XimenaPaulina

Post your general LEGO Star Wars questions here

23 hours ago, Hold0511 said:

Np - please share how you get on - good luck!

Hadn't called the customer service, but I did just give it a try again- and it worked!
I selected the Vader's Castle-set, and the Mudtrooper polybag was automatically added. Yay meĀ :excited:
Guess it was an error, like I first thought. Maybe it's changed for the UK as well, now?
If that's not the case, I apologize for giving you false hopeĀ :innocent2:

Regards,
Mitch

32 minutes ago, Malthus101 said:

So where's the next UCS set? It's bloody October already and no news??

Cloud City is the October UCS although it is now classed as Master Builder. But it took the UCS slot as it is a large, expensive set. The next UCS won't be until next year, probably May.

On 30 september 2018 at 4:55 PM, tfcrafter said:

There is just no way Lego would do that, Star Wars sets have to come out the same day as other toys from the movie. Seeing as how sets can take around a year to design, Lego can't just "wait" for confirmation from Disney if they want to get their toys out.

Then I think during the circumstances they do get it pretty right anyway, and no surprise why for example maybe lego got the intel that the vessel droid in the MF was supposed to be L3-37

On 5 oktober 2018 at 3:59 AM, jdubbs said:

Their current license runs through 2020, last I read. Which means it will probably get renegotiated by early next year. If LEGO is so inclined, they will press Disney to create an exception for them to release standalone minifigures, but it's not a foregone conclusion that a) they would want to and b) that Disney (or Hasbro) would agree to this.

Well I think it would just be mean to block lego from doing that, it's not like the hasbro and lego compete since buildable toys and action figures are not the same market. Either people collect one or the other, or both.Ā Ā 

4 hours ago, Sneakguest said:

Well I think it would just be mean to block lego from doing that, it's not like the hasbro and lego compete since buildable toys and action figures are not the same market. Either people collect one or the other, or both.Ā Ā 

They most definitely compete in the same market. Adults choose between Hasbro and LEGO constantly... whether buying toys for their kids or for their own collections. From what I've seen there's a pretty substantial overlap between adults who collect the Black Series/Vintage CollectionĀ and adults who collect LEGO (myself included).Ā And kids (who are after all, the target market for both companies) make the same choices with their weekly allowance, birthday money, etc.Ā 

10 hours ago, jdubbs said:

They most definitely compete in the same market. Adults choose between Hasbro and LEGO constantly... whether buying toys for their kids or for their own collections. From what I've seen there's a pretty substantial overlap between adults who collect the Black Series/Vintage CollectionĀ and adults who collect LEGO (myself included).Ā And kids (who are after all, the target market for both companies) make the same choices with their weekly allowance, birthday money, etc.Ā 

Definitely agreed on this, I would collect both too, if I had the monay...(and if my wife wouldn't kill me :D)

What is the best way to get the polybags when you don't live near a LEGOĀ store or Legoland?

Ā 

On 10/9/2018 at 4:14 PM, BacktoBricks said:

Cloud City is the October UCS although it is now classed as Master Builder. But it took the UCS slot as it is a large, expensive set. The next UCS won't be until next year, probably May.

Why on Earth would they do that??? When did that get released?

Edited by Malthus101

On 10 oktober 2018 at 2:44 AM, jdubbs said:

Well, okey I do agree in general terms, but would a small CMF series really affect the sales on Hasbro, that I pretty much doubt and I think companies should compete by making better products, not blocking each other from making better ones.Ā 

On 10 oktober 2018 at 10:00 PM, GAC said:

What is the best way to get the polybags when you don't live near a LEGOĀ store or Legoland?

Ā 

probably Bricklink

On 10/11/2018 at 11:15 AM, Malthus101 said:

Why on Earth would they do that??? When did that get released?

Because they seem to have decided that one large playlet and one large display set is their preferred route at the moment. One is a large scale single build and the other is more of a location based set with lots of figures.Ā 

How do you not know about the Cloud City set?

Since the rumored 501st battle pack turned out to be Inferno squad, I wonder if there is a reason TLG is so against releasing a 501stĀ clone trooper? :cry_sad:

Many other clone trooper variations have made it into lego, even no existing variations. They are the most depicted and best know clone unit in Star WarsĀ and, not to forget, theyĀ were Anakins/Vaders clone unit.Ā 

Edited by Cyberfounder

Don't forget that we did get sets 75002 and 75004 from the clone wars which had 501st clone troopers and pilot.

1 hour ago, belkor said:

Don't forget that we did get sets 75002ļ»æ and 75004 from the clone wars which had 501st clone troopers and pilot.

