KielDaMan

Post your general LEGO Star Wars questions here

Recommended Posts

Hey everyone, I was wondering do you think I should hold out and see if a new Jabba’s Palace comes out in the next couple of years or should I buy the most recent iteration off EBay?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are no new movies for the next several years so it's likely we'll get more sets from the OT and PT than we have seen in the last 4-5 years. There was some faux-controversy about the last version of the set but I doubt that would dissuade LEGO from doing another one. My guess is they would go smaller (little vignette scene, maybe of Han in Carbonite on the wall) or larger (Betrayal at Cloud City-sized) than what they did before. Or both.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/11/2019 at 12:03 PM, jdubbs said:

There are no new movies for the next several years so it's likely we'll get more sets from the OT and PT than we have seen in the last 4-5 years. There was some faux-controversy about the last version of the set but I doubt that would dissuade LEGO from doing another one. My guess is they would go smaller (little vignette scene, maybe of Han in Carbonite on the wall) or larger (Betrayal at Cloud City-sized) than what they did before. Or both.

IGiven that Betrayal at Cloud City does not seem to be selling great (Amazon has it on sale again) I have to assume that Jabba's Palace (which isn't a very kid-friendly place, anyway) would not be made into a giant playset.  I do think those $20-30 mini-location sets seem to be selling really well.  I think you're right that Han in Carbonite would make an ideal focus, but they might have to push up to price point a bit to include, you know, Jabba, himself.

Side-note: Your comment just gave me some hope that we'll see some more really good Rogue One sets.  I know they can't be too popular among little kids, but it still makes me slightly sad that since 2016, we've only gotten two sets (Darth Vader's Castle and the Tantive IV) with Rogue One elements, and neither was really Rogue One-based.  The Castle was a tie-in to Vader Immortal, and the Tantive IV could have been A New Hope-based, were it not for the telltale Bail Organa minifigure. 

I have a question: In light of the supposed retirement dates that were posted on Rebelscum, does anyone think the Tantive IV, which is supposedly on its way out at the end of 2020, might get a slight sale this Brick Friday/Cyber Monday?  I've been wanting to buy it for a long time, but it seems silly not to wait until November if I can.  :wink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I doubt it. It's still very new, and usually only the sets that are nearing retirement are marked down. Probably Cloud City will be marked down, but that's the only Star Wars D2C that seems close to being discontinued. Tantive IV wouldn't normally go on sale until Force Friday 2020 (if there is one), or possibly May the Fourth if lucky.

And, retirement dates are subject to change when they're this far out. If the Tantive continues to sell well into next year, they could easily extend its lifespan to the following year, as they did with Slave 1, the Death Stars, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I bought the UCS Imperial Shuttle last week and it arrived yesterday, sadly six of the white nosecone-pieces (4566529) are a bit yellow (Probably from the sun). Any tip on getting them white again?

Does chlorine work or i will destroy the piece?

Light polishing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To be honest I find polishing only buffs out scratches - once a white piece has gone yellow I replace it with new or good condition replacements from bricklink, especially when they are decent prices.  I've tried various cleaning materials and they either remove the coating and leave it whiter but dull or erode the surface too much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lexington said:

I bought the UCS Imperial Shuttle last week and it arrived yesterday, sadly six of the white nosecone-pieces (4566529) are a bit yellow (Probably from the sun). Any tip on getting them white again?

Does chlorine work or i will destroy the piece?

Light polishing?

Peroxide in the Sun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The weird thing is that its only those corner-nosecone-parts thats turned yellow, the other nosepieces är White as snow!

I will try peroxide and sun, only problem is that the sun isnt very strong this time of the year in northern europe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are a few threads on this site about "de-yellowing" if you want to search for more information and experiences

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello. I am sure this has likely been asked before, so my apologies for bringing it up again. But I was just wondering if someone can enlighten me on the likelihood of a UCS Sandcrawler from Episode IV? I am contemplating buying the 75059 Sandcrawler (which I assume is the best so far). If lads think its very likely,...a UCS Sandcrawler will be in the offing in the short/medium term,....Ill hold off.

Once again, my apologies if this has come up before.

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PBRStreetgang said:

Hello. I am sure this has likely been asked before, so my apologies for bringing it up again. But I was just wondering if someone can enlighten me on the likelihood of a UCS Sandcrawler from Episode IV? I am contemplating buying the 75059 Sandcrawler (which I assume is the best so far). If lads think its very likely,...a UCS Sandcrawler will be in the offing in the short/medium term,....Ill hold off.

Once again, my apologies if this has come up before.

Thanks.

Virtually zero percent chance there will be another UCS Sandcrawler any time soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

Virtually zero percent chance there will be another UCS Sandcrawler any time soon.

OK,...thank you very much jdubbs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/18/2019 at 9:23 PM, Davenocheese said:

Is there a particular area on Eurobricks for posting sales/deals per region? 

John Lewis in the UK currently have Betrayal at Cloud City for £225 but if you use code LEGO40 at the checkout, you get £40 off bringing the total to £185 (€215 in Ireland). 

https://www.johnlewis.com/lego-star-wars-75222-betrayal-at-cloud-city/p3893073

In the buy/sell forum there's one specifically for UK I believe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey folks.  As you can see by my post count, I am pretty new here.  Anyway I read the initial post and it seemed somewhat opened ended for asking questions but was wondering if this is the place or if there is another / better thread or forum to ask questions about modding existing sets?  I am kind of stuck on a project and need some help.

 

Thanks in advance!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, thebunk said:

Hey folks.  As you can see by my post count, I am pretty new here.  Anyway I read the initial post and it seemed somewhat opened ended for asking questions but was wondering if this is the place or if there is another / better thread or forum to ask questions about modding existing sets?  I am kind of stuck on a project and need some help.

 

Thanks in advance!

Hey thebunk,

Welcome.

I too am newish, but a long time lurker.  If you want direct advice then your best bet is to start a thread with your specific question.  Even better if you can provide pictures (hosted somewhere else on the web) to help illustrate what you are talking about.

That way more people will see it, as some of these general threads can get busy and then your post is lost.

Others may have different advice for you as well.

Cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Omand said:

Hey thebunk,

Welcome.

I too am newish, but a long time lurker.  If you want direct advice then your best bet is to start a thread with your specific question.  Even better if you can provide pictures (hosted somewhere else on the web) to help illustrate what you are talking about.

That way more people will see it, as some of these general threads can get busy and then your post is lost.

Others may have different advice for you as well.

Cheers

Thanks for the response and nice to see another Canadian here.

I actually bumped an older thread (UCS Slave 1 mod thread) but it hasn’t gotten any responses so was wondering if I could post my question here IF it is a suitable place to do so and if more people may read this thread then the other one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, RogueTwo said:

What are the chances we'll get a new version of the printed Snowspeeder nose piece in next year's Juniors set?  I'd say it's likely, though I may be the only one who even cares about this.  :laugh:

It does not use the same piece as that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hold0511 said:

I suspect the juniors set will use a sticker for the nose detail.

Juniors/4+ sets do not typically (ever?) use stickers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jdubbs said:

It does not use the same piece as that.

Ha!  Well, thank you, then!  Can you say whether there are any unique printed pieces in that set that AFOLs might want?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just noticed that The Mandalorian will be rated TV-14, which is the highest rating of any Star Wars content thus far. What effect will this have on our chances for additional sets? 😐

BTW: I know that Stranger Things is also rated TV-14, but LEGO only made one set for that, and it was specifically designed for adults/older builders. Any sets based on The Mandalorian will be part of the regular Star Wars line. 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/9/2019 at 2:22 PM, Classic_Spaceman said:

I just noticed that The Mandalorian will be rated TV-14, which is the highest rating of any Star Wars content thus far. What effect will this have on our chances for additional sets? 😐

BTW: I know that Stranger Things is also rated TV-14, but LEGO only made one set for that, and it was specifically designed for adults/older builders. Any sets based on The Mandalorian will be part of the regular Star Wars line. 
 

No effect on future sets. It’s streaming show, and Star Wars nuff said. The show is too huge to not make any sets of it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, can anyone say if there's any chance that sets from TCW: Season 7 will feature clone printings that are consistent with clone printings from ep 2/ep 3 sets? Or is it more likely that clones from this last season and from the feature films will look differently?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.