XimenaPaulina

Post your general LEGO Star Wars questions here

51 minutes ago, Jedi-Bendu said:

Anyone?

street date is showing 12.27 ... 

1 hour ago, GrahamSlam said:

My last post was deleted by someone, so I'll post again. I want to make a First Order Army as cheaply as possible. Any suggestions?

@GrahamSlam - please refer to my post in the previous page - I've merged your previous threads with this one :classic:

I know this question has been asked recently but.. has anyone received their Falcon VIP card yet? I contacted Lego a few days ago and they had told me that it should arrive a week after the email saying it is on the way is sent to you. They had also said it will take longer to get if you are in North America. I'm sure for some of you it has been more than seven days. As for Myself I am still waiting and it has been around 2 weeks since getting that email.

1 hour ago, star wars geek said:

I know this question has been asked recently but.. has anyone received their Falcon VIP card yet? I contacted Lego a few days ago and they had told me that it should arrive a week after the email saying it is on the way is sent to you. They had also said it will take longer to get if you are in North America. I'm sure for some of you it has been more than seven days. As for Myself I am still waiting and it has been around 2 weeks since getting that email.

Same here, I’m in England if that makes a difference but I’m still waiting on my card, got the email a good few weeks back.

Is there anywhere to go to find out which sets are retiring soon? I want to make sure I go through my wish list in the right order before the year is out, and considering Star Wars sets tend to increase in price dramatically after retirement, I’m just wondering if anyone has any ideas as to which ones will be leaving us this fall?

56 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

Same here, I’m in England if that makes a difference but I’m still waiting on my card, got the email a good few weeks back.

Is there anywhere to go to find out which sets are retiring soon? I want to make sure I go through my wish list in the right order before the year is out, and considering Star Wars sets tend to increase in price dramatically after retirement, I’m just wondering if anyone has any ideas as to which ones will be leaving us this fall?

shop.lego.com has a filter to show sets that are retiring soon, and those sets are flagged with a badge on the product page. In general, most sets last ~2 years on the US LEGO website and at the major online resellers (TRU, Amazon, Target, etc.) so you can expect most anything in TFA packaging to be cleared from store shelves by New Year's. Some sets also appear to have shorter runs in the EU, like a few of the Winter Village sets which you can still get in the US but not in the UK.

From a comment one of the LEGO designers made on Brickset, it sounds like several of the Rogue One sets are going to retire earlier than usual, near the end of the year. Pure speculation, but this may be to allow a few of the TFA sets to live longer, like the TIE Fighter, Poe's X-Wing, and Kylo's Shuttle, which all appear in TLJ. (Or those sets could retire this winter too, to make way for updated models in the spring/summer.)

On 11/23/2017 at 6:12 AM, BacktoBricks said:

I know this is a bit old, but I just wanted to say that this happened to me too. I rung Lego and at first the lady just said that it must have been a packing error, but they had now run out of stock of the right poster. So I said I wasn't very happy as I had made my order at just past midnight so I should have been among the first orders to receive the correct poster. And I know it is only a poster, but if Lego are going to use marketing that encourages people to make multiple purchases on different days then they should at least honour it and the missing poster was actually the one I really liked. So then she got on the phone and found that a Lego office in the US had one and she got it shipped to the UK for me and it came really quickly. So overall they did rectify the error and kept to the usual standard of excellent customer service :)

Same with me. They rectified the situation. I was happy with their follow-up and they worked to get it fixed. I just felt the same way you did... like I planned my purchases out so I would get the posters I wanted, etc and they ended up sending me whatever the felt like sending me. I’m sure a lot of people toss them in the trash, but not me.

By the way, has anyone heard whether they will offer an episode 8 Lego themed poster to go with the other movie posters? They skipped rogue one, but they better not skip ep 8!!! They made posters for 1-7!

I searched but haven't found anything related to this: do we have any information on what promotions to expect from S@H in December?

