! One thing to note though, occasionally they might have a bit extra on the end to designate a coulour, certain print etc, but apart from that they're all universal :)

4953009313_9d2f02b602.jpg

Luckily we get two curved droid arms as extras, those are what I replaced the extra 2 arms with. (Still looks good actually)

Luckily we get two curved droid arms as extras, those are what I replaced the extra 2 arms with. (Still looks good actually)

Not a bad idea. That brings the arms in closer to the body, too, since the standard arms are shorter than the GG arms.

When do you guys think LEGO will make ghost versions of yoda, obi-wan and anakin?

Uhmm, there's no concrete answer but the simplest will probably be when TLG decides to release an Endor celebration-based set, where these three jedi ghosts appeared. But I highly doubt how TLG will create these ghostly figures, as transparent minifigs are very hard and expensive to create, AFAIK. All-white MFs (like the white Boba) might be the best way to go.

Anyone living in Holland that might be able to help me acquire the 2 new superpacks?

Found this.

And more pics here.

And I found another Hoth Superpack here.

Links one and three go to Dutch pages, translated to English for your convenience. :classic:

Please! :classic: