XimenaPaulina

Post your general LEGO Star Wars questions here

I have a question for you MOCers. Do you buy, build and keep lego sets in their natural state? I cant get myself to take apart my SW vehicles. I leave them built. But then I have no legos to build anything.

Do you sacrifice your sets to make your MOCs?

No, I keep my SW sets sealed, I only open very carefully the most recents for my collection of minifigs.

For my MOC I have other sets 3 or 4 (creator/city). For the rest I plan my needs and I buy on BL.

2.) With regards to MOCing, I rarely sacrifice sets just to make MOCs. What I do is plan the MOC in LDD, purchase the parts I need from BL, and then build my MOCs. Sometimes, I do scavenge parts from sets, but I always make it a point to replenish them on my next stop to BL. Also, I also don't take apart my MOCs (non-contest entries), like what artists won't do with their artworks.

I have a question on this subject, might not be Star Wars related but since we got this far might as well pop it out.

Is there a fast way of getting a list of the parts you need when you build a model in LDD? and is there a fast way of ordering large number of different parts on Briclink or do you have to look them all up manually?

If have got a few LDD models I really want to build, but I want to cannibalize my Star Wars sets as little as possible, as well as keep nice MOC's intact (which really is hardly ever possible since my collection is mostly SW)

As a collector I never sacrifice a set to build a MOC.

I'd rather buy parts on BL instead.

I try to keep all my sets sealed in zip-lock bags for the day when I can put them all on display.

Sadly I have to reconstruct my sets from 1999 to 2005, as they ended up with my regular parts.

I have a question on this subject, might not be Star Wars related but since we got this far might as well pop it out.

Is there a fast way of getting a list of the parts you need when you build a model in LDD? and is there a fast way of ordering large number of different parts on Briclink or do you have to look them all up manually?

If have got a few LDD models I really want to build, but I want to cannibalize my Star Wars sets as little as possible, as well as keep nice MOC's intact (which really is hardly ever possible since my collection is mostly SW)

LDD Manager can generate lists (not sure to what extent), and there is a JavaScript tool somone made over in the LDD forum to upload a model to PaB without going through DbM, but other than that you're on your own.

LDD users can order the parts via DesignbyMe. Excluding those parts which are only available in Universe mode, of course.

For ordering through Bricklink? I haven't found an easy way yet, but that doesn't mean one doesn't exist. I usually search for the hardest to find part, and then fill up the order with as many of the easier parts as I think I can afford. If I find that there are several hard to find parts, then I'll split the easier pieces among several orders to help make up minimums. The more orders, though, means more shipping and handling costs, which sucks.

Hopefully someone else knows of a better way.

Thanks guys, I have seen the other two Juggernauts already but I have not seen the Wookiepedia Page.

That's a very interesting project you're undertaking brickfoot. Have you checked out wookieepedia? I'm sure there are a lot of reference pictures there. In fact, in the Juggernaut wiki page, I saw this cross-section image which might be helpful to you. Well, good luck on this project and do keep us updated! :classic:

The cross section is very nice thank you for the link.

Also, another member posted a similar topic of his own, that thread has links to the two current best known UCS Juggurauts. (not saying you should've posted there, but there is some useful info there)

Yes, I saw that topic. That was my main reason to build a UCS scale model because Max Yang's model is way off proportion. And I find Sven Junga's model is lacking detail.

i would suggest buying the Prequel Chronicles book, plenty of pictures in there.

I just ordered the book, I never knew such a book existed and I think with over 3000, pictures it will help with any of my MOC's.

I have all the proportions for mine done, it will hold about 75 troops, 12 pilots, and 8 gunners. I have not taken any pictures of the wheels yet but each wheel is 3 minifigs tall.

I have a question for you MOCers. Do you buy, build and keep lego sets in their natural state? I cant get myself to take apart my SW vehicles. I leave them built. But then I have no legos to build anything.

Do you sacrifice your sets to make your MOCs?

I'm exactly the same as KDM - I always keep my official sets and MOCs. I use LDD to design MOCs then order parts from BL. If I ever need to 'borrow' a piece from an official set I replace it at a later date. It would be so much cheaper to take apart my sets but I just can't bring myself to do it.

Here's the link to download LDD manager. Link.. I'm fairly sure I read recently that Superkalle was updating it to create a wanted list on BL - but don't quote me on that. Unfortunately I don't think there's a version of LDD Manager for Mac :sad:

Hi there,

is there any difference between the Minifigures from the LEGO STAR WARS watch sets and the one, which come with the normal sets?

Since there is a difference between the Minifigures from the magnet sets and the normal ones I wonder, if the Minifigures from the watch sets might be different too then!?

Thank you for your help.

Jango

The figures from the older watch sets were equal quality to normal figures, I have no clue about the new ones though.

