XimenaPaulina

Post your general LEGO Star Wars questions here

Tie advanced? Wow thats a great news!

Anyway, im thinking of at-ap for my at-at moc

Hey guys,

I just bought the Millenium Falcon microfighter and it looks awful lonely by itself surrounded by other LEGO, so I am planning to buy another Microfighter to display it with. Which is the best Microfighter besides the Falcon that I should buy?

Thanks!

legozebra

I feel that the falcon is far and away the best. Bas for my second favorite, my opinion seems to be unpopular, but I like the aat or turbo tank probably almost as much as the falcon.

I got the Star Destroyer to keep it company (and to get all those sweet 1x2x2 slopes!). Really any of the other OT microfighters would work as well, but the Star Destroyer was the one that spoke to me. It's cute and has a pretty clever build.

Thanks guys! Looks like I will have to decide between the AAT, Tank, and SD! I'll post a pic of the one I chose! (I'm also kinda liking the TIE Interceptor... I dunno ;)

I have the tie interceptor and Turbo tank. I am not a huge fan of the microfighters in general but these two are nice builds and at £8.99 then are quite inexpensive.

75031 TIE Interceptor

or

75033 Star Destroyer

For the figures, that's all you should be buying them for, the microfighters were a stupid idea on TLGs part.

Just another question about past sets; one of my local toy stores has the AT-TE down to £53.99, and the Gunship discounted 20%, should I jump the boat, or wait a while, to see further offers?

I think the X-Wing is a pretty damned decent microfighter. I was skeptical of MF's as a whole, but after having gotten the X-Wing for some reason I can't remember, its a pretty good build, nice parts, looks pretty good chibified and I love its little folding wings :P

I don't even care for MF generally, but it's far away the best Microfighter.

Second place is a distant second, IMO, but I'm going to say ISD. It also is the one that makes the most sense to pair up with MF based on movie scenes.

Are you nuts?, take them now! just kidding, I would recommend to acquire them while they are considerably cheap, you never know if they will ever get cheaper later, after all, 20 % is pretty much and some times the prices rise up ridiculously after the set has been discontinued, it also depend on how much or how often have you seen such offers at your local stores.

Are you nuts?, take them now! just kidding, I would recommend to acquire them while they are considerably cheap, you never know if they will ever get cheaper later, after all, 20 % is pretty much and some times the prices rise up ridiculously after the set has been discontinued, it also depend on how much or how often have you seen such offers at your local stores.

Its more of a clearance offer, but a few employees say many of the products get discounted more!

Its more of a clearance offer, but a few employees say many of the products get discounted more!

I would not wait for 2 long, I did the same with jabba's palace and every week the price went down and then when I went to get one.... ALL GONE!!! :/

Just another question about past sets; one of my local toy stores has the AT-TE down to £53.99, and the Gunship discounted 20%, should I jump the boat, or wait a while, to see further offers?

Buy now. For that price I would get them. And if I would then so would others, so they may well be none left to reduce even further.

Hello, I am new to this forum and somewhat new to collecting Star Wars Lego sets as well. There is a toy store down the street that has Anakin and Sebulba's Podracers # 7962. I know this is a discontinued set and the original price was $80. The store is selling it for $88. Should I jump on this set?

Hello, I am new to this forum and somewhat new to collecting Star Wars Lego sets as well. There is a toy store down the street that has Anakin and Sebulba's Podracers # 7962. I know this is a discontinued set and the original price was $80. The store is selling it for $88. Should I jump on this set?

It's a good deal in my opinion, and the podracers are one of the best LSW sets ever made.

Tie advanced? Wow thats a great news!

Yes, but not Vader's TIE-advnaced; it's the Inquisitor's TIE-advanced:

Toy-Fair-2014-Hasbro-Star-Wars-Rebels-Saga-Legends-026.jpg

For those who don't know; this is an AT-DP

Toy-Fair-2014-Hasbro-Star-Wars-Rebels-Saga-Legends-024.jpg

Q: Isn't that an AT-AR

A: That's what I thought, but with EU out of the window it's apparently an AT-DP...

Wonder what that DP stands for... I mean, it only has one gun, not two :wink:

Edited by HJR

The only problem with Rebels I can foresee is that it is trying too hard to capture the look and feel of the OT. If it fixates on emulation and homage over creativity and originality it risks being artistically stifled and a reduced product.

The TIE Inquisitor advanced is just too much IMO and seems uninspired and boring.