XimenaPaulina

Post your general LEGO Star Wars questions here

1 hour ago, TWP said:

ooh where did you get the battle packs for that price?

There's been a couple of supermarkets in the UK that has price matched or price dropped things in various promotions. Tesco had a price drop better than the 40% that Lego did during the May promo and they ran it for a while. I think my Battle of Scarif was £31.

On ‎5‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 2:21 PM, RogueTwo said:

Wait, you mean in addition to the double VIP points?  *oh2*

Oh, well, I've got the Snowspeeder, I'm happy.

Also, does anyone think the R4 domes from the UCS Jedi Starfighter are going to go up in price/become incredibly scarce now that people have started making their own droids in the style of the R2 polybag?

Yeah... I grabbed these two sets right away since they were effectively 3x VIP points...

On ‎5‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 8:59 AM, Kevii23 said:

R3-M2 is the Promo for 7-31 May with SW purchases (probably €65+).

http://zusammengebaut.com/lego-star-wars-r3-m2-ab-7-mai-als-kostenlose-beigabe-25507/ 

I still can't find anything from Lego about this in the United States. Do you or anyone else know if this will apply to everyone?

I already have the buildable R2-D2, and I'm debating getting the snowspeeder... if I buy that now, I'll get an extra R2, but I won't have anything else to get if the R3 promotion happens

Today is my last day to decide. Any help is appreciated!!!

Edited by thorin

30 minutes ago, thorin said:

...but I won't have anything else to get if the R3 promotion happens

Today is my last day to decide. Any help is appreciated!!!

Get yourself a keyring!

I can confirm this. Just placed an order for Vader keyring at £3.99 and got the R3 added to my order for free. Postage £3.95 but I got the R3, yay!

But this is in the EU only, correct?

I'm not seeing anything in the US...

Also, the R2-D2 finally sold out on the US shop at home site and it has been replaced by the Marvel "The Milano" microbuild...

The R2 lasted a lot longer than I thought it would, which means either low demand or Lego had a lot of them made.

The R2 lasted here untill the end (29 april - 6 May). 

But I think it's only EU for the moment as there are no reports on it for the US. Did also order a Keychain for the free polybag :) 

I'm not absolutely sure, but I can't think of any occasion where a promo minifig has been released at Lego stores/S@H in "Not-USA" (ie Europe, Asia etc) and never in USA at some point. Usually if it isn't a worldwide promo, then it happens the other way around (comes out there first, then everywhere else months later). I don't think Americans will miss out (and as has been said, it's available at some physical locations there), but it may be a bit of a wait this time.

If it was me, I would imagine I'd be picking it up with sets from either of the next 2 waves.

19 hours ago, Brickdad said:

I can confirm this. Just placed an order for Vader keyring at £3.99 and got the R3 added to my order for free. Postage £3.95 but I got the R3, yay!

Lucky you. Postage in Australia for a $7.99 AUD keyring is $25 AUD ie. more than triple! At $33 the R3 poly becomes prohibitively expensive here. 

6 hours ago, Markalus said:

Lucky you. Postage in Australia for a $7.99 AUD keyring is $25 AUD ie. more than triple! At $33 the R3 poly becomes prohibitively expensive here. 

S@H shipping is a joke. That's why I always plan my S@H purchases carefully so I can break that $200 barrier for free shipping.

16 minutes ago, Brikkyy13 said:

S@H shipping is a joke. That's why I always plan my S@H purchases carefully so I can break that $200 barrier for free shipping.

200$ for free shipping? Wow, I thought the 100CHF usual rate is a joke...now I consider myself even a little lucky...

51 minutes ago, Brikkyy13 said:

Yep. I plan it that way too. But with May the fourth my Lego budget for this month is already blown!

Woah, feeling sorry for my Australian counterparts. £50 for free shipping here. You guys are getting fleeced.

What makes it worse is AusPost absolutely sucks as well. I ordered the Snowspeeder and a few other things on the 29th with VIP access, AusPost tracking says its been at a facility in Sydney without moving for a week.

I always spend the $200 when I place an order. This time was hard though, because there wasn't much left of existing releases that I wanted.

11 hours ago, Markalus said:

Yep. I plan it that way too. But with May the fourth my Lego budget for this month is already blown!

That is why I didn't order anything last week, the R3 promo is more important than the R2! And I used VIP points, so it didn't matter that there isn't a discount or bonus at the moment.

3 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

What makes it worse is AusPost absolutely sucks as well. I ordered the Snowspeeder and a few other things on the 29th with VIP access, AusPost tracking says its been at a facility in Sydney without moving for a week.

