XimenaPaulina

Post your general LEGO Star Wars questions here

Hi All,

I just purchased a Lego 10030 Imperial Star Destroyer advertised as new in box. Due to age, two of the seals appear to be flimsy/cut, the other 2 are fine.

Curiously, the artwork for the rear is upside down. Has anyone heard of this before? I'll be opening it anyway but just wanted to see if this was a thing?

Thanks!

Edited by cyrax83

Oooh, I'm so envious, I'd love to get my hands on 10030 (especially in bley!!) :wub:

Maybe something to watch out for, the set might not be pure bley. This one was in production when the colour switch took place and I have heard stories of some boxes containing a mix of old grey and new bluish grey.

1 hour ago, cyrax83 said:

Curiously, the artwork for the rear is upside down. Has anyone heard of this before?

If the box is one where you lift a lid off, then I imagine it's possible for the bottom half to have been rotated 180 degrees.  Can't think of any sets in my own collection where this has happened, but it wouldn't surprise me if something like this happened in the factory from time to time.

49 minutes ago, NathanR said:

hands on 10030 (especially in bley!!) :wub:

Maybe something to watch out for, the set might

Thanks I opened one of the 4 internal boxes and it was all in bley so i'm hoping it's full bley.

The seller did say he bought it around the time of the UCS MF release (2007) so at that time they would have fully transitioned (or so I hope)

Edited by cyrax83

My Slave 1 box doesn't have Disney on it. 

On 8/21/2017 at 0:33 AM, LaPasnaille said:

I'm sorry but this is not the right place to ask such a question... You could have googled it... or just check it on Brickset...

I tried.

Hi @cyrax83 and welcome to Eurobricks!

Congratulations on your purchase of a 10030, especially if it's a later (all LBG) version!

I hope you don't mind but I've merged your thread with this one to keep the forum tidy :classic:

What's all the hate for the old grey 10030? You're making me regret buying mine!

How do these people on YouTube get these new tlj sets so early? And already doing reviews? 

Wht the hell is going on

17 minutes ago, Darth Hammy said:

How do these people on YouTube get these new tlj sets so early? And already doing reviews? 

Wht the hell is going on

Toys R Us was selling them early on eBay.

With he upcoming force friday sale, we can get a free scariff trooper with a purchase of 50$ or more. So if someone makes a few separate purchases will we get a figure for each purchase? It mentions in the fine print of one free figure per houshold. 

On 25/08/2017 at 6:23 PM, ARIEL-1970 said:

With he upcoming force friday sale, we can get a free scariff trooper with a purchase of 50$ or more. So if someone makes a few separate purchases will we get a figure for each purchase? It mentions in the fine print of one free figure per houshold. 

Your mileage may vary

If you are purchasing online, you are likely to succeed. If you go to multiple physical stores, you are very likely to succeed. If you try to make multiple transactions at the same store (especially in the same visit and/or with the same salesman) you are much less likely to succeed.

Does anyone know when the next non-theme specific double vip event is? I'm wanting to get the UCS mf and the ninjago city... But I'd prefer to get the city first as I'll be getting that from the American website/dollars which will give me better value vip points to go towards the millennium falcon, $1=1vip / £1=1vip... I'd also prefer not to buy either one of these outside a vip event but I'm feeling needy of getting the ninjago city set soon, before the UCS MF...   

Just now, Fuppylodders said:

Does anyone know when the next non-theme specific double vip event is? I'm wanting to get the UCS mf and the ninjago city... But I'd prefer to get the city first as I'll be getting that from the American website/dollars which will give me better value vip points to go towards the millennium falcon, $1=1vip / £1=1vip... I'd also prefer not to buy either one of these outside a vip event but I'm feeling needy of getting the ninjago city set soon, before the UCS MF...   

I don't think there are any until, at the earliest, October. The calendar found on the Lego website shows the VIP event on Force Friday on September 1-3, but I don't see anything else. Also, the double VIP points thing only counts for Star Wars, but I may be wrong about that.

I didn't wanted to start a topic on the subject so I'm going to throw this here,

What are you guys buying for Force Friday II? Is it gonna depend on what's on sale?

I really want to grab the Stormtrooper commander or Scout trooper constraction figures if they are on sale, The Last Jedi sets leave me cold other wise, plus I really want the Scarif Stormtrooper promo, I'm not paying 10$ for it on bricklink for it :classic:

Just looked at what's available on S@H (the site didn't update at midnight), and it appears the Scarif trooper is not available for us - there is a mini walker and poster instead. Triple points is a reasonable discount (but I could get regular sets cheaper at retail). The items on sale are all from last year or before (with a decent additional discount mind you) and I already have what I want from those.

Good sale, but I think I'll pass this time.

Wow, force friday sale starts today and by 9 am this morning (Canada) a ton of the sets are already on backorder and sold out. Doesnt give anyone a chance to get anything. I presume that Lego will honour the free minifig on backorders.

Yeaaah I don't see how this sale can last 3 days. Halfway through day 1 and most sets are on backorder.