XimenaPaulina

Post your general LEGO Star Wars questions here

1 hour ago, RogueTwo said:

Do folks think we’ll see a new B-Wing in 2020, be it Rebels, OT, or TROS?

I’d really like an affordable version, but the one from 2014 commands a relatively high aftermarket price given that the set was, objectively, pretty bad...

It's possible, but personally I doubt it. It just seems like it's not a very popular ship. I also doubt it would be much better than the 2014 version.

Coincidentally, I'm actually working on Kozikyo86's B-Wing right now. It might be worth looking into MOCs if you're really interested in a B-Wing.

Hey guys, what do you think about my own Death Star Detention Block AA-23 with Prisoner Cell Diorama MOC built of LEGO bricks: 

o_1dv1jaedi1uetinbnc1op7110j12.png

o_1dv1jaedi1telnm414gs1ghp16fp13.png

o_1dv1jaedibk01g6m1210bqfc7f14.png

o_1dv1k04lr10gm1ghqnu61b1h1is425.jpg

o_1dv1k04lr10gm1ghqnu61b1h1is425.jpg

o_1dv1jaedi1d0ss59tfco5n10df11.png

I don’t want to promote my build in any way, I just want to get feedback from LEGO SW fans, to improve the build or make more accurate changes :). 

Edited by TheCreatorr

I don't see how advertising an MOC is considered a "General SW Question"... 

Edited by Evergreen

This is more of a rant than a question but,

Over the years, Lego has been getting more and more accurate when it comes to Star Wars minifigures. Whether it's the color palate, molds, or even printing updates, figures were getting pretty impressive.

The peak to me was in the age of 2014-2016, when we got the new OT Stormtrooper, the new Snowtroopers, Rebel Commandos, and Hoth Rebel Troopers. We even got distinct jumpsuits for X-Wing and Snowspeeder Pilots. Then came 2019. We got an excellent update to the Scout Trooper, which was long overdo, but they reverted the Hoth Rebels back to their dark tan phase, and now Hoth Pilots were given Yavin jumpsuits. The came the Stormtrooper mold, which, love it or hate it, was unnecessary. My question is, why does Lego not pay as much attention to detail as they once did? Theron Nett's head (from 2014) would've made a perfect Wedge face (as he's generally serious/cautious), but they give us the overused Dak face on pretty much every pilot that's not Luke. Personality isn't even a factor (for instance, Janson I didn't mind, as he's a goofy character).

Will Lego return to it's detailed approached? Or will we continue to get lazy design choices? This mostly applies to the OT figures, and mainly troops, but even Boba Fett's just an Angry Clone now instead of the Suave Clone we got in his UCS Slave I.

Have you guys noticed this as well? If so, what are your thoughts?

I'm trying to get a clone wars collection going without breaking the bank (Right now it consists of about 10 clones from all different phases/legions and about twice that in b1s, with no vehicles.) All the main desirable ships (gunship, at-te, even stuff like the AV-7) is pretty expensive. If anyone has rex's AT-TE, Do you know what the cost would be to mod it into a normal republic one? It seems to just be removing some plates and swapping out a leg, but I don't have the set.

13 hours ago, ARC2149Nova said:

This is more of a rant than a question but,

Over the years, Lego has been getting more and more accurate when it comes to Star Wars minifigures. Whether it's the color palate, molds, or even printing updates, figures were getting pretty impressive.

The peak to me was in the age of 2014-2016, when we got the new OT Stormtrooper, the new Snowtroopers, Rebel Commandos, and Hoth Rebel Troopers. We even got distinct jumpsuits for X-Wing and Snowspeeder Pilots. Then came 2019. We got an excellent update to the Scout Trooper, which was long overdo, but they reverted the Hoth Rebels back to their dark tan phase, and now Hoth Pilots were given Yavin jumpsuits. The came the Stormtrooper mold, which, love it or hate it, was unnecessary. My question is, why does Lego not pay as much attention to detail as they once did? Theron Nett's head (from 2014) would've made a perfect Wedge face (as he's generally serious/cautious), but they give us the overused Dak face on pretty much every pilot that's not Luke. Personality isn't even a factor (for instance, Janson I didn't mind, as he's a goofy character).

Will Lego return to it's detailed approached? Or will we continue to get lazy design choices? This mostly applies to the OT figures, and mainly troops, but even Boba Fett's just an Angry Clone now instead of the Suave Clone we got in his UCS Slave I.

Have you guys noticed this as well? If so, what are your thoughts?

I think I simply don't share your view that the general trend has come to an end.

Instead, recent minifigures - e. g. the mandalorians from 75267, Mace Windu from 75199, Anakin from 75214 etc. - came with decent level of detail, always surpassing that of previous versions.

I think though that there is an issue, but it's not "detail", but about "design choices" in a broader sense, which is something different.

Let's thake the mandalorians. They have a high level of detail, the colors are very strong, not so dark and gritty as in the show. They look more like something that Sabine Wren would have painted. Thus, the colors may not be "accurate" (= "as in the show"). But I think that's because they are Lego and because they are meant to look colourful.