I don't own one myself, but so far as I can tell they are the same. Look at their legs, and if they're shiny like normal LEGO, than it's the same; if they're kinda dull or translucent looking, then it's China plastic.

I think this could go in the General Questions topic.

i would suggest buying the Prequel Chronicles book, plenty of pictures in there.

OMG.

This book seems awesome ! :cry_happy:

I want one ! :cry_happy:

OMG.

This book seems awesome ! :cry_happy:

I want one ! :cry_happy:

and theres also 'The StarWars Chronicles'

i've had thm both for years i'm surprised you've never seen em, loads of pictures scale refs etc!!

Anyone kind enough to provide some info on those books?

Author - publisher - ISBN and such.

Yup, and is it worth it. Seems a little steep, at 102(Amazon) bucks USD. I'm wondering if it has pics of ships that aren't seen otherwise.

They are 2 of the best starwars books there is they are nearly A3 in Size and a good 2" thick, full colour glossy photos lots of info. they both have protective box's, i paid almost £100GBP each for them in 2005.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/STAR-WARS-SPECIAL-COLLECTION-package-deal-/280613331104?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4155dba0a0

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Star-Wars-Chronicles-Stephen-Sansweet/dp/B000J108AC/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1294781224&sr=1-2

Edited by cavegod

Authors - Stephen J. Sansweet and Pablo Hidalgo

Publisher - Chronicle Books

Pages - 343 pages

Dimensions - 14.5 x 10.5 x 1.5 inches

Weight - 7.7 pounds

ISBN - 0811847357

They are 2 of the best starwars books there is they are nearly A3 in Size and a good 2" thick, full colour glossy photos lots of info. they both have protective box's, i paid almost £100GBP each for them in 2005.

Really? How do they compare to the Art of- books? I have the six of those, and they have a lot of concept art and blueprints and stuff like that, and anything beyond that that I need is basically a PM to Mr. Fallenangel away. :tongue:

Really? How do they compare to the Art of- books? I have the six of those, and they have a lot of concept art and blueprints and stuff like that, and anything beyond that that I need is basically a PM to Mr. Fallenangel away. :tongue:

I'm not certain whether I should be getting annoyed at this point...

Just look for pictures of the original studio models. Model kit enthusiast sites like modelermagic or Studioscale have them by the bucketful. (That 32" Falcon! :wub: )

Anyway, from my understanding the A6 was created as a retcon because they made the Juggernaut at the Battle of Kashyyyk ridiculously large. The practical part of this is that its exterior is identical to that of the previously existing A5, aside from the additional armaments described on Wookieepedia (though I think several of those are concealed). As there is no tangible studio model of the A6 that I know of (did they use any real models in that movie, other than the Eta-2?) I'm going to assume that the proportions as depicted in the Essential Guide are the correct ones. So, there's one of your best resources.

I'm not certain whether I should be getting annoyed at this point...

Just look for pictures of the original studio models. Model kit enthusiast sites like modelermagic or Studioscale have them by the bucketful. (That 32" Falcon! :wub: )

Anyway, from my understanding the A6 was created as a retcon because they made the Juggernaut at the Battle of Kashyyyk ridiculously large. The practical part of this is that its exterior is identical to that of the previously existing A5, aside from the additional armaments described on Wookieepedia (though I think several of those are concealed). As there is no tangible studio model of the A6 that I know of (did they use any real models in that movie, other than the Eta-2?) I'm going to assume that the proportions as depicted in the Essential Guide are the correct ones. So, there's one of your best resources.

I will look into those sites, thanks. But as for the Essential guide those proportions are nothing like the ones in the movie, So I will not use them.

Does the Art of Revenge of the Sith have any pictures of the Turbo tank in it?

Edited by brickfoot

Don't remember. I'll check when I get the chance.

Wasn't the turbo tank origonally designed for TESB i'm sure theres a prelim in the archives book i have, i will look later and take a pic.

Wasn't the turbo tank origonally designed for TESB i'm sure theres a prelim in the archives book i have, i will look later and take a pic.

Yes, they originally designed the Juggernaut for Hoth but used the At-At instead. If you could find a picture that would be great.

Yes, they originally designed the Juggernaut for Hoth but used the At-At instead. If you could find a picture that would be great.

Ok 2bad pictures of the jugger

and one of the holy grail, a misplaced picture showing the scale of an AT-ST when in fact the picture is of a AT-AT

Photo-0116.jpg

Photo-0115.jpg

Photo-0117.jpg

It has two pictures, but they're only a inch or so tall and they're of the concept sculpts, so they're not really accurate in terms of details.

Edited by Brickdoctor

Ok 2bad pictures of the jugger

and one of the holy grail, a misplaced picture showing the scale of an AT-ST when in fact the picture is of a AT-AT

Thanks for the pictures.

It has two pictures, but they're only a inch or so tall and they're of the concept sculpts, so they're not really accurate in terms of details.

Thanks for trying.