XimenaPaulina

Post your general LEGO Star Wars questions here

Depends if you want First Order or Imperials. I have both right next to each other and the ISD makes a much nicer display piece for sure. :wink:

Well, this doesn't really need it's own thread, but Bricklink would be your best bet, and ebay sometimes has a good deal, too. Just depends on which sets you want, really.

Seems like Bricklink is my best bet, I don't really like eBay...

Hi, personally I prefer the Star Destroyer, and it's been recently discontinued so it won't be available for much longer.

For future reference there's a general Q&A thread pinned to the top of the forum; I'll merge this with it in a bit :classic:

This doesn't require a dedicated thread.

As mentioned before, there's a general Q&A thread pinned to the top of the forum; I'll merge this with it in a bit.

Hello EB Users,

As a LEGO Star Wars/LEGO Collector, I feel like my collection is pretty small (http://brickset.com/sets/ownedby-Samibotss) And I've been wanting to expand it, but I don't know my cheapest and fastest way to having ~100 sets

I don't like ordering online, I like it when I can just go to the nearest store and purchase. I'm looking forward to Anakin's Podracer and I'll be buying some of new 2016 sets, but do you know any collecting tips?

I have a preference for everything clone wars/Episode II/III

My Collection so far:

2CoPDSB.jpg

EWx77QD.jpg

H6ALtN2.jpg

I have just got out of my dark ages, some of them are new, others are old ones I had...

I don't think this needs a dedicated thread.

We already have one to post images for your collection, and another general Q&A thread pinned to the top of the forum. I'll merge it in a bit.

I own both, and both are great sets. I'd go for the ISD because it's been discontinued, and will be much harder to get later.

I've been wanting to expand it, but I don't know my cheapest and fastest way to having ~100 sets. Do you know any collecting tips?

I would start by not doing that, buying sets for the sake of owning sets. You want to be a collector right, not a hoarder? Start with buying stuff you actually like.

Also I see some non-LEGO in your collection, for shame!

Edited by khatmorg

I would start by not doing that, buying sets for the sake of owning sets. You want to be a collector right, not a hoarder? Start with buying stuff you actually like.

Also I see some non-LEGO in your collection, for shame!

I only buy LEGO

^ I guess that small black car chasis was spotted in the box :)

Oh that :laugh: This was an Experiment, trying out MEGABLOCKS to see Their quality, unsuprisingly it's terrible so I threw it there....

Edited by _Samibotss_

Dude - what's the score with the TIE Fighter wing/pylon connectors, they're a bit odd looking?

I know this isn't strictly/purely SW related, but it's for a carbon freezing chamber MOD so...

Anyone got any good techniques for a simple raising/lowering platform? I've been playing about all afternoon and have 2 reasonable solutions - one based on using a technic screw gears and one similar to the way the gunner platform is raised in the FO transporter. I was wondering if anyone else had any good solutions that they use for such situations. The main restrictions are that it must fit inside the new carbon freezing chamber set (with the official mechanism removed) and ideally should be operated by a single knob on the outside like the original mechanism.

Alternatively, can anyone point me towards a set that might include a mechanism like this.

Cheers!

Edited by Richpepperell

There have always been in stock in the Liverpool Lego Store. I think that'll be around for a while.

JaHawk, I'm quite sure you'r worries are unfounded, First to expect the set released just over 3 months ago to go retired is a bit awkward but well let's say you got such feeling - ever since there are 'retiring soon' tags on the sets which are to be retired soon, you can easily prove it wrong :) 'Temporarily out of stock' note doesn't suggest retirement on it's own.

On your defend though, I also noticed a lack of supply for (not just) this set lately but there are obvious reasons for that to happen - most likely the production wasn't big enough to cover a big demand so e-shops and toy stores are waiting for next batch to be prepared and shipped.

Some re-sellers already try to sell the set for inflated price to kinda abuse this temporare lack of supply :P

Has the 2015 Falcon been retired already??

The fact that I seen the set (along with others TFA sets) on clearance at Wal-Mart should tell you something. :shrug_confused:

This is how it worked out for me:

Very nice work :thumbup: , once I get my hands on the Superman figure I'm going to make a Poe figure as well.

Weird. Here in the UK it has been "temporarily out of stock" for a good while, and none of my local stores (Lego or otherwise) have any, or are expecting any in.

It is a very popular set... If you do find a store which is expecting some more soon give them your name and phone number and ask if you can reserve a set, I've done it before in some stores and it's worked out fine. :wink:

I know this isn't strictly/purely SW related, but it's for a carbon freezing chamber MOD so...

Anyone got any good techniques for a simple raising/lowering platform? I've been playing about all afternoon and have 2 reasonable solutions - one based on using a technic screw gears and one similar to the way the gunner platform is raised in the FO transporter. I was wondering if anyone else had any good solutions that they use for such situations. The main restrictions are that it must fit inside the new carbon freezing chamber set (with the official mechanism removed) and ideally should be operated by a single knob on the outside like the original mechanism.

Alternatively, can anyone point me towards a set that might include a mechanism like this.

Cheers!

Technic sets may give some ideas, maybe the guys in that forum can help with that?

Hey Guys, first post and i'm from austria, so please excuse my bad english....

after 25 years i am back into collecting LEGO, getting the older sets can get very expensive, thats why i'm only looking for good deals.

so here's the question:

i'm looking forward to buy Tantive IV 10198, sealed of course, how high is the chance to get the wrong mould(smooth hair) of princess leia(175a)?

did they get all exchanged or are there still a few on the market? can you see it on the serial number?

thx guys

Edited by SeucheCave

I don't think there is a known amount of smooth hair leias, so you will just have to get lucky. The best place I can think of for buying one sealed would be bricklink. If you end up not getting the smooth haired one if you buy the set, you can always buy one loose on bricklink. Most of the sealed ones cost around $300, which is double the original price.

Yes, as Darth_Brick360 says, just get one used and complete to be certain. Don't make yourself crazy calculating the odds. Consider also sometimes a kit probable to have defective pieces may only have been shipped to certain countries/areas, etc. so it's really a roll of the die any way you cut it via your local retail distribution.

Used, the stickers may be poorly applied but at least the moulds should be intact - if you have an honest seller.

Oh, and welcome back into collecting Lego!

Edited by darththeling