Other design choices, however, are very odd to me, e. g. the new stormtrooper mold. The helmet itself looks somehow better than ist previous version. Like the snowtrooper helmet, it looks more badass and less neat than ist previous versions. However, I find that ist overall size is too huge, and that it makes the minifig as a whole look awkward. (Especially when a backpack is added as it is the case for sandtroopers. Since backpacks are attached placed under the neck rather than to the neck, backpacks make minifigs taller, which I don't like.) I do not hate it, but besides the one set I got, I will not buy further sets containing stormtroopers, which means no stormtrooper army for me in the foreseeable future.

To me, these design choices are pretty much a matter of preference rather than accuracy. That's because the proportions of Lego minifig differ from that of real human bodies. So to me, designing a great minifig is about capturing real-world aspects of a character and translating it into Lego. Apparently, it's not an easy task, and not everyone will be satisfied with choices that are and have to be made.

Edited by Brickadeer

6 hours ago, Brickadeer said:

I think I simply don't share your view that the general trend has come to an end.

Instead, recent minifigures - e. g. the mandalorians from 75267, Mace Windu from 75199, Anakin from 75214 etc. - came with decent level of detail, always surpassing that of previous versions.

I think though that there is an issue, but it's not "detail", but about "design choices" in a broader sense, which is something different.

I suppose that's true. I personally don't mind the new Stormtrooper helmet either, and there are been plenty of good minifigures still being released. I suppose my question would be better directed at the specific setting: Hoth. While other figures are getting better and better in design, the Hoth figures have just digressed imo. I would love more Hoth Rebels like the ones in Assault on Hoth, for example, but I feel that Lego will more likely try to pass off the Action Battle ones in future sets. Even though I did like the tan design from 2010-2013, the white and grey design is just so much better. The Snowtroopers are odd, since maybe a backpack and kama will make them pretty good. But the pilots are where I get confused.

Yavin Pilots (and by extension, Rebel Pilots in general), have sleeker uniforms, black gloves, smaller collar, the "bullets" on the legs. Hoth Pilots have larger white pads, a puffier collar, white gloves, and no bullet straps. But Luke and Dak in the 20th Snowspeeder, and Wedge in the 4+ Snowspeeder all have Yavin/Endor/etc uniforms, and not Hoth.

My last issue is a broader one, while most helmeted troopers are now Angry Clones, all Rebel Pilots are now Dak Ralters. I wouldn't mind it as much if they mixed it up with the Theron Nett head from 2014, giving us both where possible, but other than the lone female variant, most Pilots are the same guy. It kinda sucks honestly. It wouldn't bother me such much if Lego didn't already have the perfect Hoth figures to use. Heck, the UCS Snowspeeder gave us two excellent Hoth Pilots, and they were distinct from Dutch Vander in the UCS Y-Wing.

6 hours ago, Brickadeer said:

One short question: What blue would better fit to 501st Lego trooper, blue or dark blue?

Depends on if it's from TCW or ROTS. In the umbara arc, which the figures are based on, it's clearly blue, even in the dark setting of the arc. In ROTS, it's more of a dark blue.

Any suggestions for adding to my clone and storm trooper army? I've looked on bricklink and most people only have 1 or 2, at that rate I'll pay more in shipping than anything. 

44 minutes ago, murtaughf3 said:

Any suggestions for adding to my clone and storm trooper army? I've looked on bricklink and most people only have 1 or 2, at that rate I'll pay more in shipping than anything. 

Have you ever used the "Highest Quantity" search option? I use it frequently. It helps you find lots with massive amounts of Clones and Stormies for sale. That or eBay lots (just pay close attention to figure details, so as not to get mix n matched figures)

5 minutes ago, ARC2149Nova said:

Have you ever used the "Highest Quantity" search option? I use it frequently. It helps you find lots with massive amounts of Clones and Stormies for sale. That or eBay lots (just pay close attention to figure details, so as not to get mix n matched figures)

I've been searching by price, and try to stay close to average and in the US if possible. I've ran across a few that have larger numbers, but they are asking anywhere from $1-3 over 6 month average sold. I'm trying to stay around the 6 month average. When I've needed brick I usually look for a store with a few figs and then see if they have the brick I need to help save on shipping. My army is coming along, just a little slow. Might have to start spending little more. 

Personally I find its often easier and cheaper to buy the component parts and then put the figures together,  I've built up a lot of Phase 1 Clones and Rebel Troopers that way - it's amazing how often the same seller has multiples of heads, torsos and legs, or at least decent numbers of some element.  Usually for the Phase 1 clones its the later helmet that's more expensive and not as common, but I still find I'm able to make up an average of three troopers out of the individual parts for the same price as buying a single complete figure (usually 4/5 for the price of the newest Phase 1 with the leg printing).  Plus I'm buying printing legs for my clones as this is a way cheaper way of doing that.  Its also a good way to then match up figures with parts bought from Customs - I bought a load of printed arms from FST and it was very cheap to then pick up clone trooper torsos to fit them into.   I'd say that probably 40 out of the last 50 clones I've got are made up of the component parts v's buying as completed figures.  Rebel troopers are much cheaper to buy but again as I'm swapping out the legs for printed ones its still surprising how cheap you can put a figure together.