If you are referring to the tracking link sent from S@H, then that is customs or the airport or some warehouse. Some kind of processing is required before sending it on, and the next tracking entry won't occur until the morning of delivery. Not sure about you, but it takes a few days to deliver to me from Sydney.

Depending on where you live, S@H orders will almost always take @10-13 business days. So if I were you, I'd be expecting it early next week if not this Friday. You probably know that already

Edited by Artanis I

Got my Kanan's speeder bike and my R2-D2 freebie today! Y-wing set to ship in a week or two as it was on back order. So far all is great! It's kind of neat later this month I'll be rewarded with another set.

I'm actually really liking this polybag I haven't opened it yet but it looks great. I was kind of surprised at how fast I received it. They sold out of almost everything after a day or so it looked like. My first May 4th event I've gotten to partake in. Pretty happy with the results. Plus now I have a nice VIP point bonus ready. I can't wait for next. Was this year a pretty typical event compared to past? Besides the polybag being a build not a minifig.

Edited by FishW
Added some things

4 hours ago, Artanis I said:

If you are referring to the tracking link sent from S@H, then that is customs or the airport or some warehouse. Some kind of processing is required before sending it on, and the next tracking entry won't occur until the morning of delivery. Not sure about you, but it takes a few days to deliver to me from Sydney.

Depending on where you live, S@H orders will almost always take @10-13 business days. So if I were you, I'd be expecting it early next week if not this Friday. You probably know that already

Yup, that's when I was expecting it, but it was very weird to see it at the facility so quickly. Normally S@H orders I've made have made will take about a week and a bit to reach the country, and then from that facility to me in 1 or 2 days. I guess I got lucky.

My last order was similar, "arrived" in Alexandria (I have suspicions about that "fact") at ludicrous speed then took @2 weeks to arrive after that, compared with the usual story: longer initial delay then delivered only a few days after that.

Could anyone tell me if there is likely to be a new visual directory released this year. Was thinking of buying the one with Boba on the front but will hold off if a new one is in the pipeline.

15 hours ago, Brickdad said:

Could anyone tell me if there is likely to be a new visual directory released this year. Was thinking of buying the one with Boba on the front but will hold off if a new one is in the pipeline.

I wouldn't say there'd be another one for a few years. The last one was around for about 4-5 years before the updated Boba Felt figure version. I can't image we'll get another one until around 2021ish.

15 hours ago, Brickdad said:

I'm hearing rumours.

5 minutes ago, Robianco said:

I wouldn't say there'd be another one for a few years. The last one was around for about 4-5 years before the updated Boba Felt figure version. I can't image we'll get another one until around 2021ish.

Not sure it's about years but about sets per year and there've been a lot of sets in the intervening 4 to 5 years.

6 minutes ago, LEGOscum said:

I'm hearing rumours.

Not sure it's about years but about sets per year and there've been a lot of sets in the intervening 4 to 5 years.

Maybe. But with the amount of books released by Lego I don't see them making new Visual Dictionaries and Character Encyclopedias with much more frequency than they already do. At least not to the point of expecting a new one to arrive next year and stop the OP buying the book.

Does the Boba one just deal with 1 - 6? Lego will prob waiti til at least TLJ or even ep9 I suppose. Will just get the Boba one then. Thanks for responses.

58 minutes ago, Robianco said:

At least not to the point of expecting a new one to arrive next year and stop the OP buying the book.

Want to make a wager?

17 minutes ago, Brickdad said:

Does the Boba one just deal with 1 - 6? Lego will prob waiti til at least TLJ or even ep9 I suppose. Will just get the Boba one then. Thanks for responses.

And the Clone Wars. There's lots of Rebels and more Clone Wars sets, stacks of Prequel and Original Trilogy as well as TFA and RO sets.

I'd hang on. At least for five or six months.

But what do I know?

11 minutes ago, LEGOscum said:

Want to make a wager?

And the Clone Wars. There's lots of Rebels and more Clone Wars sets, stacks of Prequel and Original Trilogy as well as TFA and RO sets.

I'd hang on. At least for five or six months.

But what do I know?

Well you either do know or you're guessing. This thread is full of vague ITK comments that leave people guessing about whether something is a hint or not. I personally don't think another one will be around next year and I'm not remotely interested in guessing whether one will be and whether or not it's worth betting on. I've seen the Boba Fett one sell for around £5 so it's worth it to pick up that figure alone regardless of whether the book becomes obsolete in 6-12 months.