XimenaPaulina

Post your general LEGO Star Wars questions here

With the Rebels and new Battlefront BPs you know what you're getting. And you don't have to wait until next January (presumably). Waiting for the Rogue One BPs might not pay out- they'll probably have different variations of troopers, like

Scarab and Shadowtroopers

And of course, there's the old "Rebels Stormies vs. Movie Stormies" thing.

Edited by Junior Shark

The parts have already been shown but the battle of hoth board game has some great ones.

Anyway I want to build a stormtrooper army only small like 32ish anyway do you think it's better to get the rebels battle pack or wait for the rogue one one.

I would wait and see. They might be OT stormies or the special op storm troopers that leaked, If its OT i would wait for R1 battlepacks due to no battle damage

I wouldn't put it past TLG to start putting those battle-damaged stormies in sets other than the BP. :hmpf_bad:

Not like its a big deal

Hi Danorak81, the only one that I can think of is the 'Death Star Plans' from the current Droid Escape Pod (part 3068bpb0947). According to Bricklink there's over 2,500 different printed tiles, so you might want to trawl through them (link) if you're looking for something in particular! For future reference there's a general Q&Q thread pinned to the top of the forum. I'll merge this with it in a bit :classic:

You could use the Rebel Star Wars logo which is part 3068bpb0476 which is fairly easy to get for a nice price.

Hi guys,

Many thanks for the responses. The second tile was more of what I'd had in mind: and there are a couple of UK sellers that have one, one with a small minimum purchase so I think I'll go for that.

You weren't lying either, I can't believe how many printed tiles there are! I was determined to just have a quick flick through, but 25 minutes later I decided to put my iPad down and get some sleep!

I'm considering getting The Ghost (75053) and I wanted to get some opinions from those of you who have the set. I never considered getting the set before because it was already retired when I started collecting a few months ago. However, I saw it today at a local Barnes & Noble and it piqued my interest. Is it a good set? Is the Phantom a must buy to go with it? Does it have enough room for all the main characters (Ezra, Chopper, Kanan, Hera, Zeb, and Sabine)?

Edited by jdm44

It has enough room to hold all the characters- but nothing more. The set really has none of the interior space that you expect of larger Star Wars sets. The set is below average, IMO. Without the Phantom, the Ghost has a huge gaping hole. With the Phantom, the Ghost looks small- they are woefully out of scale with each other. It does have a good price per parts ratio, though. Particularly if you have a Barnes & Noble membership.

I don't have the Ghost, but if I saw it at retail price I'd be all over it. It baffles me why Lego was so quick to retire the main vehicle from a series that will likely go on for a few more years. If nothing else it should be a good investment as Rebel fans realize they missed it.

I'm not going to lie, a UCS Ghost would be pretty awesome. I don't even like Rebels and I would strongly consider getting something like that

I'm considering getting The Ghost (75053) and I wanted to get some opinions from those of you who have the set. I never considered getting the set before because it was already retired when I started collecting a few months ago. However, I saw it today at a local Barnes & Noble and it piqued my interest. Is it a good set? Is the Phantom a must buy to go with it? Does it have enough room for all the main characters (Ezra, Chopper, Kanan, Hera, Zeb, and Sabine)?

Its a poor set based on an ongoing show for a ship that may even feature in Rogue One. Its retirement probably means ot will be remade somewhere down the line. Refrain.

Thanks for the advice. I looked up the set on Brickset and realized that it was marked up to $100 instead of being $90. I also looked up the going price for the Phantom which is around $50 on eBay. A $150 set with poor reviews is an easy pass.

On the brightside B&N also had the AT-AP which I didn't hesitate to pick up. It's been on my wantlist for a while.

Thanks for the advice. I looked up the set on Brickset and realized that it was marked up to $100 instead of being $90. I also looked up the going price for the Phantom which is around $50 on eBay. A $150 set with poor reviews is an easy pass.

On the brightside B&N also had the AT-AP which I didn't hesitate to pick up. It's been on my wantlist for a while.

My B&N had one too.

I was planning to go to my Barnes and Noble until I realized they shut all of mine down in the reasonable distance im willing to travel...

I saw a ghost and phantom with figures for 75. Normally I would snatched something at a good price up but I really don't like the rebels series, and if I somehow got stuck with it and I would NOT have been happy (as opposed to something fun like an at-te or republic gunship). Also I think the original set was underwhelming and like already mentioned earlier they'll be remaking it in a better rendition.

Edit to not double post-

What do you guys think about the original greedo? Got one in a lot and I'm unsure if I want to sell it to get some money back (not a fan of him and wasn't the reason I bought the lot) or keep him for my collection. Do you think he will go up much over time with collectors appeal?

Edited by Jackad7

I was planning to go to my Barnes and Noble until I realized they shut all of mine down in the reasonable distance im willing to travel...

B&N is the only place I buy Lego anymore, besides from the Lego store. It's real hard to turn down that 10% discount...

Edited by Junior Shark

B&N is the only place I buy Lego anymore, besides from the Lego store. It's real hard to turn down that 10% discount...

How does that work? $25 to sign up for 1 year and you get 10% discount on everything with free shipping? Do they ever have discounts more than 10%?

Yep, $25 for 1 year with 10% off all purchases and free shipping. Most of the storewide sales events don't apply to Lego. :sad: They will mark down older sets by 25%, though, which becomes 35% off if you're a member. So I should rephrase what I said- B&N is the only place I buy new Lego sets (besides the Lego store), because most places will have better discounts on older sets.

The 10% off brings most sets into acceptable price-per-parts ratios.

Edited by Junior Shark

Hi all, this is my first post, so, hello to everyone!

I have 20 euros + 10% discount on Lego in Toys´r us (I´m from Spain) until May 5th. Is expected to be new sets of Lego Star wars before? because if not I´m thinking to purchase Empire and rebels battle packs . Do you recommend it?

Sorry for my bad english.

Doubtful the new Lego Star Wars sets will be out by then. I can recommend the Empire and Rebels Battlepacks as someone who owns multiples of both.

Doubtful the new Lego Star Wars sets will be out by then. I can recommend the Empire and Rebels Battlepacks as someone who owns multiples of both.

Yes, it seems that 75134 is an attractive option.

Thanks!!

What voucher?

I have 20 euros + 10% discount on Lego in Toys´r us (I´m from Spain) until May 5th.

Is it worth holding onto the voucher incase Toys R Us have a May 4th sale?

Guys I need help deciding on what order to get these things.

Here is what I need and estimated cost.

Custom Shaak Ti Force Unleashed $40

Parts to finish custom figures-capes/helmets/guns ~$40

6 clone pilots -$20

Anakins yellow interceptor-$20

Finishing my at-ot-$50 to 60

Bulk clone troopers - $3 a piece in varying phases probably about 10 phase 1 and 10 phase 2 troopers.

Long term big items-separate list

UCS Slave I-180

Turbo tank (august release)-100

Custom moc~$150? Waiting on instructions and partslist.