XimenaPaulina

Post your general LEGO Star Wars questions here

Well, they are in the new trailer for Rogue One, but we just had an AT-AT not too long ago, so I doubt there would be another so soon even a walking one. That's no clear reasoning either because they are releasing another Resistance X-Wing only recolored from the one in the previous wave, so I don't know. I still doubt there will be another walking walker, though. :classic:

thanks

Okay so i'm debating internally what may be the last set I buy before the Rogue One sets.

The Final Duel, i'm really interested in the new Darth Vader and the only emperor I own is the original one from 2000.

VS.

Duel on Takdonna, I'm really interested in getting Kylo Ren and the two FO stormtroopers don't hurt it.

Okay so i'm debating internally what may be the last set I buy before the Rogue One sets.

The Final Duel, i'm really interested in the new Darth Vader and the only emperor I own is the original one from 2000.

VS.

Duel on Takdonna, I'm really interested in getting Kylo Ren and the two FO stormtroopers don't hurt it.

Woa! That is a hard choice! With the upcoming release of the SW FO BluRay and DVD demand for the FO LEGO SW sets may go up ( I know I will have a hard time paying a reasonable price for Takodana here in Japan). Also as Rogue 1 nears you may have the issue with the Final Duel set because it is set in about the same time-frame (If vader makes an appearance forget about it the set will also be in high demand).

I would probably buy the duel one now and after the hype dies down for FO get the Takodana one later? But it is really is hard to choose! I want them all and it is always a sad internal debate in my head ><

This is a very particular and specific question But does anyone have the BARC speeder from 75037 and the Imperial speeder from 75090 at the same time? Can anyone take a picture of them side by side? Also which one do you think looks cooler? Thanks in advance!

I have those - if no one else beats me to it I may post something this week

VS.

I'd get the The Final Duel. Hype for TFA is still high and all of those figures in Takodano will be available in future sets (possibly with even other characters you may like or cheaper sets), plus there could be future sales. The Final Duel will not be revisited by Lego for some time and who knows when we'll get another shot at Vader (maybe in RO) or the Emperor.

The Final Duel as a set is much better than the Castle which is pretty much two walls and a doorway. So I'd agree with the others and go for the final duel.

VS.

If you're mostly into the minifigures then I would recommend the Final Duel. Luke, Vader and the Emperor are top notch. I would actually recommend the Final Duel over Takodana no matter what you're into. It's a better set in every way possible.

VS.

Go for the Final Duel - the set is more movie-accurate and you get more for the price; besides as others have said, Finn, Kylo and the FO stormies will probably make lots of future appearances in cheaper sets. And it's from last year, so will be retiring earlier.

I have those - if no one else beats me to it I may post something this week

It's fine, I already decided on the BARC. I felt like I wanted to give the Shock Trooper from the new battle pack a speeder, and I was deciding which one looked nice. I found both speeders off their sets so I just picked one. Thanks for the reply!

Just a general question since I can't find it via search.

How do you go about replacing those stud shooters that are bundled in the battle packs now in an economic way?

Brick link is not really an option for me here in Japan and shipping stuff in seems very wasteful not to mention that it roughly costs 1$ for one blaster so getting them in bulk is very expensive.

Or would it be better to wait it out until LEGO decides to bundle both types in the battle packs? (Though I worry they will start bundling stud shooters in regular larger sets too since they introduced one for Chewie in the latest Falcon set)

Edited by Japanbuilder

Just a general question since I can't find it via search.

How do you go about replacing those stud shooters that are bundled in the battle packs now in an economic way?

Brick link is not really an option for me here in Japan and shipping stuff in seems very wasteful not to mention that it roughly costs 1$ for one blaster so getting them in bulk is very expensive.

Or would it be better to wait it out until LEGO decides to bundle both types in the battle packs? (Though I worry they will start bundling stud shooters in regular larger sets too since they introduced one for Chewie in the latest Falcon set)

The cheapest option might then just be to purchase sets with a large number if them included. Currently the Kanan speeder bike set will give you the best value for them.

