XimenaPaulina

Post your general LEGO Star Wars questions here

So I bought the 2 in 1 pack that includes the Phantom and The Ghost from Toys R us today on a whim for $95 USD +tax because it seemed like a decent deal. It was also the last one. I'm a fairly casual Star Wars Lego fan and it is not a theme I regularly buy sets from. The sets that I do buy are generally ones that either have Phase 1 clones in them or are single fighter space ships (_-Wings, TIEs). As someone who has never seen Rebels and probably won't anytime in the near future, will I enjoy these set or should I return it?

Edited by Yeow

I`ve just bought these battle packs ( along with the damaged Brickmaster Book )and I need help, has anybody built any vehicles that would be appropriate to this "time-line" ?I`m not a gamer, so I have no idea where to start.I was hoping to find out about something that`s not too big ,like a speeder or a fighter

Thanks

Kenny

23674898235_111b21b8ba.jpgIMG_0076 by kenny burns, on Flickr

Edited by r5-j2

So I bought the 2 in 1 pack that includes the Phantom and The Ghost from Toys R us today on a whim for $95 USD +tax because it seemed like a decent deal. It was also the last one. I'm a fairly casual Star Wars Lego fan and it is not a theme I regularly buy sets from. The sets that I do buy are generally ones that either have Phase 1 clones in them or are single fighter space ships (_-Wings, TIEs). As someone who has never seen Rebels and probably won't anytime in the near future, will I enjoy these set or should I return it?

yes you will enjoy them

I`ve just bought these battle packs ( along with the damaged Brickmaster Book )and I need help, has anybody built any vehicles that would be appropriate to this "time-line" ?I`m not a gamer, so I have no idea where to start.I was hoping to find out about something that`s not too big ,like a speeder or a fighter

Thanks

Kenny

IMG_0076 by kenny burns, on Flickr

I have one of those battlepacks too, although I don't have any other Old Republic stuff. The Republic soldiers look good with clone troopers though, and the sith troopers blend in well with stormtroopers. So even if you can't find more Old Republic stuff they can be used in many other builds.

Thanks everyone, these are cool;- I recognise the Sith Vessel,I had seen it before ,but never linked it to the Old Republic"....now I have something to work from.

Many thank

Kenny

p.s. The Zenith looks insanely good!

Edited by r5-j2

When are the 2015 sets going to be discontinued? I'm looking to buy the imperial shuttle+obi-wan jedi interceptor when it comes out dec.17, but I don't know when is the imp. shuttle going to be discontinued....

Speaking honestly here, even as a Rebels fan I don't particularly enjoy those sets. The main draw for me was the figures, beyond that they're not that great. But maybe you'll like 'em, since you're coming into this with a fresh start. As much as I like Rebels, the sets have too many glaring problems. But don't let that dissuade you. They're certainly not the worst sets in the world. "To each his own".

When are the 2015 sets going to be discontinued? I'm looking to buy the imperial shuttle+obi-wan jedi interceptor when it comes out dec.17, but I don't know when is the imp. shuttle going to be discontinued....

Don't hold your breath for the Tydirium to be discontinued.... if I remember correctly, it was a summer set, which means we won't even start thinking about discontinuation until the end of next summer.

Hi Kenny

If you're interested in the Jedi Defender-Class Cruiser (75025), it's still available in the UK at TRU for only £59.99 at the moment (link) which is the cheapest that I've seen it. For future reference there's a general Q&A thread pinned to the top of the forum which is ideal for this sort of thing; I'll merge this with it in a bit :classic:

I just bought this set today from Toys R Us (ordered it online).

Although I 'am' a fan of Star Wars Rebels, so I am hoping I will enjoy it. I just wish Sabine came with it.

If there was another topic that dealt with this, I apologize.

But I am looking for purchasing additional stormtroopers. I know there are many sets with stormtroopers, as well as variants of them. From what I have seen of the variants, I think what I like best is the 2014 version. I know that trooper is in the Imperial Star Destroyer set, but are there any other sets with that specific variant stormtrooper? I may buy this set eventually, but way too expensive to buy for multiple troopers.

I know it sounds picky, but just looking at the different ones, I am not a fan of the Rebels version and I don't like the older ones as the eyes are too small. I know I'm probably digging myself a hole in wanting to collect a bunch of them and sticking with that specific variant, but that's why I'm asking here what would be my best option.

Any help would be appreciated. :classic:

The version you are talking about is the current best original trilogy stormtrooper. They used to be very expensive, but the price has come down quite a lot since it is in the current advent calendar. As La Chupacabra says the best way to buy them in bulk is on Bricklink.

Thank you for pointing me to Bricklink! But I am seeing all of the stormtroopers listed are with the blue vents, I am looking for the black vents.

When I go to the 3 sets this stormtrooper is associated with (Imperial Star Destroyer, Slave 1 and Advent Calendar), it shows black vents, but when I look specifically for 'sw585' and it lists the stormtroopers separately, it shows them all having blue vents.

Edit: The other thing I notice is very few of them list having blasters with them. Should I assume it doesn't unless it says otherwise?

Edited by Hobbun

This is the latest version of the Stormtrooper which is in the Slave 1, Advent Calendar and the Star Destroyer:

Here

There is one person in Europe and one in the US who have up to around 30 of them for £4 each or less.

Lots of the blasters around at very little cost:

Here

Edited by Robianco

This is the latest version of the Stormtrooper which is in the Slave 1, Advent Calendar and the Star Destroyer:

Here

There is one person in Europe and one in the US who have up to around 30 of them for £4 each or less.

Lots of the blasters around at very little cost:

Here

I guess the helmets only come with blue vents. When looking at those sets, it really does look like the vents are in black (which I prefer), but if it's only blue, that is a small issue as I like the rest of the minifigure.

Thank you, so much. :classic:

I guess the helmets only come with blue vents. When looking at those sets, it really does look like the vents are in black (which I prefer), but if it's only blue, that is a small issue as I like the rest of the minifigure.

Well, blue is accurate to the movies.