Edited by brobert

8 hours ago, jdubbs said:

shop.lego.com has a filter to show sets that are retiring soon, and those sets are flagged with a badge on the product page. In general, most sets last ~2 years on the US LEGO website and at the major online resellers (TRU, Amazon, Target, etc.) so you can expect most anything in TFA packaging to be cleared from store shelves by New Year's. Some sets also appear to have shorter runs in the EU, like a few of the Winter Village sets which you can still get in the US but not in the UK.

From a comment one of the LEGO designers made on Brickset, it sounds like several of the Rogue One sets are going to retire earlier than usual, near the end of the year. Pure speculation, but this may be to allow a few of the TFA sets to live longer, like the TIE Fighter, Poe's X-Wing, and Kylo's Shuttle, which all appear in TLJ. (Or those sets could retire this winter too, to make way for updated models in the spring/summer.)

Well on the UK lego shop website the FO TIE is already retired apparently, although most shops do still sell it.

thanks for the help though, I think I’ll prioritise the Force Awakens sets.

8 hours ago, jdubbs said:

shop.lego.com has a filter to show sets that are retiring soon, and those sets are flagged with a badge on the product page.

I've used this search method myself, but I haven't found it to be very reliable lately. For instance, earlier this month the Lego Elves line had just two products marked as 'retiring soon' on the UK site: 'Aira's Airship' and 'The Water Dragon'. Neither Ragana's Castle nor Queen Dragon's Rescue was marked for retirement. However, in the last couple of weeks both of these sets have disappeared from the shop and if you search for them, they come up as retired products. So, from a UK perspective at least, there was no warning that these were about to go.

17 hours ago, thorin said:

Same with me. They rectified the situation. I was happy with their follow-up and they worked to get it fixed. I just felt the same way you did... l

I had the same feelings. Just wanted one poster, but no one came with the order. Sigh!

After a few years of being stored and separated in a box in the basement I decided to rebuild my B-Wing, but as gorgeous as the model looks, it is very very fragile. Hopefully it is not because bricks lost clutch power, but things kept falling off. Then I see this YouTube video where this guy proclaims it is very sturdy and moves the smaller wings without any problems...

Main issue is the fact that the big wing that is perpendicular to the 'body' of the vessel is very heavy. It is only secured to the body with Technic pins and two dark grey axles. Because of this weight, bricks stacked on both the body and the wing (like the 2x3 black bricks and the dark grey Bricks, Modified 2 x 2 x 2/3 Two Studs, Curved Slope End) do not stay in place well. This also goes for the curved shell pieces at the base of the long wing. Things get even worse because of the smaller wings attached to the already fragile base of the long wings and the fact these small wings are merely attached to the large wing with 6 hinge plates on each side that put even more (pulling) force on the large wing and its base.

And then there is the cock-pit part with the 8-sided engine-type thingy at the end that is only attached with a round 4 stud brick.

So is it just me, is it loss of clutch power or just a matter of really good design aesthetically but a bad design construction wise.

Edited by merman

The back of my cockpit is constantly falling off. The connection to the body of the cockpit is tenuous and the last few clip-on slopes are really hard to get on without them all falling off again. That said, it is my second-favorite UCS model, after Slave I.

Edited by jdubbs

The only things really fragile on mine are the back of the cockpit (four studs; maybe we can sneak an axle in there to reinforce it somehow?) and the weapons pod on the end of the big wing (only held on by eight studs).

I know it's one of the less-desirable UCS sets, but it's undoubtedly one of my favorites in terms of accuracy and overall look (aside from the front half of the cockpit and the undersides of the wings; I may someday play with a brick-built version that looks sleeker).

@merman - I've merged your thread with our general Q&A one to keep the forum tidy :classic:

In answer to your question, I haven't had any problems with mine and it felt very sturdy when I built it.  Although it hasn't been displayed for any length of time so the parts are all still, essentially, new.  The cockpit is truly awful, but apart from that it's a decent copy of the original film model, and almost worthy of the UCS label.

I wonder what bricklink will do when the 1000th unique star wars figure is released. would they simply add a number? Like for example sw1008...