I too have been looking into getting more guns to replace the stud shooters, and I can't help but wonder why the heck the blasters are so expensive. They aren't exactly hard to come by in Lego sets, yet the Bricklink prices are kind of ridiculous.

The cheapest option might then just be to purchase sets with a large number if them included. Currently the Kanan speeder bike set will give you the best value for them.

I too have been looking into getting more guns to replace the stud shooters, and I can't help but wonder why the heck the blasters are so expensive. They aren't exactly hard to come by in Lego sets, yet the Bricklink prices are kind of ridiculous.

Yes I pondered that option but the regular price for that set is over 40$ here in japan >< So that is out of the question. I may have to bite the bullet and order about 60 of them in bulk and just write it off as a super expensive 60 piece 60$+ lego set (depending on the shipping costs) I do hope LEGO releases them in normal packs again or in an accessory pack box or something. Those stud shooters though have to go.

Yes I pondered that option but the regular price for that set is over 40$ here in japan >< So that is out of the question. I may have to bite the bullet and order about 60 of them in bulk and just write it off as a super expensive 60 piece 60$+ lego set (depending on the shipping costs) I do hope LEGO releases them in normal packs again or in an accessory pack box or something. Those stud shooters though have to go.

Man that is rough. The stud shooters are just the worst. I have around 26 FO battle packs and I have no idea what to do with those freaking things.

Man that is rough. The stud shooters are just the worst. I have around 26 FO battle packs and I have no idea what to do with those freaking things.

Sell them?

Sell them?

I work for Lego Retail so I can't resell product that I've gotten from the store.

Edited by jhaelego

I modified mine to look like at least heavy blasters (added a faucet piece to the front and a round stud at the back to represent its energy pack or just a simple stock). But they still look so awkward. You can also make battle line like pickets from them but that would be a waste of a plate piece >.>

I will ponder ordering some lego blasters even though their prices are just as unfair as anything else.

I'm thinking of bricklinking a large Star Wars set. I remember reading there was a way I could see how many pieces for this set I may already own from other sets. What is the best way to do this? Thanks!

You can do that on bricklink. Go to catalog then set inventories then compare set inventories.

Edited by slenos

I'm thinking of bricklinking a large Star Wars set. I remember reading there was a way I could see how many pieces for this set I may already own from other sets. What is the best way to do this? Thanks!

Rebrickable

Thank you everyone I am going to get the Final Duel then. I've also been seriously considering getting Arealight's custom clone commando helmet and backpack, does anyone have any experience with Arealight or own any of their products? It looks like high quality 3rd party stuff but I haven't talked to anyone whose actually gotten an Arealight's products.

I've got the Arealight Boba Fett backpack and it's excellent... It really finishes off the UCS Fett figure. I wouldn't have any concerns about the quality of their stuff.

Thank you everyone I am going to get the Final Duel then. I've also been seriously considering getting Arealight's custom clone commando helmet and backpack, does anyone have any experience with Arealight or own any of their products? It looks like high quality 3rd party stuff but I haven't talked to anyone whose actually gotten an Arealight's products.

I got their Sabine helmet, the Old Republic trooper helmet for the Jace Malcom figure from 9497 (and a visor for it), a hair piece and a soft rubber shawl or two, plus the curved "smuggler" torso in green. The printing seemed just fine, the rubber shawl & the hair piece made my custom KOTOR Zayne Carrick look great, and the helmets are nice. No problems with the quality that I've noticed!

I've got the Arealight Boba Fett backpack and it's excellent... It really finishes off the UCS Fett figure. I wouldn't have any concerns about the quality of their stuff.

I got their Sabine helmet, the Old Republic trooper helmet for the Jace Malcom figure from 9497 (and a visor for it), a hair piece and a soft rubber shawl or two, plus the curved "smuggler" torso in green. The printing seemed just fine, the rubber shawl & the hair piece made my custom KOTOR Zayne Carrick look great, and the helmets are nice. No problems with the quality that I've noticed!

Awesome to know! I think I will definitely get a Commando then! Thanks guys! :classic: