KielDaMan

Post your general LEGO Star Wars questions here

Recommended Posts

On 9/3/2017 at 9:18 AM, TheRyan said:

When I look at the images of both ships interiors, it seems that the FSD has a smaller interior. 

3fb2849f746c9fa68c90f28692c797ad.png

I own and have built both.

Personally I like 75055 more.

However, make sure you take a peek at 6211 as well. It is not only bigger than these two, but still surprisingly affordable. It has a less interesting exterior, but the playability is pretty good.

Edited by thorin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Whovastron said:

so to anyone who owns both the UCS Slave 1 and original Falcon, do they look well together on the shelf and is it with me buying them both come September 14th?

Not mine but here is a photo of the two together. I have the Slave I and it is a fantastic set, probably in my top 10 list so I'd recommend it anyway. I'll also be buying the falcon asap - I really hope I can get in early enough on the 14th. If you're buying both from S@H just make sure you've looked into your country's applicable taxes, I know here in Australia it's gonna be an extra 5% on top cause it's considered a "high value import." 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

Not mine but here is a photo of the two together. I have the Slave I and it is a fantastic set, probably in my top 10 list so I'd recommend it anyway. I'll also be buying the falcon asap - I really hope I can get in early enough on the 14th. If you're buying both from S@H just make sure you've looked into your country's applicable taxes, I know here in Australia it's gonna be an extra 5% on top cause it's considered a "high value import." 

Thanks for the reply!

ill be getting them from my local lego store hopefully, and I'm in the U.K. Do taxes shouldn't be an issue with them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can anyone post a picture of the new Kylo Ren tie with the new x-wings? Just curious on the scale. Thanks!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/3/2017 at 2:17 PM, Kevii23 said:

Does anyone know if the UCS R2D2 has any expensive pieces? Or has someone BL'ed one recently and can tell me what they paid for it?

I would like one as a display model next to BB8, but don't need the box, instructions or sticker that comes with it. 

Doesn't look like there are any rare parts other than the 4x reddish brown hose @ 25$/each. Granted that's like half the price of a used one right there.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, KevinMD said:

Doesn't look like there are any rare parts other than the 4x reddish brown hose @ 25$/each. Granted that's like half the price of a used one right there.

 

Yea, searched it up. I'll switch those to regular LBG. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys. Krennic's Shuttle is apparently retiring this year. It's already reduced to £60 on Amazon and I've seen it for £52 on eBay. Do you think there's a chance it may get cheaper perhaps on Black Friday? I want the set, but don't know whether to leave it another month or two. Just don't want to miss out on it when it retires and prices soar. Oh and FYI, it's RRP is £84.99. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's one that's baffling me, I'm failing to understand the purpose of 75176, the Resistance Transport Pod. I know we've not seen it in the film yet, but is this not basically just a detached (albeit more detailed and slightly larger) cockpit to the 75140 Resistance Troop Transport? I'm even going to assume that's how it's featured in the film; as an escape craft from the transport.

If possible, can someone demonstrate a side-by-side size comparison of the two cockpit sections and could the Pod actually be modded to connect to the transport to offer a more detailed version of the whole ship?

It just looks like a ridiculously over-priced and utterly pointless set, like selling just the cockpit of the Falcon by itself.

41impAXNuYL.jpg

51-1CPYyaVL._SL1000_.jpg

Edited by Daddy_Stardust

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, karmajay said:

It's a ship from Ep8 because those two characters are together for portions of the film.

Yes but my point was, isn't the ship itself just the cockpit for the transport (albeit with a bit more detail) sold at an inflated price? It looks far too similar for me to believe that in the film this'll be a unique spacecraft, I'll gladly put all my bets on it genuinely being an ejected cockpit to a troop transport that they escape in. And if that is what it is, then what's the appeal in buying one third of a larger ship that's already out (which Sponegebob456 quite rightly pointed out, is nearly the same price in some place)?

Which as I said, if hypothetically the cockpit for the Falcon was ejected as an escape pod in Episode 9, I'd consider it ridiculous to sell that as its own separate model too.

