KielDaMan

Post your general LEGO Star Wars questions here

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Kelso said:

How likely is it that the Resistance X-Wing Fighter 75149 will get a new set in the next few years? Or maybe even a UCS? I'm trying to decide whether or not I should buy this set or wait a bit for a newer/better looking version since i'm not in a rush.

Edit: I have another question actually, how likely is it that we'll see another U-Wing set? If we won't then I want to buy it since I saw the mod for it.

There is no way to answer those questions. Maybe we’ll see a new resistance x wing as early as October with the episode 9 sets, maybe we’ll never see another one again. Just get the current one, it’s fantastic as is. And if they do release another one soon you can never have too many x wings!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kelso said:

How likely is it that the Resistance X-Wing Fighter 75149 will get a new set in the next few years? Or maybe even a UCS? I'm trying to decide whether or not I should buy this set or wait a bit for a newer/better looking version since i'm not in a rush.

Edit: I have another question actually, how likely is it that we'll see another U-Wing set? If we won't then I want to buy it since I saw the mod for it.

U-Wing: very unlikely. UCS Resistance X-Wing: fairly likely. System X-Wing: only if it’s in episode 9 (but it would be different, since Poe’s was destroyed in TLJ).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Speculation:

Why has there not yet been a sale from any retailer in the United States on last summer's Sandcrawler (75220).  Is it known to be a reliable bestseller?  Or do you think it's more likely that, as a larger set, the overhead to store it is much higher, therefore they can't "afford" to discount it?  I really want the set, but I'm trying to hold out until May the Fourth, at least, for a possible discount.  I  know I could always try eBay, but my New Year's Resolution is to kick the "aftermarket LEGO" habit entirely   It doesn't seem like the set will be discontinued anytime soon, so I'm not too worried.

And for those living in other territories, have you seen any discounts on that Sandcrawler?  Or does it go down in price as slowly as it moves?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RogueTwo said:


And for those living in other territories, have you seen any discounts on that Sandcrawler?  Or does it go down in price as slowly as it moves?

It’s been regularly reduced at Amazon UK by 30-35% (currently 30% off). So, I would suggest waiting for a deal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, RogueTwo said:

And for those living in other territories, have you seen any discounts on that Sandcrawler?  Or does it go down in price as slowly as it moves?

It did go down quite quickly on Amazon UK as @AntiKragle says and I recently got it in a supermarket online flash sale for around 48% off RRP. It was reduced to around 36% off RRP and then the retailer was doing another 20% off spends over £50 so it was a great reduction overall. Stock didn't last long, but it does happen. I'm not normally that lucky though so I was very pleased. :) But I get the impression that the US tends to get far better discounts generally at the big superstores than we get in the UK so I'd be surprised if it didn't come down at some point.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the US, the $100+ sets rarely if ever see discounts in the first 3-6 months of release. I suspect LEGO stipulates this in retailer contracts, as it seems to be the case across most lines. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there any one-sided head with printed goggles on it? ....something like Han Solo's head from the Conveyex, just without the second face-print on the back.

I would like to do an Imperial officer in winter gear, but using a cap instead of a helmet, so printed goggles would be nice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for your reply. I am not sure... aren't the old AT-ST drivers' heads doubled-sided too? I am looking for a face with printed goggles that can be used with the standard Imperial cap. It might well be there is no such head...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

you could always use a pencil eraser to remove the printing on one side of the head if you're willing to

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/3/2019 at 9:05 AM, Flieger said:

Is there any one-sided head with printed goggles on it? ....something like Han Solo's head from the Conveyex, just without the second face-print on the back.

I would like to do an Imperial officer in winter gear, but using a cap instead of a helmet, so printed goggles would be nice.

I always thought the lil-anakin podracer head would be fun to use, but it has a face on the back - one that might be easy to erase...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The panels of the new 4+ TIE Fighter 75237 look like a single piece on the pictures. Is that a new part?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, m4st3rt3ch said:

The panels of the new 4+ TIE Fighter 75237 look like a single piece on the pictures. Is that a new part?

Single large piece (2 in pack of course) - ID 6250572.  Not on bricklink when I last checked but thats the part number on the lego instructions - so assume new.

Edited by Hold0511

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hold0511 said:

Single large piece (2 in pack of course) - ID 6250572.  Not on bricklink when I last checked but thats the part number on the lego instructions - so assume new.

Cool, thanks! Sadly it's the wrong colour, but i see a lot of potential.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, m4st3rt3ch said:

Cool, thanks! Sadly it's the wrong colour, but i see a lot of potential.

With luck now the part is in production more colours will be issued - some in white would be ideal for me...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Hold0511 said:

With luck now the part is in production more colours will be issued - some in white would be ideal for me...

I need them in white, too. LBG would also be very nice, but for now black is good enough for a proof of concept.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the panels have the technic pin connections molded into them ... they aren't just flat plates ... =/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tidy said:

the panels have the technic pin connections molded into them ... they aren't just flat plates ... =/

Just found the instructions for the set. This actually isn't that bad for what i had in mind. Instead of studs, you need only 1 (of 3 possible) technic pin to hold the piece in place and if one uses all 3 pin-holes, it is an immensely stable plate/technik connector. Ideal for fixating huge panels on technic frames. This is a cool piece. Please more of it in different sizes and shapes!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, m4st3rt3ch said:

Just found the instructions for the set. This actually isn't that bad for what i had in mind. Instead of studs, you need only 1 (of 3 possible) technic pin to hold the piece in place and if one uses all 3 pin-holes, it is an immensely stable plate/technik connector. Ideal for fixating huge panels on technic frames. This is a cool piece. Please more of it in different sizes and shapes!

as the set is, [i gave one to my 4 year old daughter - who by the way hates it, so target audience fail] with 2 pins connected it is wickedly wobbly ... the panels just wobble, not tight and stable ... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tidy said:

[i gave one to my 4 year old daughter - who by the way hates it, so target audience fail]

By that logic, every large D2C set is a fail since it‘s not very hard to find adults that don‘t care about LEGO sets :tongue:

Personally, I’m pretty split when it comes to 4+ Star Wars sets. Printed pieces and new moulds are nice and all, but now that Juniors doesn’t exist any more as its own theme with its own budget, I feel like these sets might devour huge junks of the regular parts budget *huh*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have scoured the internet and have been unable to find a reliable answer:

What are the finished dimensions of the 10030 on stand? I've seen 37" x 23", which I assume is length and width, but never a height, and this is always from the default description.

Could someone share the built dimensions (on display stand) of their 10030? Thanks!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dont know, but I can't decide right now what I think about lego, like if I think it's a really nice thing to do, or if I'm kind of wasting time. I think it's kind of hard to tell at the moment, but I guess that happens when u in Kampala and u smoked some really good kush, BTW I apologize or this meaningless out of nowhere post. Just couldn't help it. 

 

Now really enjoyed i by the way.... so funny

Edited by Sneakguest

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New to the site...

Am looking into pulling the trigger on a UCS SSD. What do you guys feel is a reasonable price?

Also, I know it’s pure speculation, but any rumors floating around on a re-release?

Thanks! Looking forward to being a part of the community here!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm considering BrickLinking anothergol's 2.1 AT-ST. How stable and sturdy is it?  And do the ball joints hold up well over time?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.