Edited by Hold0511
Typo

15 hours ago, Brickadeer said:

Personally, I'd wait for new sets and an increase in supply.

That's what I'm doing right now. I've got nearly nothing for my prequel collection, but I'm waiting until the august wave of TCW to start collecting in earnest.

17 hours ago, murtaughf3 said:

I've been searching by price, and try to stay close to average and in the US if possible. I've ran across a few that have larger numbers, but they are asking anywhere from $1-3 over 6 month average sold. I'm trying to stay around the 6 month average. When I've needed brick I usually look for a store with a few figs and then see if they have the brick I need to help save on shipping. My army is coming along, just a little slow. Might have to start spending little more. 

That's the crux of it, if you have a higher supply you can charge more. I was just looking at this for clones, and the highest quantities are charging over $11 for clones, when sellers with one or two charge about $3 each.

Hey guys, quick question (I hope)!

In the 2020 forum there was a bit of a discussion about the possibilities of a 501st battleback ever happening and the claim from TLC regarding it was mentioned.
But I would just like one thing clarified: the response from TLC stating a 501st battlepack won't happen (for a very long while) is specifically about a battlepack, correct?
Meaning, 501st minifigures can still appear individually (or in pairs or whatever) in regular sets? Or was that off the table as well?

Thanks for any answers!

Regards,
Mitch

19 minutes ago, CF Mitch said:

Hey guys, quick question (I hope)!

In the 2020 forum there was a bit of a discussion about the possibilities of a 501st battleback ever happening and the claim from TLC regarding it was mentioned.
But I would just like one thing clarified: the response from TLC stating a 501st battlepack won't happen (for a very long while) is specifically about a battlepack, correct?
Meaning, 501st minifigures can still appear individually (or in pairs or whatever) in regular sets? Or was that off the table as well?

Thanks for any answers!

Regards,
Mitch

I'd find it odd if Lego officially excluded the possibility of such a battle pack.

Anyway, single 501st troopers (TCW style) were released in two sets in 2013.

edit:

That's the only official statement I found. Here, the possibility of a 501st BP is not excluded.

Lego_501.jpg

Edited by Brickadeer

Oh, huh. That's a lot less definitive than I was made to believe... God bless internet, I guess :wacko:

Thanks for your replay, in any case!

Regards,
Mitch

On 1/27/2020 at 11:08 AM, TheCreatorr said:

Hey guys, what do you think about my own Death Star Detention Block AA-23 with Prisoner Cell Diorama MOC built of LEGO bricks: 

I don’t want to promote my build in any way, I just want to get feedback from LEGO SW fans, to improve the build or make more accurate changes :). 

Hey TheCreatorr, it needs garbage chute... a least an circular angled port for escape.

Edited by PusH

10 hours ago, PusH said:

Hey TheCreatorr, it needs garbage chute... a least an circular angled port for escape.

@PusH There is a garbage chute in my diorama (unfortunately I couldn't render the pics with more lighting :grin:), specifically inside the Prison Corridor (grid-opening). You can remove the grid and by that, you reveal a small chute, that is big enough to fit a minifigure inside, as well as some modified plates with grips, to indicate the blasted grid when Leia shot on it. The inner walls of the chute also includes some brown colours, to represent garbage. 

Has anyone bricklinked the Republic Dropship and/or the AT-OT? I'm wondering of one or the other is easy to do or if there are some expensive parts. 

Thanks! 

Edited by Seaber

18 hours ago, Seaber said:

Has anyone bricklinked the Republic Dropship and/or the AT-OT? I'm wondering of one or the other is easy to do or if there are some expensive parts. 

Thanks! 

I have bricklinked the Dropship a few years back. I think in total it cost me about €150 (shipping include) to get all the parts, stickers excluded. The most difficult parts back then where the dark blue bricks and some of the bigger white parts like 4515.

I did however modify the design so its not a 100% representative compared to the original model. 

Here you can see my design, its more in line with the 2013 Gunship.

https://oi1062.photobucket.com/albums/t498/Cyberfounder/LAATc 10195_zpsxiid5dym.png

Edited by Cyberfounder

Weird question for you tonight. The last few days I saw the arctic ice crawler 60192 on clearance at more than 30% off. I'm not really a fan of orange, but looking at the shape of the thing I wondered how difficult would it be in your opinion to turn it -adding pieces, of course- into something resembling an AV7 Clone Artillery to go with some bomb squad clones? I'm mainly asking because the siren call of discount lego is calling and needs to be silenced in some way, either by buying or by acknoweldging that it's not a worthy purchase :D