Edited by Daddy_Stardust

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Look up Jangbricks review of it. He shows a comparison with the cockpit of the Resistance Troop Transporter 

Edited by shotgunmcos
Predictive text

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone know if you're allowed to use the same email to sign up for a new VIP account? I really want that ltd edition falcon VIP card..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They had to make that set to include Finn and Rose because most of where they go throughout the film (and they go a LOT of places) are spoilers they cannot unveil in the first wave of toys. Simple as that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there any republic/rebele ships with a playable interior other than the MF?

I have the First Order Star Destroyer and I was looking for another ship to put against it. I was thinking of buying the venator but the interior seems awfully small for play...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, shotgunmcos said:

Look up Jangbricks review of it. He shows a comparison with the cockpit of the Resistance Troop Transporter 

Thank you that was exactly what I was after.

And I feel exactly the same way after seeing it in detail haha.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Daddy_Stardust said:

Thank you that was exactly what I was after.

And I feel exactly the same way after seeing it in detail haha.

I already brought this point up, of course, they've changed a few parts, but that's still just a part of that ship with new minifigs...disgusting really. Even if it's such a pivotal "ship" in the story - which I highly doubt - I don't think they couldn't have found a more justifiable set to include these figs. This may very well be the worst set of this wave.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Daddy_Stardust said:

Thank you that was exactly what I was after.

And I feel exactly the same way after seeing it in detail haha.

I'm avoiding it as I got the whole resistance troop transport for less. Only interested in the Rose minifigs which I'm sure will pop up in another set or maybe a diaorama set. In fact I'm holding off on All TLJ sets until I've seen the movie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, gudetamago said:

Anyone know if you're allowed to use the same email to sign up for a new VIP account? I really want that ltd edition falcon VIP card..

Existing members will also get the card.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/9/2017 at 6:08 PM, Spongebob456 said:

Hey guys. Krennic's Shuttle is apparently retiring this year. It's already reduced to £60 on Amazon and I've seen it for £52 on eBay. Do you think there's a chance it may get cheaper perhaps on Black Friday? I want the set, but don't know whether to leave it another month or two. Just don't want to miss out on it when it retires and prices soar. Oh and FYI, it's RRP is £84.99. 

I would say that from £85 to £52 or £60 makes both options good deals. I always think about Lego purchases as a mean of all purchases, let's say, in a year. Thus, sometimes they are a bit expensive and other a bit cheaper. The point is to get the sets you want more or less at a reasonable overall price.

I plan to get another Krennic's shuttle just for the pieces (mostly black ones are not that usual) plus the death troopers and another K2-S0 to put in the Death Star. I'll save Krennic just in case my children do something I wouldn't like with the one I have now :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone else noticed the proportions of minifig faces changing recently? Seems like the faces are getting compressed vertically, with the mouth getting higher up the face. I noticed on this year's Lando and then with the Ninjago Movie figures, and now young Han in the UCS Falcon has the same thing going on. I wonder if it'll be a shift across the whole range of products in the next few waves ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did anyone else's shipments arrive damaged? I'm just getting my Force Friday 2 purchases from shop at home and they all seem to be pretty banged up.

Also, I bought Star Wars sets on separate days to get the different posters and yet every box arrived with the same poster in it...

I've never had these issues with shop at home before...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, thorin said:

Did anyone else's shipments arrive damaged? I'm just getting my Force Friday 2 purchases from shop at home and they all seem to be pretty banged up.

Also, I bought Star Wars sets on separate days to get the different posters and yet every box arrived with the same poster in it...

I've never had these issues with shop at home before...

Which region? I'm getting mine today, I sure hope not...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, dvogon said:

I would say that from £85 to £52 or £60 makes both options good deals. I always think about Lego purchases as a mean of all purchases, let's say, in a year. Thus, sometimes they are a bit expensive and other a bit cheaper. The point is to get the sets you want more or less at a reasonable overall price.

I plan to get another Krennic's shuttle just for the pieces (mostly black ones are not that usual) plus the death troopers and another K2-S0 to put in the Death Star. I'll save Krennic just in case my children do something I wouldn't like with the one I have now :)

Ok sweet thanks. Want to get it before it retires so I'd better do so soon. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.