Right, I forgot about those. Never liked the style of clone wars figures so never really paid attention to them. But still a regular EPIII 501st trooper has never made it into a set...

Edited by Cyberfounder

Hello everyone,

I apologise if this is the wrong thread to post here, if so I oblige its removal. I am considering buying someone who is special to me, sealed versions of LEGO 10019 Rebel Blockade Runner and LEGO 10221 Super Star Destroyer. The prices for these sets sealed are very high; AU $2,763 for 10019 and $1,300 for 10221. I was wondering if it is worth it to buy them now? I am afraid LEGO may release a very improved version of the Rebel Blockade Runner, but would the original still hold up? Would the Super Star Destroyer be remade anytime soon?Ā 

I also researched that the Rebel Blockade Runner is apparently modeled after a CR70 Corvette, whereas the Tantive IV is a CR90 Corvette; hence the slight difference in proportion of the cockpit, body length and engines... is this true? The stickers also seem like a worry to apply, but the model still looks nice without them. And I noticed on Bricklink the photos of the box show it in black and white, but there are images of the box in colour on Google. Does anyone know what that means?

Thank you for any help.Ā 

There are two versions of the RBR box, I believe one was a lego store version and one for 3rd party retailers.

personally, having bought both to have a complete collection, Iā€™d say it depends on the desire. Ā If itā€™s to have lego designed UCS versions (potentially multiple) then go for it if the price is reasonable.Ā 

If you just want the best display option of iconic SW ships, I think there is a certified superior SSD version by @onecaseĀ here:Ā Onecaseā€™s instructions

there are a couple RBRs out there but @mortesvĀ probably has the best, here:Ā Mortā€™s instructions

both probably are more costly, but visually superior to their lego counterparts.

I think it's very likely that one or both of these ships will be see better/updated sets released in the next year or two. These were very early UCS sets designed before many modern building techniques were common and SNOT/specializedĀ parts were available, and they relied on the use of rubber bands, magnets, etc. to stay together... which many owners have reported to fail over time. If it were me, I would pass.

I forget the exact details, but I believe there were two box designs due to a flood at a warehouse storing the sets, which necessitated a reprint of the boxes.

Thank you for the response, I will definitely reconsider considering 10019 is almost twenty years old. I heard rumours that a new Tantive IV could be released next year? I am eager to hear more information in the coming months.Ā 

9 hours ago, Captain America said:

Thank you for the response, I will definitely reconsider considering 10019 is almost twenty years old. I heard rumours that a new Tantive IV could be released next year? I am eager to hear more information in the coming months.Ā 

I've merged your topic with the General Star Wars Questions thread. There are rumors of a Tantive IV, but from what I can tell they are mostly wishful thinking.

13 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

I've merged your topic with the General Star Wars Questions thread. There are rumors of a Tantive IV, but from what I can tell they are mostly wishful thinking.

Thank you, apparently 10019 is based on a CR70 Corvette, which would make it unique and not a Tantive IV which is a CR90 Corvette? The proportions of 10019 look identical to a CR70.

No, 10019 is not a CR70, it's just wrong.

For decades, both various official depictions (e.g. the Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels, which is probably responsible for a lot of further mistakes by people who used it as a reference) and endless fanart have been messing upĀ the proportions of the Corellian corvette. Notably by cutting out the space between the docking tubes and engine block, and squishing the whole ship down,Ā making it far stockier and less elegant than it really is. Lego fell into the same trap with the set.

Eventually, Episode III in 2005 actually included a ship with those proportions, as a devolved, "20 years earlier" version of the classic corvette, and the CR70 designation wasĀ created for it the next yearĀ ("CR90" for the OT-era ship had been established with the game TIE Fighter in the mid-90s).

That's why I'm always a little confused when people get so excited for 10019, or even want it rereleased. Regardless of age, it was never a very good or accurate model, and to me has always looked annoyingly inaccurate.

Can anyone tell me what color/sheen the lightsaber hilts/handles are in set 75021. I bought a used one and it showed up with two handles (oneĀ for each Jedi), but one wasĀ Ā chrome (bright and shiny) and the other was silver metallic (duller).

Any help is appreciated!!!

1 hour ago, thorin said:

Can anyone tell me what color/sheen the lightsaber hilts/handles are in set 75021. I bought a used one and it showed up with two handles (oneĀ for each Jedi), but one wasĀ Ā chrome (bright and shiny) and the other was silver metallic (duller).

Any help is appreciated!!!

There are two types of silver lightsaber hilts, one is the old version, which is chromed and super shiny. That pieceĀ had stopped production long ago. The duller one should be the piece the correct piece for 75021. I believe the seller just used the older one as a replacement. Hope this helps!