XimenaPaulina

Post your general LEGO Star Wars questions here

Thinking caps (or helmets) on guys!

I'm about to embark on a brickflick starring the crew of a First Order Special Forces TIE fighter. Only problem is the uniforms of the pilot and the gunner are identical!

At some points they'll have helmets off, so easy times!

However when helmets are on... anyone got any bright ideas on ways to differentiate within the lore?

Edited by Duck

The Tydirium lego set is just a beautiful thing, full stop. It's great fun to build, and once displayed on the shelf with the wings open, it's so impressive. And crystalline white.

Thinking caps (or helmets) on guys!

I'm about to embark on a brickflick starring the crew of a First Order Special Forces TIE fighter. Only problem is the uniforms of the pilot and the gunner are identical!

At some points they'll have helmets off, so easy times!

However when helmets are on... anyone got any bright ideas on ways to differentiate within the lore?

There isn't really any way to distinguish pilots when they're in flightsuits to be honest - there is little need for it. There are rank insignias for the FO, but that's army and nothing for FO starfighter corps. Since they're on the arm they'd be covered by the flight gauntlets anyway.

Unfortunately that's kind of the way the Empire and First Order are.

We don't get a very good look at the Special Forces pilots & gunners, but at least the pilots seem to sport red vertical stripes... but my memory of how many individual ones we saw in TFA is fuzzy, so it could be a custom thing, like the different silver markings on various OT TIE pilot helmets (not as extensive or noticeable as the different Rebel helmet markings, but still there). Unfortunately Lego didn't print anything to differentiate the helmets of the two pilots included in the Special Forces TIE set.

I would guess the Sandcrawler will still be out by that time, but I can't be 100% certain given all the new Star Wars material (RO) and the upcoming Death Star 2.0. It is next in line of UCS to go, though.

Better cobble together $300 then.

We don't get a very good look at the Special Forces pilots & gunners, but at least the pilots seem to sport red vertical stripes... but my memory of how many individual ones we saw in TFA is fuzzy, so it could be a custom thing, like the different silver markings on various OT TIE pilot helmets (not as extensive or noticeable as the different Rebel helmet markings, but still there). Unfortunately Lego didn't print anything to differentiate the helmets of the two pilots included in the Special Forces TIE set.

The red stripes you see on the FO pilots simply mean that they are special forces Tie pilots. There is even a mistake in the movie editing where the last tie fighter ( special forces ) pilot is shown wearing regular black armor. So yeah, lego should have included red stripes on these guys.

Do they actually have red stripes? I thought the shiny red on their armour/helmet was just the reflection of the interior light in the TIE.

That was the original question - is that set the first - and the answer is of course "no". I didn't realise the pilot minifig was female before. But considering the source... I don't know why I didn't.

Oops, my bad! I hadn't skimmed back far enough.

That was the original question - is that set the first - and the answer is of course "no". I didn't realise the pilot minifig was female before. But considering the source... I don't know why I didn't.

I didn't really think it was the first, but rather was trying to figure out how rare it is to get two SW females in a set. Since it's only occurred 5 times in the two hundred-odd sets over 17 years, it is very rare indeed.

Putting together the 75150 is what got me wondering about it.

Edited by rollermonkey

@jdm44: TWSS...

But seriously, yeah I have the old one. Someone gave it to me for free, only missing parts for the white spider droid thing. I like it even though it's not as detailed. It wasn't put together, so I got to do it. Stickers were even untouched. But I would like the new one.

You know what's worse than putting together Mega Bloks? Putting together Playmobil sets.

Anyone has any data on the CAN prices on the rogue one sets? All I could find is the euro prices across europe and US: I can usually approximate using the pricing in france but the margin here is about 100 bucks... Thanks!

Did anyone else start out collecting SW ships and vehicles, not realy having any real interest in minifigs. Only to find themselves being drawn more and more to collecting the minifig characters ? Or is it just me

I get the sets for the vehicles and minifigures. But I'm starting to want the minifigures I missed.

Admittedly, I've always just been in it for the minifigures. It's more a replacement for action figure collecting for me. I've kept some of the builds, but some also end up in the parts bins.

I started only getting sets for clones & jedi minifigs, then getting some sets for both the model & minifigs, but in the absence of proper space and castle themes I now buy sets for the model or minifigs. And BL a few rare minifigs from big sets.

Good replies : ) I started collecting OT ships and vehicles, the minifigs were basically an added extra. Recently though I've been finding that the minifigs ate dictating which sets I go for to an extent. OT only though, not interested in clones or prequel trilogy characters. I could be tempted by TFA figs though...

When I started building MOCs, minifigs got the slight edge over set builds for me. If the set is good enough, I'm fine with it, but I typically find myself wanting to MOC things to make them more accurate.

Is there a place I can find some Star Wars droid instructions for MOCs. Same size or so as the R2D2. Thanks!

I have $145 on Amazon right now and I'm obviously going to use it for LEGO Star Wars purposes. Anyone know of some good sales or sets I should purchase? I'm torn between so many.

Or should I wait until the RO sets are released?

I have $145 on Amazon right now and I'm obviously going to use it for LEGO Star Wars purposes. Anyone know of some good sales or sets I should purchase? I'm torn between so many.

Or should I wait until the RO sets are released?

If you're not gonna wait until RO, the Tydirium and the Resistance Troop Transporter are both at a nice discount (23% & 20% respectively)

If you're not gonna wait until RO, the Tydirium and the Resistance Troop Transporter are both at a nice discount (23% & 20% respectively)

I've been wanting the Resistance troop transporter for a whole now, you're not helping me! Must resist the buy now button...

27493616542_2f9333ef64.jpg

Sorry, couldn't wait to use this :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Edited by Kman860