I think this goes here but apparently they canceled the earth Vader promotion for December as they didn’t have enough ready so they will probably Movie it to January 

26 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I think this goes here but apparently they canceled the earth Vader promotion for December as they didn’t have enough ready so they will probably Movie it to January 

It's still listed on the downloadable December calendar. But I hope you're right, as I'd like to pick up a few of the Vader pods and it would be nice to use the January Star Wars sets to get them.... since I have all but one of the current releases.

On 12/1/2017 at 11:08 AM, Falconfan1414 said:

Brickset reported it didn't pass quality control.

Does anyone knows wether or not the First Order Heavy Scout Walker  (the crab-like vehicle) even appears in the new movie? It almost seems like the same case as the First Order Snowspeeder from TFA,where it was supposed to be in the movie but was later in the process removed.

6 minutes ago, Brickviller V2 said:

Does anyone knows wether or not the First Order Heavy Scout Walker  (the crab-like vehicle) even appears in the new movie? It almost seems like the same case as the First Order Snowspeeder from TFA,where it was supposed to be in the movie but was later in the process removed.

First order Snowspeeder is actually in the movie. Just a couple of seconds in the background. There was a marathon of The force Awakens and the Last Jedi today in The Netherlands (no spoilers) and i just happened to see it. But no, the Heavy Scout Walker isn't in the movie or if it is, it could be the case of the snowspeeder, just a couple of seconds in the background. 

I'm wondering if anybody has any insight on how Lego determines which sets go on sale, specifically with regard the Force Friday TLJ wave.  I've noticed that here in the US, the same few sets (Kylo Tie Silencer, BB-8 and Resistance Transport Pod) have been consistently around 20% off at Target, Walmart and Toys R Us, but the rest of the wave has remained locked at MSRP (or in the case of TRU, a few dollars more).  I have to assume that Lego is dictating to the retailers what they can and can't put on sale, but what is the reasoning?  I've been holding off for the Resistance Bomber waiting for a sale, but it hasn't budged.  It actually has a higher $ per piece ($.14) than Kylos Silencer ($.126) and BB-8 ($.09), so in my mind it would make more sense to put that one on sale and present a better value to the customer.  Then again, it could all be random and I'm reading too much into it.  

Just now, Bley Harvest said:

I'm wondering if anybody has any insight on how Lego determines which sets go on sale, specifically with regard the Force Friday TLJ wave.  I've noticed that here in the US, the same few sets (Kylo Tie Silencer, BB-8 and Resistance Transport Pod) have been consistently around 20% off at Target, Walmart and Toys R Us, but the rest of the wave has remained locked at MSRP (or in the case of TRU, a few dollars more).  I have to assume that Lego is dictating to the retailers what they can and can't put on sale, but what is the reasoning?  I've been holding off for the Resistance Bomber waiting for a sale, but it hasn't budged.  It actually has a higher $ per piece ($.14) than Kylos Silencer ($.126) and BB-8 ($.09), so in my mind it would make more sense to put that one on sale and present a better value to the customer.  Then again, it could all be random and I'm reading too much into it.  

Usually one of the smaller sets in each major wave is 20% off at launch... at least that has been the case on Amazon, TRU, Target etc. over the last 18 months. For TLJ it was the First Order Heavy Scout Whatever, and for Rogue One I think it was the AT-ST. Then the larger sets start to go on sale, and if you wait long enough, they will eventually all go on sale somewhere. The highest-priced set seems to always be the last to get a sale price... I still haven't found the Ultimate Batmobile from The LEGO Batman Movie, or Destiny's Bounty from The LEGO Ninjago Movie on sale anywhere yet, though I did eventually pick up the TLJ Star Destroyer and AT-AT for 20% off somewhere or other. In the US at least, Target and TRU should see some pretty deep sales over the next few weeks... I remember Target doing a 40%-off-all-LEGO right around Christmas, probably to clear space on shelves for the January waves.  

20 hours ago, ARIEL-1970 said:

Is the AT-ST going to be phased out soon considering they have brought out that lovely headless First Order AT-ST as a replacement.....

Yes. It's already flagged as "retiring soon" on shop at home, and toy store's in my area have also been trying to get rid of it with discounts.